Menu Change at Storybook Dining already?

I heard such good things about the squash soup that I actually was going to try it.... Can't do mushroom but.... we're not there until Sept so who knows what it will be by then. Any idea, how long this change will last and when the next one would be? Is it like a Spring, Summer, Fall etc?

Well, I'm not a fan of any of the appetizers now which is really disappointing. I loved 2 of the 3 originals. But I'm not going again until August so I'm hoping for another seasonal change by then.

That squash soup was such an amazing treat! I'd go back for only that. Everything else made me miss Artist Point.

I just recently cancelled our reservation and I feel better about it now. It's hard to justify over $300 for dinner for 4 when we don't love the menu. None of us would eat the mushroom soup and my husband would have eaten the veal but he doesn't eat pork. So, Skipper Canteen will be better for us. I was really looking forward to the experience, but when you're paying Disney prices for food, you should at least have something to look forward to on the menu.

Kingklip???? (last entree on the menu posted above)

I had to fire up the Google machine for this one. Apparently it is a sweet tasting fish also known as cusk eel or brotula and is fairly popular in South Africa. It's also considered to be sustainable.

I bet the restaurant would have a hard time offering it as cusk eel!

Wonder what the odds are that they change it again by August. I'm not sure anyone in my family (other than me!) would enjoy it.

Wonder what the odds are that they change it again by August. I'm not sure anyone in my family (other than me!) would enjoy it.

Just curious about how you think they should change it? They have beef, pork, chicken, mixed seafood, fish, and a vegetarian entree. The individual preparations will probably change on a seasonal basis, as will the appetizers.

I think it is great to have a character dining experience that is more chef-driven and not dumbed down.

I'm happy with the Prime Rib.... who knows what the options will be by Sept. We are keeping our reservations and looking forward to the experience

Does anyone know if they still offer chicken tenders for kids? On the past menu it said it in small print that they were available, but I don't see that now... and we go in a couple weeks. My daughter won't eat any of the kid choices (she's an impossible 3 year old).

I *JUST* snagged a reservation for this Easter weekend, as I'm late to the game and was looking for something fun to do during a NO Disney park trip where we are staying at Saratoga Springs. I actually like the idea of the mushroom soup much better. I'm also hoping that, even though my kids are "adults", we can switch out some of the apps for "kid" apps for them since they are picky. I haven't told my family at all about this fun little meal surprise.

I'm also hoping that, even though my kids are "adults", we can switch out some of the apps for "kid" apps for them since they are picky. I haven't told my family at all about this fun little meal surprise.
There are also vegetarian appetizers for adults that could be swapped out, in addition to substituting the kids apps.

Does anyone know if they still offer chicken tenders for kids? On the past menu it said it in small print that they were available, but I don't see that now... and we go in a couple weeks. My daughter won't eat any of the kid choices (she's an impossible 3 year old).
I sure hope they still do. I have a 8 year old who won't eat anything but chicken!

We were just there Thursday night for the first time. The apps were mushroom soup ( yumm) for all 6, shrimp in a jar only 1 large shrimp for each person, and a chicken sausage, cracker, fruit jam plate. Nice , different flavors to start meal.
4 true adults- prime rib, pork shank,and seafood stew, 2 Disney adults- roasted chicken, kids liked. Were not crazy about side dish. The seafood stew was more like a different take on jambalaya. Shrimp, mussels, small scallops in red sauce with rice. Delicious. Dessert was gooseberry pie. Aka apple crisp like flavor. Sweet red apple with cream cheese like filling and miners ?? Crushed choc cookies, yummy filling and candy pieces. Atmosphere was terrific. Much quieter than other character meals. Any other ??

Well, this was unexpected. We have never tried this experience and I promised DD12 something special for her birthday, so I did all kinds of searching and rearranging of plans to get Storybook for her special surprise. I'm not pleased with the changes, but I also just realized that the appetizers and desserts are shared, so you get one of each to share? The one appetizer and one dessert I thought we would both like just got taken off the menu. I'm not sure this is a good fit for us anymore. Back to the drawing board to find a surprise for her. Thank you for sharing this information.

I'm super happy that it's going to vary seasonally. It's one of the rare character meals that isn't a horrid buffet and it's my favorite characters. Different menus will mean it's going to be even more likely we'll go back on each trip. I want to make sure we get to try each menu.

We were just there Thursday night for the first time. The apps were mushroom soup ( yumm) for all 6, shrimp in a jar only 1 large shrimp for each person, and a chicken sausage, cracker, fruit jam plate. Nice , different flavors to start meal.
4 true adults- prime rib, pork shank,and seafood stew, 2 Disney adults- roasted chicken, kids liked. Were not crazy about side dish. The seafood stew was more like a different take on jambalaya. Shrimp, mussels, small scallops in red sauce with rice. Delicious. Dessert was gooseberry pie. Aka apple crisp like flavor. Sweet red apple with cream cheese like filling and miners ?? Crushed choc cookies, yummy filling and candy pieces. Atmosphere was terrific. Much quieter than other character meals. Any other ??

Sounds great...now I'm really looking forward to this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter