I’m wondering what the general consensus is in regards to the cantina. I mean, we WILL be doing it once earlier on in our trip... guaranteed. That being said, is it worth our precious Disneyland time to go through the trouble in trying to secure yet another reservation to go another time later in our vacation?

From what I’m hearing, the cantina is more or less a one and done type of experience. With comments ranging from having to stand, the drinks (especially with mugs) being very expensive and not much to hold attention for long periods of time.

To be honest, watching Rex do his thing is probably what I’m most interested in... but perhaps there’s someone out there with reason enough on why it should be something we do at least twice?? Hm...

I think the Cantina is easily one of the most repeatable experiences in Galaxy’s Edge. Certainly way more than Savi’s or the Droid workshop. Probably second only to Smugglers Run in that regard. Their menu is very diverse which means you can try different things on different visits, and the ambience is always a bit different each time. I can’t imagine us not going multiple times.

I think the Cantina is easily one of the most repeatable experiences in Galaxy’s Edge. Certainly way more than Savi’s or the Droid workshop. Probably second only to Smugglers Run in that regard. Their menu is very diverse which means you can try different things on different visits, and the ambience is always a bit different each time. I can’t imagine us not going multiple times.

Looks like we'll be making time to check it out on two separate occasions in that case!

Serious question: what does everyone do with their lightsabers after building them and taking them home?

Sigh. Every time I read a post about an amazing experience at Savi's, it makes me want to do it. The cost isn't an issue, but I'm just too old to want a $200 lightsaber, I'm too old to own a $200 lightsaber. Lol. :darth:

Please *get* the light saber!

I don't know how old you are, but I'm a 36 year old married woman and I *will* come home with one light saber if not TWO (if my husband won't divorce me).

Life is too short to not do the things you want to if its feasible.

They make stands and wall mounts for light sabers, just sayin'.

So for Oga's, is there any way to request a seated table if you are willing to wait longer? We have a toddler so a seated table would be way way better.

We were able to request a seated table when we checked in on Friday. You need to make the request with the first CM you check in with (the one that is standing at the end of the line). We ended up sharing the table with 3 to 4 other groups (mostly groups of 2). The CM told us that the wait time could be up to an hour longer, depending on how many other requests are ahead of you.

I think what they're trying to avoid is having to hold a spot for guests as they wait for them to return. If the let guests wander away, then they'll have to hold the spot for some amount of time so that the guests can return to the podium. This way, as soon as the spot is available, they can bring in the next group in line (or whichever group is going to fit into that spot) and they don't have much of a down time. That being said, I wouldn't mind a pager system with a limited range (even if it's as small as having to remain in sight of the Cantina) so that guests could wait in more shaded locations nearby.

I have tried to play catch up on this thread but am having trouble finding some stuff. We aren't going until October, but I am trying to get prepared early :) Can someone please tell me:

1- are there currently FP being used for MFSR? (I think "no")
2- what is the base price to build a droid? (I think maybe around $100?)
3- am I correct that the droid personality chips have been sold out a lot?

I have tried to play catch up on this thread but am having trouble finding some stuff. We aren't going until October, but I am trying to get prepared early :) Can someone please tell me:

1- are there currently FP being used for MFSR? (I think "no")
2- what is the base price to build a droid? (I think maybe around $100?)
3- am I correct that the droid personality chips have been sold out a lot?
1. No...they have scanners in place though, so in the future it will have fastpass.
2. $99 +tax...I think it was $107 total. No discounts
3. Yes they were gone when I went late June for my reservation. They were restocked 2 weeks ago, and they are sold out again. For any item you see there you want, I would buy it. Restocks have been far and few in between.

1. No...they have scanners in place though, so in the future it will have fastpass.
2. $99 +tax...I think it was $107 total. No discounts
3. Yes they were gone when I went late June for my reservation. They were restocked 2 weeks ago, and they are sold out again. For any item you see there you want, I would buy it. Restocks have been far and few in between.
Thank you!

Does anyone know how long the average wait is if you request a booth? Our daughter is only 45" so I don't think standing at a table would really work for her.
Hello, I’ve visited the cantina 3 times. We stood at a high top for our first visit, which was miserable for my 49” 6 year old (could barely rest her chin on the table). Since then, I just wait for booths, and it’s a much more enjoyable experience. We’ve waited about 20 min each time. I wait in the shade by the door, and everyone else waits on the shaded bench across from the cantina until they call us. I personally like 3:30ish reservations, because it’s a nice mid-afternoon refreshment break, and still feels kid-friendly at that time.

Thanks for all the info everyone! I’m glad we have an evening reservation in case we have to wait in no shade.
This is why we made a late reservation. Waiting in the hot sun would have wilted me, so we booked for after fireworks. Checked in about 5 minutes before our time and got in line. Waited about 15 minutes before going in. The CM was quite pleased that she didn't have to repeat her spiel for us.

Sounds crazy that you still gotta wait in line for Oga's. They should use texting or pagers so you can wander.
Waiting in the line can actually be fun if the people around you are friendly. There was a group of young women behind us doing Chewbacca impressions -- and some of them were very good! -- so we started laughing and talking with them. The time passed super quickly. And we could wave at each other across the bar once we all got inside.

This is why we made a late reservation. Waiting in the hot sun would have wilted me, so we booked for after fireworks. Checked in about 5 minutes before our time and got in line. Waited about 15 minutes before going in. The CM was quite pleased that she didn't have to repeat her spiel for us.
hahaha! The CM working the line Saturday when we were there said the same thing. She heard me tell my friends, "we only have 45 minutes inside, only 2 drinks each, it's mostly standing, it's also crowded so we might be close to another group"...The CM was all "Wow you guys have a frequent traveler in your party. She knows all about Oga's rules" lol

Hi all, I just booked Oga's for 10:55 am for Wed. Aug 21 - Plan to have a non-alcoholic drink and the snacks as a pre-lunch. It's just me and my wife. Would like a table, but not a big deal if not immediately available. Any suggestions on What time we should arrive to ride Smuggler's Run beforehand? Thanks!

I just got a reservation for Wednesday 8.21 at 10:50 PM (post-fireworks, figured it'd be great for getting night shots of the land)! That said, the park schedule is still listed as closing at 11 PM. So is the bar open post-close, or was this a fluke?

I'm a solo traveler (heh - Solo), so I'm assuming I'll be at a standing high-top or at directly at the bar, if that's even an option. Both are actually perfect for me, since I'm not much of a talker (and I'll be dead tired from flying in that day).

We just got back and we LOVED galaxy’s edge. I grew up with the original trilogy my eldest with the prequels, my youngest is 11 so the sequels are huge for him. We’ve watched all the animated series, even the original almost silent clone wars series. There was stuff for all of us. The troopers wandering around were great. I loved all the little details. When we were in line for the falcon we noticed another ship on the roof of a building that wasn’t that noticeable from the ground. The pets in the pet shop were fantastic, that sleeping loth cat with its chewed up porg toy was adorable. Kinda choked loth cats aren’t real tbh. The cantina was a blast. So many little kids dancing to DJ Rex & the drinks were good! It felt like Star Wars through and through. Not everything has to have been on the big screen for it to be Star Wars. It’s a massive universe and the movies only really followed the Skywalkers! This land expands the universe. Best part is if has my husband really really excited to come back; although he dropped about 1500 on merch.

My husband made a lightsaber at Savis. Very cool, I’m making one next time. I just about cried, too be fair I also cry at fireworks, World of Color, fantasmic. But that experience was on par with those for me. The kids and I made droids. The kids made BB units so I “had” to make an R unit. They are really good little remote toys.

The merch is fantastic. I got the Rey vest and the quality is amazing. It doesn’t look like a costume at all. I also got the arm wraps and thought they were tight in store but when I got the tags off they fit just fine, so don’t go up a size I’d you think you are between sizes! My youngest has officially started a zoo with all the creatures. I thought the loth cat was just an expensive stuffy but it purrs, hisses, and makes happy sounds depending on what you do with it. All the creatures were really cool and all have sound. Han’s dice are surprisingly heavy and sturdy

Finally being around other Star Wars fans is always great. We sat with some great people at the Cantina who told us what drinks to get & talked me into the fuzzy tauntaun which did make my lip numb but it’s great! We saw so many fun tee shirts. The best was a guy on a scooter who had his shoulder monkey set up on the handle bar wearing a star destroyer necklace, absolute perfection.

The downsides:
It does need music. Maybe not Jon Williams everywhere but cantina like “local” music in more places. Even if it was set up like the merchants had a radio going would be awesome.

The ships were a little loud. My husband thought they were fine. I like that they were there but the sound was almost hard to talk over in some places.

The stock levels need to get sorted out. We lucked out and got there the week after the personality chips showed up and got smuggler & first order, then the backpacks showed up on the last day. But, it was a weird way to deal with the parks constantly checking reddit & ******* to see if stuff was reappearing and buying stuff immediately for fear of it selling out. The chips did within hours of buying them. My husband would have bought more hilts and kyber crystals had they been available.

Last edited:
How do you think it would have gone over had they built Universal's Harry Potter park all around the magical beasts movies since that was the "new" direction? That succeeded because people want to experience what they have dreamed about.
Probably not very well give WWoHP opened in 2010, and Fantastic Beasts didn’t start filming until 2015 (released 2016). What would they have based the park on?

In all seriousness, the Harry Potter and Star Wars stories and fandoms are very, very different. In my opinion, there isn’t an obvious theme choice from SW, versus a very obvious choice for HP.

Just take locations, for example. Hogwarts was shown in all 8 of the HP films (and even showed up in FB 2). What planets show up consistently throughout in the SW film series? Ahch-To (2 in ST), Dagobah (2 in OT), Coruscant (3 in PT), Mustafar (1 in PT, RO), Naboo (3 in PT), Tatooine (3 PT, 1 OT). (I’m not counting the montage added in the additional scenes for RotJ.) The Millennium Falcon shows up in 6 movies. That’s probably the closest anyone has dreamed to see, and it’s in the park.

Really, Disney was just in a lose-lose situation. Pick something that already exists and deal with complainers that there would have been better options, or make something new and deal with complainers that it’s not in the movies.

But hey, what do I know. I wasn’t alive when the OT wasn’t released, so maybe I shouldn’t have an opinion at all.

Looks like they're planning on letting guests book reservations at the Droid Depot up to 14-days in advance now as well. I guess this is in anticipation of increased crowds due to the AP blockout ending (and upcoming holiday seasons). As the crowds stood this summer, there really isn't any need for a Droid Depot reservation.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/activity-reservation/19278772;entityType=activity-product/search/
I can see how that will be necessary. Last weekend was busier than earlier in the week and I had to wait to get a station to build my droid. The conveyer belt area was also crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter