How early in advance do you turn up for work?

I haven't worked for 40 years, but when I did, I usually arrived about an hour early.

15'ish minutes late, usually. I like for my staff to be settled in and ready to go by the time I get there. I also stay after-hours almost every night, once everyone has gone, to review the day's productivity and make sure nothing urgent has fallen by the wayside.

I work from home now - mostly retired. When I worked it depended on my position. I've been the bookkeeper for the company I work for for 33 years. When I started we were small, maybe 20 employees in 2 offices and I was hourly so couldn't clock in until start time. I would usually get there about 15 min. early just to settle in and maybe get a cup of coffee. After I went salaried (which was about 6 months in since they knew they could work me longer hours) it just depended on how big my staff was. At first it was just me, then I had an asst. then I had 3 assts then I was the Office Manager as well as Financial Manager so I had about 10 staff in two locations, and the company had about 100 employees over two locations. With the larger staff I usually came in about 1/2 hour after the start of the day since I usually stayed late. With the smaller just bookkeeping staff, I was usually there about 15 min. early.

My full time job is here at the farm so I'm here all the time. I have a part-time job (ya know, for funsies) and the entire staff shows up exactly at their start time...and not a second before.

My full time job is here at the farm so I'm here all the time. I have a part-time job (ya know, for funsies) and the entire staff shows up exactly at their start time...and not a second before.
When my DS worked retail, there was nowhere in the store for staff to be if they weren't on duty. They were instructed to walk in, clock in and start work, as close to the minute as possible. Same thing at shift end; clock out to the minute and get out, especially if another employee was clocking in to relieve you.

Well if the posted hours on your corporate website is 8-4 how would you just wander in at 10 am? Wouldn’t your customers be calling from 8–10?
Well they can call me 24/7. The concept of an office is so foreign now days. I've answered calls while in the Haunted Mansion queue.

Well if the posted hours on your corporate website is 8-4 how would you just wander in at 10 am? Wouldn’t your customers be calling from 8–10?
Not who you quoted but Our company is global and we tell everyone we are 9-5 ..there is enough overlap in coverage that we can generally roll in and out as we please...also most of us work remotely

Well they can call me 24/7. The concept of an office is so foreign now days. I've answered calls while in the Haunted Mansion queue.
It depends on where you work. I work for a post secondary institution and we have set office hours.

Not the original poster, but our corporate hours are officially 8-5, but one of our policies is flexible hours (and has been for long before COVID). So, yes we have some who wander in around 10 but some who come in at 6 am.

Whoever is in from admin answers our phones, but if no one is there it goes to a machine where you can dial names or extensions and it will transfer.

And so no, I don’t arrive early,I arrive when I arrive and start charging once my computer is running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter