Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

Super excited that you are into the Disney part of your trip!

Great pictures of your room and view at Beach Club. I especially liked your view at night.

My vote for the Unidentifiable towel animal is a bunny.

Awesome that you still had a fridge in your room. I am hoping for the same when we arrive at Boardwalk Villas on 9/14pixiedust:

Dee - Catching up. Been hectic couple of weeks moving boys to college.

Lovely lovely room and views :cloud9: Just beautiful - full balcony, daybed, CL, great view :goodvibes

Look forward to reading more.

Rebecca

You were sleeping on MIB? REally? :rotfl2: My kids loved that ride, but after two times I was done. I just waited outside.

After waking up at 4:30-5:00 am every morning, not getting much sleep during the night, hitting the Wizarding World at 7 am and then go-go-go, it shouldn't be a stretch that a nap was needed! :lmao:

I wanted Mark to join me in the pose, but he wasn't playing on that one.

Love Revenge of the Mummy. We got stuck on it on our very last ride before leaving for the airport. I remember it well because I closed the bar over my leg too tight. I remember just sitting there thinking "how will I last if we are stuck for a long time. I can't move". When we got off they gave us "FP's" or whatever they are called. I tried to give our aways to a family of four and the mom completely went hysterical screaming "We are NEVER going on the ride again. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!" It was crazy! :rotfl2:

Revenge of the Mummy is just so much fun. More screams and almost as many smiles as Big Thunder Mtn.

Bummer that you were given express passes you couldn't use because it was time to leave. :(

Too funny about the traumatized woman.

:lmao:

Super excited that you are into the Disney part of your trip!

Great pictures of your room and view at Beach Club. I especially liked your view at night.

My vote for the Unidentifiable towel animal is a bunny.

Awesome that you still had a fridge in your room. I am hoping for the same when we arrive at Boardwalk Villas on 9/14pixiedust:

Great room!!! We loved our room at the Hard Rock, but this one truly blew us away!

:banana::banana::banana:

I was glad to see the fridge, although honestly we didn't use it that much.

All of the fridges at Yacht & Beach were replaced by mid-August. Has anything been said over on the Boardwalk thread about how quickly the replacement is happening over there?

Dee - Catching up. Been hectic couple of weeks moving boys to college.

Lovely lovely room and views :cloud9: Just beautiful - full balcony, daybed, CL, great view :goodvibes

Look forward to reading more.

Rebecca

Where are the guys going to school? I can't believe it is just 3 years away for Nate!

We were all absolutely thrilled with the room!

Hoping to get the next Disney post up today.

Where are the guys going to school? I can't believe it is just 3 years away for Nate!

We were all absolutely thrilled with the room!

Hoping to get the next Disney post up today.

Hi Dee - They are both studying engineering at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania - Sean is a senior and Connor is a Freshman.

Time goes quickly-enjoy. Nate is a sophomore? Wow - you can start that college touring next year. It is a fun time. :)

Hi Dee - They are both studying engineering at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania - Sean is a senior and Connor is a Freshman.

Time goes quickly-enjoy. Nate is a sophomore? Wow - you can start that college touring next year. It is a fun time. :)

Wow!!! That is impressive!

Yes, Nate is a sophomore. How did that happen? Time truly does fly.

Magic Kingdom is always the first place we visit on our trips to Disney. Maybe it is because we need to see the castle to start the trip. Perhaps we enjoy torturing the kids by singing “I’m Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA” before 1 pm. Mostly, it is because this is a bonus day for us and whatever we do on this afternoon is icing on the cake.

But that was a little less true on this trip, since the Disney portion was only 4 ½ days compared to our normal week-long trip. This was an ”official” MK visit!

Our traditional afternoon routine is:

Go left to Adventureland. Pick up a FP for Jungle Cruise. Ride Pirates. Eat lunch/ride Jungle Cruise (now we have to be careful to watch FP return times). Pull FP for Big Thunder/Splash when it is time. And then see where the afternoon takes us. Hop to EPCOT via the Monorail (it is TOO a ride) when we are ready.

Usually we are just heading back to EP to return to the Beach Club, meandering along and riding things like Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. But this time, we had dinner reservations at La Hacienda at 6:30.

So for now, back to the Magic Kingdom. Time- 12:20 pm

There was a parade going on! I snapped some pictures as we headed toward the Hub.

There’s the castle!!!

First task- get FP for Jungle Cruise. 1:02

We continued on to Pirates. Line looked pretty long, about 20 minutes, but we decided to do it.

Here are some of Ben’s pictures from the queue:

My favorite scene in Pirates is the fire scene, so I tried to take a (non-flash) picture. But I got a dirty look from my right, there was still some LED light from the display on my camera, so I put it away for the rest of the ride.

After Pirates, it was almost time to pull another FP so we made our way over to Big Thunder Mountain and at 1:41 we pulled this:

Next- we went back to ride Jungle Cruise, but it was not operating due to weather. Score! We now have a non-expiring FP that would be honored anytime that day.

The skies were starting to look pretty dark so that signaled that it would be a good time to take a lunch break.

Next up: I have been waiting OVER A YEAR for this lunch!!!

Loved the comic strips. So appropriate for this update.

Hum, you've waited over a year for a certain lunch. I wonder what it could be?

Just catching up- we got back from FL last night. First day of school today (am I a bad parent?)

Can't wait to hear about lunch! Wonder where it could be??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Dee, love the MK photos. They really make me feel like I was just there. Last time my kids did not want to ride Pirates so that is a must this year!!!:thumbsup2

Hi Dee!! I'm caught up! LOVE the view from your BC balcony. :thumbsup2 What a fabulous location. I was thinking the same thing as others that you probably could have given the CL Cast Member a run for their money with extolling the attributes of YC/BC! :)

I relate to starting the Disney part of your vacation with a day in MK! It feels like the Disney experience officially begins with that park. Your park plans to go to the left and through Adventureland first is what they told us on a tour is counter-intuitive to most people entering the park so great job!!

Ben did a great job with his PotC photos. Heck, we had people in our boats taking flash photos of the ride which is annoying... anyone who simply has their autofocus red light on doesn't bother me! I say go right ahead! :snooty:

Hi Dee! We're back home and I'm all caught up!

Of course, I'm happy to see that you've "arrived" at Disney and your BC room is wonderful! Really love the BC rooms with those big windows - makes a huge difference in the light and feel of the room. And what a nice balcony - perfect for you and your morning coffee! I know you're OK with a garden view - I am too - but the surprise view upgrade is always such a treat. :)

Back to the Universal part of your report - laughed at the "odds ever in your favor" because our boys try to use that phrase whenever possible! And that post-confusion "unpleasantness" that results when family is attempting to reunite - that's quite familiar. It's relatively rare, but yes, I think "unpleasantness" is the best word to describe it.

Looking forward to reading more!

Loved reading your revised strategy for MK now that fastpasses are enforced ;) Good to know even pirates need a little "help" to stop mother nature in her tracks :rotfl: I think I know where you are heading for lunch but I'm keeping stump (just in case I'm wrong :rotfl:).
Gotta run but enjoying every update as always :thumbsup2

Loved the comic strips. So appropriate for this update.

Hum, you've waited over a year for a certain lunch. I wonder what it could be?

Glad you enjoyed the comics. I have more coming!!!

You may be surprised at the long-awaited lunch.

:)

Just catching up- we got back from FL last night. First day of school today (am I a bad parent?)

Can't wait to hear about lunch! Wonder where it could be??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hey, nothing wrong with getting the most out of summer vacation!

The lunch plans were a definite do-over for me.

:goodvibes

Dee, love the MK photos. They really make me feel like I was just there. Last time my kids did not want to ride Pirates so that is a must this year!!!:thumbsup2

We were bummed out that we only rode a couple of times on our one day in MK in 2011. There are some new seats and effects, so make sure you check it out.

pirate:

Hi Dee!! I'm caught up! LOVE the view from your BC balcony. :thumbsup2 What a fabulous location. I was thinking the same thing as others that you probably could have given the CL Cast Member a run for their money with extolling the attributes of YC/BC! :)

I relate to starting the Disney part of your vacation with a day in MK! It feels like the Disney experience officially begins with that park. Your park plans to go to the left and through Adventureland first is what they told us on a tour is counter-intuitive to most people entering the park so great job!!

Ben did a great job with his PotC photos. Heck, we had people in our boats taking flash photos of the ride which is annoying... anyone who simply has their autofocus red light on doesn't bother me! I say go right ahead! :snooty:

It was a great, great, great room!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Mark would have given me the stink-eye if I had started rattling off BC facts!

When we visit in the afternoon, we start at Adventureland/Frontierland, especially since we would be coming back later in the week for morning extra magic hours and those lands aren't open first thing.

I was so intimidated about the photos in Pirates that I didn't take another photo I really wanted - the dog with the keys at the end of the ride. I was in perfect position, too- the correct side of the boat and we were stuck at that point, not moving, as the boats up front unloaded. :headache:

Hi Dee! We're back home and I'm all caught up!

Of course, I'm happy to see that you've "arrived" at Disney and your BC room is wonderful! Really love the BC rooms with those big windows - makes a huge difference in the light and feel of the room. And what a nice balcony - perfect for you and your morning coffee! I know you're OK with a garden view - I am too - but the surprise view upgrade is always such a treat. :)

Back to the Universal part of your report - laughed at the "odds ever in your favor" because our boys try to use that phrase whenever possible! And that post-confusion "unpleasantness" that results when family is attempting to reunite - that's quite familiar. It's relatively rare, but yes, I think "unpleasantness" is the best word to describe it.

Looking forward to reading more!

:welcome: back!

I can't say enough about how much I loved this room. Yes, a garden view is fine, but WOWSA!!! SAB, the lagoon, the Boardwalk, the lighthouse, the Yacht Club, EVERYTHING! It was just gorgeous and a great place to enjoy my coffee!

:drinking1

Or whatever!

I think you may have an idea where we are headed for lunch!

Loved reading your revised strategy for MK now that fastpasses are enforced ;) Good to know even pirates need a little "help" to stop mother nature in her tracks :rotfl: I think I know where you are heading for lunch but I'm keeping stump (just in case I'm wrong :rotfl:).
Gotta run but enjoying every update as always :thumbsup2

I didn't take pictures of all of the fast passes we got during the trip, but I love the information you can get from them. We were able to get another FP at 1:40 pm and we pulled the one for Big Thunder at 1:41. Still maximizing those times!

Lunch update coming up soon. You can let us know if you were right. We will believe you!

:thumbsup2

The first thing I HAVE to say is, congrats on being able to "go left". It's not easy. As you can see, even Brenda agrees with that.

Bahaha, awesome perspective on Jungle Cruise being down creating a non-expiring FP. I never really though about that before where a ride being down can be a good thing.

Your MIB pictures are hysterical.

YAY you are at the MK but boo for weather delaying your cruise.....I cannot wait to see the lunch review!

And yes, the Monorail IS a ride.

Enjoying your report, looking forward to reading more

:welcome:

Thank you so much! Glad to have you here.

:goodvibes

The first thing I HAVE to say is, congrats on being able to "go left". It's not easy. As you can see, even Brenda agrees with that.

Bahaha, awesome perspective on Jungle Cruise being down creating a non-expiring FP. I never really though about that before where a ride being down can be a good thing.

After lunch things over in Tomorrowland and Fantastyland are just CRAZY, so we have found that going left in the afternoon works for us. Pirates is almost always a sure thing, and the FPs for Big Thunder and/or Splash usually have decent return times.

Unfortunately, we end up with more "non-expiring" FP that afternoon and later in the trip.

:umbrella:

Your MIB pictures are hysterical.

YAY you are at the MK but boo for weather delaying your cruise.....I cannot wait to see the lunch review!

Thanks! I had fun coming up with different poses. The Universal Photo Connect was awesome- a bargain at under $50. If you do it for your New Year's trip, I believe you can get multiple cards so if the groups separate they can still add photos to the account.

The only problem with the closure at JC is that we had to keep checking back to see if it was open. I can't remember if we had our phones with us to check some of the apps.

:cool1:

And yes, the Monorail IS a ride.

::yes::

Subscribing...be back later to catch up as best I can.

:welcome:

Thanks so much for joining in!

No worries about catching up! My suggestion is to just start with the introduction of the trip and the Disney part that starts on Page 19 and skip the Universal/IoA stuff unless that interests you- that part isn't chronological.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:wave2:

Hi Mom and Mom's Friends!!!

This is Ben- I have just started my own trip report "Not My Mama's Trip Report"

I can't post links or pictures yet because I am not at 10 posts.

I tend to want to go to MK first, but more often than not I end up at Epcot!
Love the pics in the Pirates queue! Non-flash pictures never bother me, everyone wants to get something to remember it! I say have at 'er.
Sounds like good luck with the fastpasses.
Over a year for a lunch? I can't wait to hear all about that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter