LuLaRoe and Disney?

So , let me get this straight, they punish their sales consultants by forcing them to buy already hard to move merchandise with low demand in the hopes that the consultant will get one or two pieces with higher demand?

Someone needs to explain that to me because this sounds like the worst pyramid scheme ever

I am a consultant.
Not a pyramid scheme, pyramid schemes don't involve selling product.
I have never nor do I know of anyone on my team who has received any returned merchandise from other consultants when they have ordered.
I'm thankful to work for a company that will allow me to send back my merchandise if I want to go out of business.

As said earlier
To each their own.

I am a consultant.
I have never nor do I know of anyone on my team who has received any returned merchandise from other consultants when they have ordered.
I'm thankful to work for a company that will allow me to send back my merchandise if I want to go out of business.

As said earlier
To each their own.

let me ask this, do you get incentive to recruit other people to sell? If they join, do they join as part of "your team" and do you get incentive when they sell something out of their inventory that they paid for?

I am a consultant.

As said earlier
To each their own.

I completely agree with you, to each their own. I'm not posting in an attempt to knock another person's hustle (no sarcasm there)...but with that being said, I can't NOT post:

I completely agree with you, to each their own. I'm not posting in an attempt to knock another person's hustle (no sarcasm there)...but with that being said, I can't NOT post:

Can't see the video, need a summary.

I'm not knocking anything. I have no idea what this is and I feel kind of on the defensive with the response I got.

Can't see the video, need a summary.

I'm not knocking anything. I have no idea what this is and I feel kind of on the defensive with the response I got.

It's a scene from The Office:
Michael: So, Phil recruited me to sell these cards, and now I am recruiting you.
Oscar: Who is this guy again?
Michael: Don't worry about Phil. He drives a corvette. He is doing just fine. Okay. Calling cards are... the wave of the future. These things sell themselves.
Ryan: Who uses calling cards anymore?
Michael: You know what? That's a nice attitude, Ryan, I'm just helping you invest in your future, my friend.
Oscar: This sounds like a get rich quick scheme.
Michael: Yes! Thank you! You will get rich quick. We all will!
Toby: Didn't you lose a lot of money on that other investment, the one from the email?
Michael: You know what, Toby? When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country, okay? ...Alright, so, raise your hand if you wanna get rich. [Jim and Dwight raise their hands] Alright.
Jim: No, um. How is this not a pyramid scheme?
Michael: Alright, let me explain. Again. [draws on board] Phil has recruited me and another guy. Now, we are getting three people each. The more people that get involved, the more who are investing, the more money we're all going to make. It's not a pyramid scheme, it is a... it's not even a scheme per se, it's... [Jim draws a triangle around Michael's diagram] ... I have to go make a call.

I guess that's my question. Is this more of an Amway thing or a Mary Kay thing? Or are those both the same kind of thing? I don't even know.

There's fantastic piece done by John Oliver's show, and whether you agree with his politics or not, it was a well done story that nailed a lot of these issues in regards to these companies. The link is here,
People should please watch this before thinking of getting involved. It can cause more harm than good, especially if you barely have the initial money to start up.

So , let me get this straight, they punish their sales consultants by forcing them to buy already hard to move merchandise with low demand in the hopes that the consultant will get one or two pieces with higher demand?

Someone needs to explain that to me because this sounds like the worst pyramid scheme ever

It's really not a pyramid scheme. That is something completely different where you pay off the old investors with new investor money. It's simply a crappy business model that is going to hang their salespeople quite badly at some point. But right now, there are so many fanatics that love the... stuff... that they just keep getting more and more people shilling it on Facebook. Plus, a lot of the sales reps start playing the same game. They have 2 groups of customers. A preferred group that gets first shot at anything in the box that is in demand, and then a different group with anyone that they can persuade to watch them try and sell the stuff no one wants. To get in the preferred group you need to be good friends with the sales person, or a solid buyer of the "Less in demand" stuff first. It's actually somewhat comical to watch these women that really want the stuff scurrying around trying to be nice to people they don't like to get in the preferred groups.

I kinda feel like people think I want to get involved in this and I don't.

But I've already gotten one snarky answer by a consultant already (or at least feel that way) because I asked about the business model and the answer included stuff I didn't even say.

Clearly, I don't buy the product, nor do I feel I have any desire to buy the product. I don't mock the way people make money so that's not the motive behind my questions. I was generally trying to figure out why, if what I am hearing is true, that a business would essentially make their product hard to sell or limit their "consultants" in the product in which they can sell. Makes no sense to me.

I can't watch videos on the work network so I will have to watch it when I get home.

To get in the preferred group you need to be good friends with the sales person, or a solid buyer of the "Less in demand" stuff first.

hmmm, that has not been my experience. I've been in a couple of "vip" groups and I'm not a "solid buyer". I suspect as with anything there are people out there who are nice, and those who want to turn it into not so nice situation.

I guess that proves that anyone can buy a license from Disney :confused3
First off I will say I am a fan of some of the LLR clothes. I love their skirts...they are comfy yet flattering, and I'm a normal size gal. I do like some of their leggings. I like what most consider the "unicorn prints". I have boys so I have ninjas and mustaches and dinosaurs bc my boys like them. I also have several "Disney inspired" prints...crowns, castles, fairies, Spaceship Earth, nesting dolls (IASW), lanterns (Tangled), foxes (Nick Wilde). But I also think they are mostly overpriced and I buy some of my leggings at Walmart for $7. I state all this just for extra info purposes...lol.

Anyway, I honestly think because the consultants sell a lot of the "unicorn prints" as Disney inspired and it is proven that there is a huge market for them, Disney figured they might as well make a cut of it. And it's definitely a good move for LLR to get involved with Disney. Win-win for both sides, theoretically speaking, anyway.

The funny (or sad) thing is that the consultants (now over 70k) don't realize that they are actually the customers....... Honestly LLR is genius--- getting people to buy all of your stock regardless of what it looks like and then have to follow your strict guidelines on how they get rid of it and what they can charge.....It's amazing really... The few early members are making a killing, but not off of the end user..... off of the "consultants"....

I am a consultant.

As said earlier
To each their own.

You are lucky then. Several boxes at one time that all were prints from over a year ago that were impossible to sell then......(to a personal friend)
She cried when she opened them. Had just gotten rid of the last she had of the same crap.

What do you think LLR does with the returned stuff? Throw it away?

And they used to make everyone pay to send it back and restocking fee.... I guess they just stopped that...

And " don't necessarily try to build your direct line, but help your unders to develop their lines....... ????? pyramid.......

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter