Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

Great thread! I'm trying to nagivate this app right now and got a "Sorry We've run into an unexpected error. Please try again later." message. Coincidentally, I was having trouble getting my hotel reservations to link and was on my laptop at the Disney website at the same time trying to figure out what the problem was. I pulled up my reservations on my laptop and when I clicked for more info, it just kept spinning. I thought maybe I didn't have the right phone number to put in for the reservation on the app and could get it from the Disney website, but that's not going to work right now. Hoping it's just a glitch with their system altogether.

It was fun in the meantime! All of my ADRs populated automatically which was great! I was in the process of trying to add parade info for our MK day when I started getting the above message. Hope to be able to work on this again sometime today and get my hotel reservations added!

I am Canadian and can see it on the regular disney website. I was able to link my resort/pkg but each time I do a dining reservation, it confirms it but then it is missing from the main page. I entered all 9 of my adr's and none show up after I confirm each one individually. I know they are there but they don't show up on that main reservation page!!!!

Spoke to soon ... got kicked out of the site, tried going back in and now I only see the old website!

I didn't even notice that the room reservations weren't showing up on the app. I have the apple version. I'd certainly like to have them there for when I'm checking in at the desk.

Here's a hint I found. I had trouble adding a reservation for Mama Melroses fantasmic dining package on the iphone app. I had no problems adding all my other reservations. I had already added fantasmic so I deleted it. Then I tried adding mama melroses again and it worked. I then added fantasmic back.

I am part of a big family group going. There are a mix of iphones and androids phones. I set up a profile for everyone in my group and sent out the invites. I set up my profiles as family so they can view all my activities. I set up everyone under their applicable dining reservations. Does anyone know if the other members of my group will be able to see everyone else? Or do they need to set up profiles for everyone else?

Right now, it appears that you cannot link a reservation if the name on the reservation contains an apostrophe, as the new site considers apostrophes an illegal character.

I'll be discussing it with tech support at some point when I have the time.

I've had minor trouble trying to add in my own reservations on the app, but as they're not linked to a room reservation (our first time off-site, ever! :-( ), I don't know if it's just having trouble pulling them up. When I did link them individually, by using each confirmation number and my cell phone number, about half of them realized that they were *my* reservations, and the other half told me I couldn't add them because they belonged to that other person who shares my name! LOL

Either way, I've found that by powering through those little difficulties - adding them one at a time, whether or not they say I can - that I have all of mine on the mobile app now. The website still won't have them all show up all of the time, but as I'm using the app in the park and not my computer, that matters less to me!

I have been trying to add one of my dining reservations to my itinerary. I go through the process and it seems to "accept" but after i refresh I still don't see the reservation.

Any Help??

I've run into an irritating problem. My resort and dining reservations do all show up on the new site. When I linked my resort reservation, it asked me to create profiles for all of my family, which I did, and it shows my family as 2 adults, 3 children, and 1 infant (which is correct for the resort ressie).

However, I prepaid for a CRT ADR on the old website. I was able to link that reservation, and it does show up on the new site. However, because my oldest DS is 14, I paid for him as an adult at CRT, so it lists my party as 3 adults, 2 children, and 1 infant (which is correct for CRT).

The problem is that it won't let me add all my family members to my dining party at CRT, because of the discrepancy in the adult/child numbers on my profiles vs CRT ressie. Probably not a big deal, as long as my CRT reservation still has my name on it and lists 6 guests will be dining.

However, it makes me wonder if I'll run into a similar problem if and when I need to make FP+ selections for our trip in May. My son is listed as a child on the resort ressie and on his profile, but he'll have an adult ticket.

Don't know if that makes sense, it's hard to explain. I'm probably WAY over thinking it LOL! I just don't want any surprises down the road if the day comes that everyone is trying to reserve FP+ all at the same time!! :scared1:

I have successfully added our DVC plan for 9 people; however I could not match up my oldest son that I had already created in the profile and had to create a "new" profile for him so we now have him listed twice. I suspect it has something to do with his age (one age at the time of reservation and a different age at the time of travel -- funny how that happens!).

I have also successfully added a pre-DVC four night stay for a subset of our party at AoA without any problems (including the age issue).

We are to early for dining reservations right now.

Does anyone know if the app is available for BlackBerry Playbook? I've been looking and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!!

Also, I can see my resort ressie on the new web site, but it does not show anything about the MYW package that I booked, only shows the check in/out dates for the resort. I keep checking my email confirmation to make sure I actually booked a package and not room only! Annoying...

Would be nice if I could see the remaining balance and payments that I've made. Hopefully they're working on that.

I have seen several reports that Canadians are unable to see this section of the web site (yet?), or NEVER?

Anyone outside of the US experiencing the inability to see the My Disney Experience on the web site?

I'm in the UK and can't see it! I've tried to google it and also used a link from the Dis but it just takes me to the UK site.

Does anyone know if the app is available for BlackBerry Playbook? I've been looking and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!!

The MDE website has "Get the Mobile App" links for Apple iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon Apps. No sign of Blackberry there.

The MDE website has "Get the Mobile App" links for Apple iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon Apps. No sign of Blackberry there.

Thanks! I got this Playbook as a gift, so I hate to be a whiner ;) but all the apps that are released NEVER include Blackberry and it's so frustrating!

They really need to work on the profile character pictures available. They have the main Mickey/Minnie/Goofy/etc. characters. They have most of the Princesses, but not Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel (this is shocking to me). Strangely, there are the Incredibles (good for some families I guess), and the guys from Up, and Wall-E, and a few others. There's Buzz, but no Woody or Jessie, etc. None of the princes. Really missing a ton of other classic characters, too.

My resort reservation was finally able to load on the website (no reference on App). I've updated the MDE App to the latest version. I'm noticing like others that the App and the new site do not go hand in hand. I can see all of my reservation on the new site under My Reservations (in order/with the resort check-in and check-out already input), but on App I can only see my info day by day. Also, on the App I can add parade times, notes, fireworks, dining reservations. I haven't had any luck with this on the website. Also, I can't add reservations like BBB and the Tea Party but they have reservation #'s. Lastly, I'm seeing posts regarding FP+. I've been looking for this. Is this on the website. Where? My Reservations? :confused3

I got the my disney experience app on my ipad and trying to link my reservation but it wants a telephone number with the reservation number and I have tried all different formats of my number and it still says 'the reservation and telephone numbers' do not match. Anybody else have this issue?

I got the my disney experience app on my ipad and trying to link my reservation but it wants a telephone number with the reservation number and I have tried all different formats of my number and it still says 'the reservation and telephone numbers' do not match. Anybody else have this issue?

I got that exact response when I tried to add the "wrong" kind of reservation. I finally noticed that their heading said "add a dining reservation," and I was trying to add my room ressie. :o Figured out where/how to add my room ressie, and the phone number went through smooth as silk.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts