Menu Change at Storybook Dining already?

The Mushroom Bisque was delicious. My DD hates mushrooms, so I got to enjoy hers too!

The Hunter's Terrine was odd. I don't know, but neither one of us cared much for it.

I was disappointed that our server did not speak to us at all before bringing the appetizers because neither one of us likes shrimp, so that was a waste.

As far as the Miner's Treasures, it was the only dessert that I really liked. The apples were way too..something. We didn't finish ours. And the pie needed whipped cream or something--it was a little bland (the meringue was way overbaked). I will admit that I'm not someone who loves pie. But I think maybe ours was just too done and that's why we didn't enjoy it. DD loves pie normally.

The popcorn was good.

The gnocchi was AMAZING.

Last edited:
Can someone explain the gnocchi dish a little? I love gnocchi at Italian restaurants and have had them with red sauces and garlic butter sauces, but this sounds like a cheese sauce? I am not a fan of mac n cheese, so do you think this dish would be a no-go for me?

Can someone explain the gnocchi dish a little? I love gnocchi at Italian restaurants and have had them with red sauces and garlic butter sauces, but this sounds like a cheese sauce? I am not a fan of mac n cheese, so do you think this dish would be a no-go for me?

I wouldn't describe it as being like mac & cheese at all. It does have a creamy sauce and it does have parmesan on top of it. But it is not at all similar. If you like pastas with creamy white sauce (not alfredo), you will enjoy it.

If you do a web search, you can find reviews about it. Those reviews may help you get a better picture.

I was there last Monday with the new menu. The mushroom bisque was cold. And the terrine was not good (very salty) and served with stale/moist crackers. Bad choice.

Also for prime rib lovers, they cook it a day in advance and then reheat it the day of, so the least cooked you can get is medium rare. Just in case that matters to you.

The berry panna cotta is that strawberry? My husband is very allergic to strawberries. If it is I will note it on our reservation. He normally asks me not to as he hates have a fuss made over him.

The berry panna cotta is that strawberry? My husband is very allergic to strawberries. If it is I will note it on our reservation. He normally asks me not to as he hates have a fuss made over him.
:faint:Peshaw! Very allergic means it gets noted, fuss being made be darned.
He has no idea what else is being prepared around his food and he better let them know if he is very allergic to something.
Disney uses a lot of shared prep areas.
He's playing russian roulette to not let them know about a food allergy.
Silly, silly man!

:faint:Peshaw! Very allergic means it gets noted, fuss being made be darned.
He has no idea what else is being prepared around his food and he better let them know if he is very allergic to something.
Disney uses a lot of shared prep areas.
He's playing russian roulette to not let them know about a food allergy.
Silly, silly man!

It's not a life threatening allergy. His lip swells up - a lot and is very uncomfortable. Usually if he thinks there may be strawberry in something he just doesn't eat it. It's not like a nut allergy where some can not even be in the same room with nuts.

So - do you actually have an answer to my question?

After dining at Artist Point last week, I'll leave a few comments. The setting is lovely. They really did a nice job with the enchanted forest feel. We enjoyed the food, although a tweek here and there could improve it. My husband has a milk allergy, so the server brought him his own plate of appetizers and desserts, in addition to what was on the table, so the there was one extra appetizer item and dessert for the rest of us. My 10 year old was charged an adult price, but was allowed to order from the children's menu. I thought her appetizer plate was delightful! Fresh vegetables, served in a flower pot, with sauce for dipping, a tiny bread, baked in a flower pot and little container to shake and make fresh butter. My older daughter had a the seafood dish, and it was excellent! My husband and I both had the pork shank, and I'd order it again. A bite of each dessert was enough, and the gooseberry pie tasted exactly like apple. I happened to have a small baggie in my purse, so I took the chocolate hearts home, and enjoyed them the next day. We were on the meal plan, so everyone got a special drink. The apple martinis were good, but very small. I think I'd just order a regular bar cocktail next time. The kids got the color change drink and the cotton candy drink. They were so sweet and odd tasting, that after a first sip, they went back to drinking from their refillable mugs. My youngest did eat the entire candy stirrer, however. That wasn't too sweet! All in all, an experience that I would highly recommend!

After dining at Artist Point last week, I'll leave a few comments. The setting is lovely. They really did a nice job with the enchanted forest feel. We enjoyed the food, although a tweek here and there could improve it. My husband has a milk allergy, so the server brought him his own plate of appetizers and desserts, in addition to what was on the table, so the there was one extra appetizer item and dessert for the rest of us. My 10 year old was charged an adult price, but was allowed to order from the children's menu. I thought her appetizer plate was delightful! Fresh vegetables, served in a flower pot, with sauce for dipping, a tiny bread, baked in a flower pot and little container to shake and make fresh butter. My older daughter had a the seafood dish, and it was excellent! My husband and I both had the pork shank, and I'd order it again. A bite of each dessert was enough, and the gooseberry pie tasted exactly like apple. I happened to have a small baggie in my purse, so I took the chocolate hearts home, and enjoyed them the next day. We were on the meal plan, so everyone got a special drink. The apple martinis were good, but very small. I think I'd just order a regular bar cocktail next time. The kids got the color change drink and the cotton candy drink. They were so sweet and odd tasting, that after a first sip, they went back to drinking from their refillable mugs. My youngest did eat the entire candy stirrer, however. That wasn't too sweet! All in all, an experience that I would highly recommend!

We have reservations there this summer and will also be on the dining plan. I knew drinks were included, but I wasn't sure about the non-alcoholic specialty drinks. Do those include refills? Also how was the portion size for your 10 year old? My 11 year old daughter may also want to order off the kid's menu. She's not a huge eater, but I don't want her to feel like she's just eating a snack.

Yes, the dining plan will allow your daughters to order Non-alcoholic specialty drinks. They were served in tall glasses, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't include refills. Bring your refillable mugs, and you'll be able to fill them easily while you wait for your table. Next to the restaurant, there is a ramp that leads to the counter service restaurant. Fill your cups with soda or ice-tea there, and bring them to the table in the restaurant. That way they can have a regular drink too.

The items on the kids menu were just a smaller portion of the adult items. My daughter ordered prime rib, and it's a thinner slice of meat, but covered half of her plate, plus 5 medium sized potatoes and several stalks of broccolini. Since you're paying for an adult, she can always order the full adult meal. And for those who don't like anything on the menu, they can get chicken nuggets.

Yes, the dining plan will allow your daughters to order Non-alcoholic specialty drinks. They were served in tall glasses, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't include refills. Bring your refillable mugs, and you'll be able to fill them easily while you wait for your table. Next to the restaurant, there is a ramp that leads to the counter service restaurant. Fill your cups with soda or ice-tea there, and bring them to the table in the restaurant. That way they can have a regular drink too.

The items on the kids menu were just a smaller portion of the adult items. My daughter ordered prime rib, and it's a thinner slice of meat, but covered half of her plate, plus 5 medium sized potatoes and several stalks of broccolini. Since you're paying for an adult, she can always order the full adult meal. And for those who don't like anything on the menu, they can get chicken nuggets.

Thank you for all the information. It is very helpful!!!

What are some of the appetizer substitutions? I am going in June with my 2 toddlers and my dad. I know none of use will eat the shrimp cocktail or the mushroom soup. I read the kids get a veggie plate with a small bread and jar to make butter. Is this still the case? Will they bring those for the adults too of requests instead of the shrimp and mushroom options?

We ate here Christmas week and thought the food was great. I loved the veal. I was a bit apprehensive about the changes but after reading the reviews on here I’m happy we will enjoy it again in the summer. Might try the pork next time.

Going for the first time in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to the mushroom bisque. I would not have enjoyed the squash. Quick question...is there a dress code for this restaurant?

May I ask what they brought him for the apps and desserts that were dairy free? My daughter has a milk allergy also, and we are dining there later this month.

May I ask what they brought him for the apps and desserts that were dairy free? My daughter has a milk allergy also, and we are dining there later this month.
My husband is not available right now, so I'm looking at the picture I snapped. He received one shrimp on a bed of greens, and a broth based soup. There is also a little something on the side of the soup, but I'm not sure if it's something or just garnish. I think I would ask for 2 shrimp since everyone else got 3 items. For dessert (your next question, right?) he had the gooseberry pie with no topping (I swear the gooseberry is just apple pie filling), a small chocolate item (maybe a brownie?), and there was a 3rd item that appeared to be white on top - like meringue. For dinner, he had the pork shank with regular mashed potatoes (not the horseradish mashed potatoes.) He was very happy with his meal.

My husband is not available right now, so I'm looking at the picture I snapped. He received one shrimp on a bed of greens, and a broth based soup. There is also a little something on the side of the soup, but I'm not sure if it's something or just garnish. I think I would ask for 2 shrimp since everyone else got 3 items. For dessert (your next question, right?) he had the gooseberry pie with no topping (I swear the gooseberry is just apple pie filling), a small chocolate item (maybe a brownie?), and there was a 3rd item that appeared to be white on top - like meringue. For dinner, he had the pork shank with regular mashed potatoes (not the horseradish mashed potatoes.) He was very happy with his meal.

Thank you!!

We were just there Thursday night for the first time. The apps were mushroom soup ( yumm) for all 6, shrimp in a jar only 1 large shrimp for each person, and a chicken sausage, cracker, fruit jam plate. Nice , different flavors to start meal.
4 true adults- prime rib, pork shank,and seafood stew, 2 Disney adults- roasted chicken, kids liked. Were not crazy about side dish. The seafood stew was more like a different take on jambalaya. Shrimp, mussels, small scallops in red sauce with rice. Delicious. Dessert was gooseberry pie. Aka apple crisp like flavor. Sweet red apple with cream cheese like filling and miners ?? Crushed choc cookies, yummy filling and candy pieces. Atmosphere was terrific. Much quieter than other character meals. Any other ??

We will be going to Story Book Dining on June 15th for my birthday dinner. So I have a few questions. Did the prime rib and carrots have a smoked flavor? Also did the pork shank have a smoked flavor or roasted? I don’t care for anything smoked. So I was wondering if I need to choose a different entree. Both my brothers-in-law and nieces and nephew don’t like mushrooms, but from what I’ve read they can ask for a substitution. We made our ADR through the My Disney Experience app and didn’t see anywhere to put any celebration notes or food allergies and requests. So I guess we’ll just have to tell them when we check in for our reservation. I’m a huge Snow White fan and I’m really looking forward to this experience! Thanks for any more info you can give me!

SnowWhite79

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!