how did you choose your username for the dis?

Mine is pretty obvious too. I have 3 beautilful grandchildren, and I didn't want to be called Nana, or Grandma. My mother was Mema to her grandchildren, and I liked that and I wanted the grandkids to call me that too, but they have always called me, Meme. So, hence, I am Meme3.

I like this thread..

i chose mine because my senior year my family moved adn we finally got internet again and my dad called me at work and asked me what I wanted my email adress ot be and my screenname for AIM and junk and I told him to make something up..

so he came up with FHSbabygirl2005 for my AIM and i stopped him before he did the email and said instead of babygirl why not do chick..

basically my dad being a proud daddy of his senior came up with the FHS for the school I attended (Fairfield High School) and chick because im female and 2005 is the year I graduated.. i use it on almost everything..its easy to remember..

"Pike" was my maiden name which I was called through high school and the "ster" was added during that time when Saturday Night Live had that skit where the "annoying office guy" would add all these weird endings to his words like "the Richman" and "the Richarooner" is making copies.

I chose my user name because I am a Boy Scout Leader and have run 2 trips to WDW with our Troop in the past. The first one was in 2001 with 35 people, and the most recent was in 2007 with 50 people.
We tent camped in Fort Wilderness and participated in YES (youth educational series) programs and worked on merit badges throughout all of the parks over the course of 9 days.

It was fabulous both times. And everyone in my troop calls me the Disney Lady or Minnie Mouse!

I used one of my World Of Warcraft Toon's names cause I am oh so original. The first time I picked it for the toon I got it off of a bottle of perfume from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

When my son was almost a year old, he started watching The Lion King and became instantly attached. He would sit through the whole movie and just watch it in amazement. One day, he kept asking for "tada" and for the life of me and everyone else, we couldn't figure out what he wanted. He would just cry and say "un tada" (translation I want tada). A few weeks/month later, my DH and I were watching Toy Story with him. The scene where Buzz & Woody are in the car with Andy & his family the car stereo is playing "Hakuna Matada" from The Lion King" and my son just flipped out and started saying "tada, tada, tada". The lightbulb came on that he had picked up that from the movie. We got the other movie box out to show him and he just started saying "tada" over and over and hugging the movie. Forever he called it that and he even called Simba that as well. It was super cute.

So for everything, I use tadamom to remind me of the early love that he had for his 1st Disney movie!

sorry that was sooo long!

Mine's a combination of Walt Disney and the old TV show "Family Ties". Was an episode on the show where Alex was trying to tutor Mallory for an upcoming High School Quiz Bowl.
He asks her: "Rome was founded by Romulus and--??".
She answers "Uncle Rhemus?"
And that's how Uncleromulus came to be!

Mine's a combination of Walt Disney and the old TV show "Family Ties". Was an episode on the show where Alex was trying to tutor Mallory for an upcoming High School Quiz Bowl.

I remember that episode!

All three of our kiddos were adopted from S. Korea. And in Korea you say mommy "Omma". And that's what our kids call me. Love it. :lovestruc

When my son was almost a year old, he started watching The Lion King and became instantly attached. He would sit through the whole movie and just watch it in amazement. One day, he kept asking for "tada" and for the life of me and everyone else, we couldn't figure out what he wanted. He would just cry and say "un tada" (translation I want tada). A few weeks/month later, my DH and I were watching Toy Story with him. The scene where Buzz & Woody are in the car with Andy & his family the car stereo is playing "Hakuna Matada" from The Lion King" and my son just flipped out and started saying "tada, tada, tada". The lightbulb came on that he had picked up that from the movie. We got the other movie box out to show him and he just started saying "tada" over and over and hugging the movie. Forever he called it that and he even called Simba that as well. It was super cute.

So for everything, I use tadamom to remind me of the early love that he had for his 1st Disney movie!

What a cute story!! I love it! :cool1:

LOVE that show. we always quote that episode too.
alex: what does SCUBA stand for?
mallory : self .... contained..... underwater.......breathing......apparatus

reapeat a few times with alex

alex: and who invented it?

mallory: magellan!!!!!

oh how cute! i feel so bad when that happens. they're obviously telling you SOMETHING, who knows what it is, right?! my son is not quite 2 and he does it all the time. they look right into your eyes and say blah blahdeblah blah!!

but soooo cute - tada tada tada!

this thread is great!

What a cute story!! I love it! :cool1:

aww.....cuuute!

oh how cute! i feel so bad when that happens. they're obviously telling you SOMETHING, who knows what it is, right?! my son is not quite 2 and he does it all the time. they look right into your eyes and say blah blahdeblah blah!!

but soooo cute - tada tada tada!

this thread is great!

Thanks everybody! I think it is a super cute story too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter