LuLaRoe and Disney?

I'm not sure about any of the women on the boards but my DW is obsessed with Lu La Roe leggings and she tried to empty my bank account on this stuff, now I may support her addiction.

The video in the above link has some of the prints - thoughts?

A lot of those are cute, but the business itself is what puts me off from actually buying these. Not to mention the price.

The funny (or sad) thing is that the consultants (now over 70k) don't realize that they are actually the customers....... Honestly LLR is genius--- getting people to buy all of your stock regardless of what it looks like and then have to follow your strict guidelines on how they get rid of it and what they can charge.....It's amazing really... The few early members are making a killing, but not off of the end user..... off of the "consultants"....

And like any other MLM the consultants should have a good understanding on how the business works. From what I understand to become a LLR consultant there is a pretty hefty up front cost for initial inventory purchase. If you are putting up that kind of money you really need to do your research to know what you are getting yourself into.

let me ask this, do you get incentive to recruit other people to sell? If they join, do they join as part of "your team" and do you get incentive when they sell something out of their inventory that they paid for?
yes, no and no

let me ask this, do you get incentive to recruit other people to sell? If they join, do they join as part of "your team" and do you get incentive when they sell something out of their inventory that they paid for?
1 yes.
2 yes they call them your babies.
3 you get a percentage of what they purchase from LLR-- not what they sell.

The top tier consultants in this company have trees that branch to 70,000 plus consultants, who each are required to purchase 175 pieces per month to get their bonuses-- (leggings are 2 per unit).

I guess so. Now I'm reading the Lula Bloopers facebook page - hahahahahahaha - sorry I don't care how soft they are, the are also hideous (IMO).
I agree. And they're still not pants. I am getting really tired of seeing people's underwear. Some of their dresses are okay, but I still hate the sales model.

I didn't know what this was so I googled it. The opening paragraph on their website included this gem "Literally every store out there sells them now! And no duh because hello!".

That was as far as I got. On principle, I had to stop. Ugh, I hope I don't get tons of ads for these now since I've googled it.

I didn't know what this was so I googled it. The opening paragraph on their website included this gem "Literally every store out there sells them now! And no duh because hello!".

That was as far as I got. On principle, I had to stop. Ugh, I hope I don't get tons of ads for these now since I've googled it.
They aren't sold in stores so I'm not sure what you were looking at.

They aren't sold in stores so I'm not sure what you were looking at.

It is a quote taken from the leggings page on the website. It's talking about how all the stores now sell leggings.

http://www.lularoe.com/adult-leggings/

"We know you have more than enough places to shop at for a good pair of unique Leggings. Literally every store out there sells them now! And no duh because hello! They’re amazing. I love them, you love them, we all love our super soft Leggings. But, and we mean a great big BUT we’re not here to just be another shop. Our adult Leggings are ultra stretchy and super soft. And not just super soft, but buttery, velvety, deliciously soft."

I just can't stand language like the 'And no duh because hello!'. So that immediately put me off investigating any further.

It is a quote taken from the leggings page on the website. It's talking about how all the stores now sell leggings.

http://www.lularoe.com/adult-leggings/

"We know you have more than enough places to shop at for a good pair of unique Leggings. Literally every store out there sells them now! And no duh because hello! They’re amazing. I love them, you love them, we all love our super soft Leggings. But, and we mean a great big BUT we’re not here to just be another shop. Our adult Leggings are ultra stretchy and super soft. And not just super soft, but buttery, velvety, deliciously soft."

I just can't stand language like the 'And no duh because hello!'. So that immediately put me off investigating any further.
Got it. Didn't understand the context in your original reply.

for anyone who cares-- it seems the if the consultants want to sell any disney products they will be required to purchase between 2 and 5k of product. Sight unseen. Not written in stone yet.....

I'm seeing consultants saying the best way to guarantee you get one is to book a pop up party. saying every party will get 2-3 pieces and insinuating you buy those yourself...

A lot of those are cute, but the business itself is what puts me off from actually buying these. Not to mention the price.
I agree, we've had extensive discussions about the sales model and while it works great for some consultants I think it is very risky and something we'd never do. Most of the clothes are over priced, but the leggings aren't absurd compared to most other leggings - she considers those are the official mommy uniform.

I'm not big into patterns, I mostly buy things that could be described as timeless, and I don't think leggings are pants. So, I'm obviously not the target audience. I did think one pair of the Minnie leggings was cute, but they'd never leave the confines of my house and it sounds like it would be a lot of effort to buy a piece of loungewear, not to mention the price.

That's awful that you just have to buy stock and hope you get something worth selling. Every MLM company I have ever heard of you and your clients can order from a catalog. I don't love MLM, mostly because it often leaves women feeling guilted into buying products they don't need or want. I caved one time. I bought a bracelet because I felt bad that the girl hosting the party wouldn't get a hosting bonus or something. I stopped after that. If I didn't want to buy, I didn't. I avoid going at all now.

My DW is a LLR consultant for about 10 months now and it is not easy. I have seen first hand her struggles and long hours but she is a huge LLR fan and her goal is to help financially while being a stay at home mom. There are certainly some things I wish consultants had better but I'm not gonna bash LLR and I do support DW 100%. She is excited about the Disney line and hoping it helps give her a boost.

I agree, we've had extensive discussions about the sales model and while it works great for some consultants I think it is very risky and something we'd never do. Most of the clothes are over priced, but the leggings aren't absurd compared to most other leggings - she considers those are the official mommy uniform.
Not this mom. I don't own leggings because I just don't find them flattering or comfortable. I have one pair of yoga pants that is slightly fitted, but are wear at home only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter