I've been 4 times since last August, I've literally never needed to do that.

I found most to be grossly exaggerating it. Maybe an hour out for a few select places at times, but not even that for most.

Not sure about since then, but Oct 1st it definitely was that crazy.

Not sure about since then, but Oct 1st it definitely was that crazy.
I was able to order lunch about an hour out on 10/1 for Casey's (I ordered at 10 for 11-11:30, I cant remember exactly, but I think it was open for 10:30-11, but I didn't want it that early). I did see CHH have openings within 30 minutes a few times that I looked throughout the day, but that is one place I never eat at.

Friendly reminder to follow DIS Guidelines. This thread often shows how several people can be at the same park on the same day and come out with totally different experiences.

I go about once a week to a park. And I’ve definitely had mixed experiences.

Everyone, please remember to be respectful of each other. If you don’t like what someone has posted and if it follows DIS guidelines, do like a stormtrooper and “move along”. If it doesn’t follow DIS guidelines, please hit the report button instead of responding.

Can anyone report on how mobile ordering at quick service restaurants is going? Those reports of people having to wait 2 hrs to get their food on the first day of the 50th anniversary worried me. I'm wondering if these delays have continued, particularly when it's crowded.

I was at the Magic Kingdom last night (granted during extra hours), and I was able to pick my order up pretty much after placing the order. I think it was just glitchy that first day of the 50th. Also, people don’t realize they can mobile order despite signs saying to please do so. Just means less waiting for me!

From the DIS Guidelines: The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.

Someone reported that I said mobile ordering ahead of time is a valid tip? And it was deleted? Okay…

There are several reasons for posts to be deleted. Most likely you quoted a deleted post. Feel free to repost your tip.

just want to say thank you to the mods-you guys are awesome!

Thank you!!

From the DIS Guidelines: The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.

There are several reasons for posts to be deleted. Most likely you quoted a deleted post. Feel free to repost your tip.

Thank you!!
You’re welcome! You all are the best!

Trip is 6 weeks away. Time to start reading recent trip reports. Last trip was a year ago in full restriction mode.

I'd like to know how long it's been taking folks to get to a park after landing at MCO. My flight lands at 11am and I have Epcot reservations that day. I plan to use lightening lane to book my ride on Remy.

Trip is 6 weeks away. Time to start reading recent trip reports. Last trip was a year ago in full restriction mode.

I'd like to know how long it's been taking folks to get to a park after landing at MCO. My flight lands at 11am and I have Epcot reservations that day. I plan to use lightening lane to book my ride on Remy.
Landed at 9:15a. Took me 2 hours with DME, almost to the minute (I briefly stopped at AKL to drop my suitcase at Bell Services).

Arrived today - yesterday evening DS decided he'd rather do Animal Kingdom instead of Hollywood Studios, so I swapped our reservation and found new dining reservations (relatively easy being a day out).

Since FOP makes him sick (this is just a mom and me trip) - we drove (instead of going to our resort and catching a bus) and arrived about 7:10 a.m. (for 7:30 early entry). Two long lines to get in turnstile - moved quickly (opened maybe about 5 or 10 mins after we got there). Once through turnstiles, Early Entry (and rescan of band for one party member - who was asked to confirm size of party) was over to the left. We had no issue with it being our check in day (although we did do check-in online in advance). We followed the masses to Pandora (so we could do Navi - without doing FOP, it was the only one that I had seen the waits get higher). Early hours for resort guests is awesome! Since we weren't hustling to FOP, we enjoyed the space and scenery - we walked leisurely. We got to Navi about 7:25 and they opened queue right at 7:30 a.m. One of first few boats. Headed over to Expedition Everest - literally empty park once out of Pandora; walk on. Still before 8 a.m. On to Dinosaur (now after 8), still empty park outside of Pandora. Rode Triceratop and then It's Tough to Be a Bug - no waits. Did a little shopping - lucked into a Mickey 50th Popcorn Bucket, enjoyed the Flight/macaw show at 9:15. DS said no to Kil Safari (a low wait) and Kali (5 min waiti posted) - and this trip was his, so I let him play at the boneyard. According to TP wait times, could have easily ridden these or Everest or Dinosaur with low to no wait. Encountered our first crowds lining up for 10:30 a.m. Lion King - arrived about 10:10 - short wait in the shade - everyone in line got in. Grabbed a bite to eat (definitely get a Landry's card - you can almost always get in and/or get a reservation at Yak & Yeti or Rainforest Cafe - and I had a surprise $25 credit... I got the card last year for Disney, used it once and just used it again - maybe it was a birthday thing - it did cost me to get the card but I immediately got a credit when I bought it last year so net cost was $0)) and headed to officially unload and check into resort. Headed to the pool in a bit and back to AK to see Pandora at Night - we'll see what is an easy wait then.

It definitely felt pre-covid crowded in the Pandora and Africa walkways - and the Island by 11 a.m., but empty other places. But, if you rope drop (or presumably LL in a few days) FOP, the waits (up until 10 a.m.) were walk on or next to nothing.

When we were at MK on Oct 1st, the one item we wanted, but didn't get our hands on (didn't even know it existed until it was too late) was the Mickey Mouse 50th Popcorn Bucket.

View attachment 613133

I can't even find one being sold by anyone on eBay! I assume those who got them didn't purchase to resell them for a quick buck (unlike the balloon popcorn buckets listed at $50-60 each!).

Maybe there's another million dolls still sitting on a ship from China at the port!

The popcorn bucket has returned- DFB tweeted about it being there today. You may be on to something that the port delays are hindering some of the restocking of items, though!

Last two updates from our trip!

On a whim, went to AK on Thursday 10/14 for a few PM hours. Like earlier in the week at other parks, more people were leaving than arriving. Walked on Dinosaur, Everest (2 x) and River Rapids. Had dinner at Satu’li, then got in line for FOP at 7:30. Posted was 90 minutes, but as expected it took us 55.

had already planned to rope drop AK on 10/15 and kids still wanted to so we did. Got on a bus at AKL at 6:37, arrived at AK 10 minutes later. We were very close to the beginning of security line. They let us in a few minutes later, then had to queue at tapstyles until about 7:20. A brisk walk to the bridge, where we were held for a few more minutes, then off to the ride. We were off FOP and Na’vi River, (and a bit of shopping) by 8:05. Headed to safari, but line was growing and waited about 30 minutes. After that, walked on river rapids right before it broke then on to Everest, with a 20 minute wait. After that, it was very busy and crowded.

The extra 30 minutes for on site guests is still key if you are going to rope drop, but unlike last trips, with an extra hour, 30 minutes goes very fast. That was the first time we saw the queue for the Safari. We usually walked on after Pandora rides, but now you have to move quick to squeeze in 2 rides before the rest of the crowd enters.

After almost 10 years of visiting, lack of Fastpass makes a rope drop much less valuable. (But wait, I can now pay $15 per person for Genie + to fix it!?!?!, no thanks. I’ll never say neverabout using it, but it’s not the money, it’s the money grab that bothers me about Genie +.)

My big takeaway from the week, which is hard for a rope dropper to say is, sleep in and go mid afternoon. If it’s in your budget, staying deluxe or DVC gets the extra 2 hours at EPCOT and MK, which were much more valuable than the 30 minutes in the AM.

At the end of the day, Disney will change their system over time and we all have to accept it, adapt to it or reject it. I wish I could say we’d reject it, but who am I kidding, we’ll be back and will have to adapt.

Hey! How has the humidity been lately? We arrive next week - forecast mid to upper 80s which won't be so bad if the humidity is coming down.

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter