• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Land Border Opening?

I wonder if requiring proof of vaccination is a sticking point.
I think it’s very little Canadians having had their second dose of vaccine. We let American tourists in, possibly variants and boom. It all goes back to our vaccine rollout.
Until we are vaccinated with 2 doses I don’t see much else changing.
I feel for people (like teachers) that only get summers off to travel ...
But I’m hearing from a few now that they will fly to the US in August if they get both doses by then.
I think we’ll do the same unless something changes.

I think it’s very little Canadians having had their second dose of vaccine. We let American tourists in, possibly variants and boom. It all goes back to our vaccine rollout.
Until we are vaccinated with 2 doses I don’t see much else changing.
I feel for people (like teachers) that only get summers off to travel ...
But I’m hearing from a few now that they will fly to the US in August if they get both doses by then.
I think we’ll do the same unless something changes.
My wife and her best friend are both teachers and we have booked a couples trip for Aug 8 - 20. This is the only window that allows 2 weeks following our second dose of vaccine and 2 weeks to quarantine upon return if still required under our Provincial rules. Hopefully some of the rules get relaxed once the 2nd dose numbers increase.

I have tickets for Cedar Point that we bought in late 2019, for the 2020 season, which got extended to this year. So I've pre-emptively booked a hotel in Sandusky for the 2nd last weekend of August in the hopes that by then, land border restrictions will have eased enough to be able to feasibly go.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

The Americans are certainly more optimistic then Canadians... I enjoy reading anything positive even though there is nothing to back the opening of the border by month’s end in this article ;)
Unless we will actually be about 75% vaccinated with first dose then? No idea. Plus I think our PM wants most with 2 doses but we’ll see.
https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/art...K0OrkjD-P0bFMD_wFnNfGL6wckG6bj8Gz_PLGyB1HKLV8

love the comments at the end about being magnetized lol

I’m a Canadian Citizen and a US permanent resident. I live in Ohio and I’m fully vaccinated. I’m currently in Canada visiting my family and it is so different from how things are in Ohio. Everything in Ohio is open and even the mask mandate has been lifted. Ontario is just coming out of a lockdown and most things are still closed. It honestly feels like Ohio felt in April 2020. I went to the grocery store and they still have the arrows on the ground and they were disinfecting the belt between customers. The restaurants are only open for takeout or outside on the patio and all the stores at the mall are closed. I’m not saying that’s a good thing or a bad thing, I’m just noting how different my experience here has been.

I should warn you that they are taking the 14 day quarantine period VERY seriously here. I actually had someone from the health department come and knock on the door and check to make sure I was there on day 8. Also, if you can get a Covid test at the border, do it there and don’t take it to the place you are doing your quarantine. I had to wait 90 minutes for a nurse to do the test online. Much quicker at the border.
Yes, we have been through it several times. Depressing actually. The mind set is so different and fear in the Canadian people. It’s just so different. I still cant believe things are closed up. I won’t be staying long. My wife has to stay a little longer. She’s not looking forward to it.

Yes, we have been through it several times. Depressing actually. The mind set is so different and fear in the Canadian people. It’s just so different. I still cant believe things are closed up. I won’t be staying long. My wife has to stay a little longer. She’s not looking forward to it.

i personally don’t know anyone personally that passed here in Canada. I can’t say that for family and friends in the USA.I’ll
Happily take the so different and I’ll call it awareness and vigilance in keeping the people I know safe.

There is no fear in Canadians. We have been playing much safer here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter