How to Handle Criticism of Disney Weddings

I guess I'd respond to somone belittling my wedding plans by telling them, "Oh, you won't have to worry about all that cheesy Disney stuff...because you're not invited". Suddenly they don't feel so cool.

Another thing that I've found really annoying that's happened a couple of times (and also to some Disney bride friends I've spoken to) is when we're seeing family or friends and are all talking in a group, if the wedding comes up someone will try to get Jack to admit that he couldn't possibly ever have wanted a Disney wedding, and surely he must have wanted something different.

It's like ***?! I'm sure some people do make huge decisions without consulting their partners but don't they know us? Jack was the one at university who got a big group to all go watch The Incredibles, he's the one who tells them all about Oswald the Bunny or the newest Disney release or the fantasyland expansion.

Sure I rabbit on about the wedding more, but them implying I'm making him do something he doesn't want to do is pretty upsetting.

Luckily our final guest list is all set and none of the nay Sayers are coming. Just 22 happy guests!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter