Land Border Opening?

I went over yesterday for just a day trip so I could pick my packages up and it was quick and easy. I crossed at Queenston-Lewiston and going to the US I showed my Nexus card and he asked what I was doing and how long I would be there, nothing about vaccinations. There was 1 other car crossing and a couple in duty free. Coming home I had about a 9 min wait and there were about 15-20 other people crossing over. He asked how long I was gone, my license plate number and if I had a negative PCR test. I sat waiting to show him my ArriveCAN QR but he didn’t ask for it as he said it showed when he scanned my Nexus card. All in all it was nice to cross over again.

I went over yesterday for just a day trip so I could pick my packages up and it was quick and easy. I crossed at Queenston-Lewiston and going to the US I showed my Nexus card and he asked what I was doing and how long I would be there, nothing about vaccinations. There was 1 other car crossing and a couple in duty free. Coming home I had about a 9 min wait and there were about 15-20 other people crossing over. He asked how long I was gone, my license plate number and if I had a negative PCR test. I sat waiting to show him my ArriveCAN QR but he didn’t ask for it as he said it showed when he scanned my Nexus card. All in all it was nice to cross over again.

Can I ask where you got your PCR test and how much did it cost?

So as I sit her in Buffalo airport, just wanted to share my experience…crossed over last night, no wait, was a ghost town, showed our passports and answered all the usually including “are you fully vaccinated?”. Did not need to show proof and away we went. Checking into airport this am was a breeze as always, did not need to show anything but our passport and boarding pass. We did get a Walmart antigen test before we left, just in case as I wasn’t too sure what to expect at the airport!

Thank you for sharing! We'll be doing the same in 2 weeks, hope your trip back goes just as smoothly!

Fingers crosses... if they do away with it first for those out of the country for short trips (vaccinated people I mean, I think they'll still require it for those not vaccinated but perhaps more lenience for children who can't be yet), and then the land border and then (hopefully) flights... maybe by March :) that's my hope...

This snippet from the article gives me optimism:

"...provincial leaders were to discuss halting the COVID-19 test requirements at the border with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during a first ministers’ conference call Tuesday evening. “The consensus is a lot of premiers want to see that,”...... After the conference call, the Prime Minister’s Office confirmed the border testing issue was discussed and said premiers expressed “wide support” for what the government is planning to do. "

I went over on the 11th and had I known they were going to lift the testing for day trips I would’ve waited so I didn’t have to pay $100 for a PCR test. 😞 Good news though I’m going back in a couple weeks because this girl didn’t make it to Olive Garden or Trader Joes 🤣🤣.
I am also thinking a day trip will be happening in the next couple weeks if they drop the testing. So much good food and shopping over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter