Is there any hope for no masks by April 2022 at Disney World?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure when you’ve last been to Disney, but both Disney springs and universal city walk are having an insane time enforcing it. Every other party is relaxing the “rules” that WDW and UOR have in place.
Like I’m watching CMs and Plaids turn their heads away from noses poking out and people wearing gaiters

strange times for these employees.
That's why I worded it as "even harder than they already do". I knew as soon as they reopened that even without vaccinations there are enough anti-maskers that they would have pronlems. You are right, though, that I haven't been since before the pandemic (January 2020 to be exact). Going next month for my milestone birthday.

UOR calls them "plaids"? Gee, could that possibly be any more generic?

That's why I worded it as "even harder than they already do". I knew as soon as they reopened that even without vaccinations there are enough anti-maskers that they would have pronlems. You are right, though, that I haven't been since before the pandemic (January 2020 to be exact). Going next month for my milestone birthday.

UOR calls them "plaids"? Gee, could that possibly be any more generic?
UOR calls them team members. (As does seaworld)
LEGOLAND calls employees “model citizens”.

not sure any of them have “plaids”, though they do have higher up customer service reps. Plaids are just an incredibly special breed at Disney world. If you have a legit problem, you need a plaid, because they bring the pixie dust.

We’re hoping they’re dropped by late January. I hated wearing the mask and dealing with kids with masks for two weeks during our last trip. We always go right after thanksgiving but next year we’re scheduled for 1/26-2/10 in hopes that we won’t need masks then. If we do then do be it but I’m really hoping we won’t.

We also had a trip booked right after thanksgiving and moved to 1/29-2/11!

I booked August 2022 but if Disney doesn't have things more back to normal, we'll cancel. I'm holding the room I want but I cancelled last summer and I can cancel again if needed. I advise OP to do that.

I booked August 2022 but if Disney doesn't have things more back to normal, we'll cancel. I'm holding the room I want but I cancelled last summer and I can cancel again if needed. I advise OP to do that.
Yep. Our VRBO for October 1 needs to be canceled by September 1 for a full refund. If masks are still required, we are canceling and will rebook for sometime in 2022.

Mask threads are going to continue, no matter how many of those threads are closed, because people feel very strongly about masks. Both for and against.

But what’s the point of going on and on about them in the same circle conversations every day? Every mask thread turns out exactly the same. At one point today there were 4 different mask threads between Rumors & News and TPAS, and pretty much all of them veered in the same direction.

Why try to silence people? These are the same people who are booking...debate is healthy.

Nobody here is changing anyone’s mind about their personal position on masks. It’s completely a pointless topic to debate here. The threads that go down the mask path turn ugly every time. They have for a year now. Same exact arguments, different day. Much of the mask debate on here is not healthy discussion at all.

Last edited:
The vaccine rollout has gone much better than expected. You really have to applaud the great job the Federal govmnt, State governments, and local government have done to getting the message out to get vaccinated. I see all around me there is a lot of peer pressure, family pressure, and yes employer pressure to get vaccinated. So I believe we will see by end of May right around 75% of adult population vaccinated. IF the CDC annouces we have herd immunity, it will most likely force Disney's hand to relax the Mask mandate (that is a big IF). So I would believe that no later than late summer the mask mandates will be relaxed.
Yes. In my area there is no wait list so now anyone 16 & older who wants a vaccine can get one. But, there are reports of many appointment slots going unfulfilled. I have been very pro-mask & very pro-restrictions. However, my tolerance for that will soon wane significantly since vaccines are readily available in this state.

But what’s the point of going on and on about them in the same circle conversations every day? Every mask thread turns out exactly the same. At one point today there were 4 different mask threads between Rumors & News and TPAS, and pretty much all of them veered in the same direction.

Nobody here is changing anyone’s mind about their personal position on masks. It’s completely a pointless topic to debate here. The threads that go down the mask path turn ugly every time. They have for a year now. Same exact arguments, different day. Much of the mask debate on here is not healthy discussion at all.
Perhaps what is different & frustrating is that things are changing but some ppl seem insistent on holding on to worse case scenarios. Every time there seems to be progress, there are some ppl who can’t wait to say “but what about this?”

Since they’re relaxing the mask rule in photographs, what’s next? Will they walk back the wearing a mask while seated rule? I think January we will see mask recommendations not mandates. Also capacity will increase before then. I also think meet and greets will come back this fall (distanced). Just my 2 cents.

Since they’re relaxing the mask rule in photographs, what’s next? Will they walk back the wearing a mask while seated rule? I think January we will see mask recommendations not mandates. Also capacity will increase before then. I also think meet and greets will come back this fall (distanced). Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I found it an interesting choice that they decided this even though they had just made it stricter by telling people to wear masks while seated at a restaurant. Maybe they made that rule stricter in restaurants so they felt more comfortable allowing guests to take their mask off for pictures? I dunno.

That's the problem...discussion is not deemed "healthy" anymore. It's a s sad state of affairs when view points can not be discussed and opinions heard. It's pointless when we sit idly by and say nothing.

Perhaps what is different & frustrating is that things are changing but some ppl seem insistent on holding on to worse case scenarios. Every time there seems to be progress, there are some ppl who can’t wait to say “but what about this?”
I agree - the threads should reflect all points of view. It's funny how as soon as there is a positive development, there is someone shooting it down. Seems to me that this is the issue nation wide - the facts are being ignored and you can not stop progress. We will return to normal whether people like it or not. Things change daily and discussions about that are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter