Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

js said:
I have an iPhone 5 and this is the worst app I have ever downloaded.
I have downloaded and deleted this app approximately 6-10 times today.
It has frozen and it has just kept looking like it was getting ready to set but no such luck.
Now, I am trying to link my hotel ressie (I'll be 60 days out on January 22) and it keeps saying my Reservation Failed to Link, my confirmation number or phone number do not match Disney's records. THEN, today at work, I called and sure enough it was correct so there is no reason why the app is not finding the match?????
Can anyone please help or has this happened to anyone?

Look under more and that is where you can add the resort under my reservations.

All the "Pardon Our Pixie Dust" pop-up's have disappeared and it seems like the site is working (all my reservations are there, I haven't had to re-add anything I manually moved to the site such as dining reservations). I was able to do 60 day check-in this morning but there was no option to book any parades or fast passes on the website. I will try the mobile app today as well to see any differences.

Some of you have seen me post this on another thread, but I think I should post it here as well since it pertains to updates to the website and app.

As people are awaiting the website and app to mature and add features, especially the one about linking tickets, I wonder what the implications are. Remember this bullet on the Terms and Conditions:

Once available, you may convert certain paper tickets or passes to a paperless ticket or pass in the Site/App. Once converted, your ticket or pass park admission entitlements are stored in your account and fulfilled by an RF Device. The paper ticket or pass becomes void and is no longer valid for admission. However, you may want to keep your paper ticket or pass in the event you do not receive your RF Device before your visit or if you are a passholder you should keep your paper pass for validation of other passholder benefits.

I think this means that if you want "opt out" of the FP+ system and you want to be able to use the old FP system (while it's still around), or if you are waiting to see how this all shakes out, that you should not link your tickets in any way to you MDE account. Doing so would turn them into "Virtual Tickets" for use with an RF device like the MagicBand, and it would void your paper or plastic card tickets for the purposes of obtaining paper FPs as we know them today.

Is this everyone else's interpretation, as well? I will certainly be waiting a bit longer before making any commitment of that sort.

bigAWL said:
Some of you have seen me post this on another thread, but I think I should post it here as well since it pertains to updates to the website and app.

As people are awaiting the website and app to mature and add features, especially the one about linking tickets, I wonder what the implications are. Remember this bullet on the Terms and Conditions:

I think this means that if you want "opt out" of the FP+ system and you want to be able to use the old FP system (while it's still around), or if you are waiting to see how this all shakes out, that you should not link your tickets in any way to you MDE account. Doing so would turn them into "Virtual Tickets" for use with an RF device like the MagicBand, and it would void your paper or plastic card tickets for the purposes of obtaining paper FPs as we know them today.

Is this everyone else's interpretation, as well? I will certainly be waiting a bit longer before making any commitment of that sort.

I think you will still need the paper AP for the merchandise discounts etc. I like you am going to be very cautious before I link my AP! How do you actually get the wrist band for example and when? If I link the AP now and then on arrival day where is my band so I can get into the parks before I have checked into my resort?

I think you will still need the paper AP for the merchandise discounts etc. I like you am going to be very cautious before I link my AP! How do you actually get the wrist band for example and when? If I link the AP now and then on arrival day where is my band so I can get into the parks before I have checked into my resort?

Yes, according to the T&C, the actual AP needs to be retained for verification of discounts. Why I'm not sure...they should be able to scan the MagicBand and get that info.

doconeill said:
Yes, according to the T&C, the actual AP needs to be retained for verification of discounts. Why I'm not sure...they should be able to scan the MagicBand and get that info.

Thats what I thought. I also wondered is there going to be any alternative RFID devices other than the wrist band? I am disabled so have difficulty lifting my arms. What if you dont have arms at all for example.

I am still having trouble with a couple things on the website. The biggest being making dining reservations:

I have been getting the following error when trying to make a dining reservation since last week. I get through to the very end and then I get the following message. I have tried it from two different PCs, a tablet and a Macbook Pro all with the same message. I have tried early in the morning, late at night and everything in between. There is absolutely no time in my day to call and hold for 2+ hours. Beyond frustrating.

disney dining by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

A less important issue is that I would like to add my email address to get disney communications but I get the following message:(As a note I delibrately took my full email address(the part after the @) out of the picture for privacy purposes but I assure you the whole thing was in there before I got the message.

disney email by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

OK- I got my resort and dining reservations in. Everyone has a suitable character assigned. But how do I access FP+? Our trip is in less than 60 days (arrive March 3) and I don't want to miss out on good attraction times. Is it available yet? How do I get it? Do I have to buy tickets from disney? Or can I buy tickets anywhere and just add them to my reservation? How will I know when FP+ goes live? This is so confusing.

Any help is very much appreciated. I'm usually a lurker so please don't be too hard on me.

Emily:flower3:

OK- I got my resort and dining reservations in. Everyone has a suitable character assigned. But how do I access FP+? Our trip is in less than 60 days (arrive March 3) and I don't want to miss out on good attraction times. Is it available yet? How do I get it? Do I have to buy tickets from disney? Or can I buy tickets anywhere and just add them to my reservation? How will I know when FP+ goes live? This is so confusing.

Any help is very much appreciated. I'm usually a lurker so please don't be too hard on me.

Emily:flower3:

Nothing is known for sure yet... but...

It appears that it will depend on where you are staying. The rumor is that FP+ will first be available at one or two resorts in the begining (maybe as soon as next month is the rumor). You won't be able to use FP+ until it is rolled out at your resort. In that case you will still be able to use the old FP system.

Just an FYI, I finally had time to call their Internet Help Desk. The CM reports that a LOT of people are having problems linking their reservations still.

I'm off to call Member Services to see if they can drop the apostrophe off my name...

They really need to do alot more work on this site and app!
It's horrible!

The biggest thing that frustrates me is that every time I pull it up..... First I have to sign in all over again.
Then it takes me to today's date and I have to keep scrolling to get to May.
I don't know why they cant give you an option to click right on the date of your first day you have plans.... which would be your first day of your reservation.

Now.... it isn't showing my resort reservation!! :badpc:
It was there 2 days ago!!! Where'd it go???

I know Disney can afford better technical help!!! This is crazy!!!
Now it keeps telling me that my phone number doesn't match my reservation!! STUPID THING!!!!

They really need to do alot more work on this site and app!
It's horrible!

The biggest thing that frustrates me is that every time I pull it up..... First I have to sign in all over again.
Then it takes me to today's date and I have to keep scrolling to get to May.
I don't know why they cant give you an option to click right on the date of your first day you have plans.... which would be your first day of your reservation.

Now.... it isn't showing my resort reservation!! :badpc:
It was there 2 days ago!!! Where'd it go???

I know Disney can afford better technical help!!! This is crazy!!!

In case you didn't find it yet... if you click/tap on today's date (not the little arrow next to it - which takes you to the next day), then you can bring up a calendar and select your date that way. I agree it would be nice if it defaulted to the first day of your reservation.

I'm not sure when this became available, but...

On the website, it looks like you can go into your profile and edit it to add "affiliations" including an AP. It asks for the barcode number on the AP ticket. I don't know if that is the same as adding/linking/virtualizing your tickets for the purposes of using FP+ or any other MyMagic+ feature.

I don't see this as an option of the rest of my family for whom I've created profiles but not actual accounts.

I'm not an AP holder, but I am a DVC member, and my DVC ID was automatically listed as an affiliation there.

I'm not sure when this became available, but...

On the website, it looks like you can go into your profile and edit it to add "affiliations" including an AP. It asks for the barcode number on the AP ticket. I don't know if that is the same as adding/linking/virtualizing your tickets for the purposes of using FP+ or any other MyMagic+ feature.

I don't see this as an option of the rest of my family for whom I've created profiles but not actual accounts.

I'm not an AP holder, but I am a DVC member, and my DVC ID was automatically listed as an affiliation there.

I've already got an AP voucher associated with my account, so it shows there as well (with an expiration of 2030 :) ), but the edit function doesn't allow me to change or add to it now.

I've already got an AP voucher associated with my account, so it shows there as well (with an expiration of 2030 :) ), but the edit function doesn't allow me to change or add to it now.

Interesting. Do you have friends and family profiles set up? Do they have AP information associated with them?

Interesting. Do you have friends and family profiles set up? Do they have AP information associated with them?

It imported my family from a prior reservation as friends. None of them have AP info associated with them, since I have not entered them for anyone else (I added mine to get access to the passholder web site), nor do I have a way to add them to the friend profiles.

They are not associated with any other actual accounts at this time either.

I don't think the "Affiliation" section is meant to be part of the ticket info yet, but rather provide a central profile for entitlements in accessing other sites, like DVC and the Passholder sites.

When I woke up this morning, the app on my iPhone needed updating and now is working better. I was able for the first time enter all my adr's and have them ACTUALLY appear in my reservation. When I first entered my password, my resort ressie showed up but with a different reservation # which is very strange. It's not the only resort only # that I cancelled or the new one with dining on it. So I'm going to wait it out because I know I saw it with the right # y'day on the website. (which today I can't see at all :confused:) So there is HOPE that it will all smooth out, hopefully before everyone's trip!

....and I should add, they are all showing in the "My Plans" section on the appropriate day.:)

In case you didn't find it yet... if you click/tap on today's date (not the little arrow next to it - which takes you to the next day), then you can bring up a calendar and select your date that way. I agree it would be nice if it defaulted to the first day of your reservation.

Thanks, I already knew that....It takes you to a calendar for that month, but you still have to keep scrolling to the next month, then next month, and so on till you get to the month you need.
And as slow as it's been...... :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter