How early in advance do you turn up for work?

I have been retired for 14 years, but when I worked, I got to my desk at least an hour early. I liked to beat the traffic, have a cup of coffee and read the newspaper before my work day started.

Usually 15-20 minutes before students are allowed into the cafeteria. That gives me enough time to put my lunch in the fridge in the teachers' lounge and boot up my computer so I'm ready for my first hour class (30 minutes later). Then, a coworker and I head down to the restrooms as the kids come into the cafeteria for breakfast. It's one of the places that needs extra eyes. It also tends to head off anybody trying to vape or you know, pierce someone else's belly button. (Yes, that did happen.)

I’m currently 5 min late which is very unlike my early nature. But I’m the boss and never leave on time so….not sweating it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter