What was your first resort?

windcriesamy

Is it time to go back yet?
I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!

We stayed at the Contemporary for the first few visits. Growing up and seeing the commercials about WDW the Contemporary was THE resort to stay at. I actually really loved it. The rooms were nice and you can't beat the location to MK. The only draw back was back then, you shared a bus with both the Poly and the GF.

Coronado was my first too. It was last year when it was under all the construction building Gran Destino and Three Bridges. I would love to go again now that it's all done. I have an ADR at Toledo in May, but I'm staying at FQ that trip.

Riverside first , a few time after as well but with rising costs it’s All Stars for us these past few years.

Art of Animation was our first on property stay, Summer of 2018. We have not been back to Disneyworld since then, but I would stay there again in a heartbeat! The food court, pool, and atmosphere were awesome. Our one regret was not taking a resort day to enjoy more of it.

Two things we swore to after the trip. 1) Never, ever driving again. 2)Staying on property. Never driving again because being tired the first couple of days is just not pleasant and dreading the drive home on the last day sucks the fun out. Staying on property because we felt so much more relaxed. We could go back and crash for a couple of hours in the room and then hit the park refreshed for the rest of the day.

Still in discussion is dining plan. Half the clan says yes, pro don't have to budget after it is booked. Other half says no, just budget for it and not worry about not using it to full potential. Much research to be done on this one.

We are planning our next trip and AoA is a bit out of our budget so we are staying across the way at Pop so we get a new experience while still being able to wander over take advantage visiting AoA again.

I first stayed at what was then called Dixie Landings (now POR) in 1995. Since then I've tried CBR, POFQ, AoA, GF, SSR, WL, AKL, YC, CR, and the GC at Disneyland! I love staying on site. I've stayed off site and it just isn't the same.

AoA, loved the theming and extra space and stayed there 1 other time since then despite not liking the dining option. The astronomical price increase has kept us away for the past 2 trips and our upcoming trip.

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!

CBR and nope, haven't been out of a deluxe since. We did ride the Skyliner there last fall and enjoyed our walk down memory lane and being amazed at how it had changed since 1993. We even found our first room and took a photo. Great evening, fabulous first visit; but no desire to stay there again.

CBR in 2004 with my ex-boyfriend's family, I don't remember a lot of it though, I ended up with heat stroke that trip and spent a large amount of time vomiting in the bathroom. I remember the rooms having teal though. But no memory of the entire rest of the resort.

Yes I stayed there again with my family in 2019. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but it was an affordable (with a discount) way to stay on site for a family of 5. Although since then the price jump has been a little bit looney. So don't know if we will be back (or on site at all, barring a DVC rental deal).

My first few trips (as a baby) we stayed at the Disney Institute Villas...does anyone remember those? I only have pictures to go off of but I seem to remember being told it was where SSR is now?

The first trip I actually remember though was at AKL the year it opened. I have an inaugural year pin from that stay that I think is so neat.

AS Movies in 2005 when our son was 2yo. A 5 day trip including airfare, room, tickets, food, rental car was under $2k. Hah, that's what our park tickets cost next trip :earboy2:

There were WDW themed Mr Potato heads for sale in the lobby. Ours is still in the basement with his Mickey Bar, MGM Hat, suitcase and park ticket.

We've not been back for a full stay though we have taken the red eye flight and stayed there for our first night. Not our favorite but with the room refurbs we'd definitely stay again for the right price.

We stayed at Art of Animation. It's a very cool resort and my kids loved it, but I didn't like how far the LM rooms were from everything. I wouldn't mind going back except for the fact that we'd now need a suite and those cost just as much as a deluxe -- and I'd rather stay at a deluxe. I don't foresee us going back there even though overall it's a great resort.

For us, Art of Animation, Cars room. Would we stay there again? Negative. In addition to the ridiculous price increases and bland food court, the room itself and resort, although fabulous theming, and now the Skyliner, was not worth the price unless you pack like 8 people in there.

I stayed as a child, but neither of my parents can remember where! They're not Disney people 🤣

The first place I remember staying was All Star Sports. I was in college and someone else paid for my room and it was perfectly fine! But after experiencing other resorts since then, I don't picture myself returning.

We have stayed at Coronado both before and after the upgrades. Before the upgrades, we loved the property but weren't wowed by the rooms. Now the tower is one of our favorite spots on property. Enjoy your time there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter