Thanks! I'll plan on putting my curly mess in a bun.

I saved so much product this week. No reason to try to fix the curls as they’re going into a bun by the time I’m walking in from the parking lot (please bring the trams back, btw!)

Last edited:

My youngest just finished a two week fall break (balanced calendar) - the oldest has a more traditional schedule and just got a 4 day weekend. My nephew is off this week. ETA: We're in Indiana
We’re in Illinois, and most get the 4 day weekend, and some get the rest of the week off as well.

A few notes.

Sportsman Shoppe in United Kingdom reopened yesterday!PROGRESS!
(I am hearing that the Shops that haven't reopened in World Showcase are because of Supply Chain issues and not Staffing issues.)

The Inventory of Disney Buses appears to have GREATLY increased since our last trip.We have only seen one Contract Bus so far.

The new lights "underneath" the Monorail trains at night are AWESOME!!!!

The Beacons of Magic lights on Spaceship Earth are pretty but almost "hurt my eyes".

Saw my first ever YACHT ROCK band!
SUMMER BREEZE was really great last night so much so that we are going to hear them again tonight.
Pretty sure this is the first time BRANDY by LOOKING GLASS has ever been played in America Gardens!lol

We haven't heard ANY of the Cast Members using "Friends"-all we have heard is the standard "Good Morning Guys","Move this way Guys","Goodnight Guys".

The new 50th Anniversary Nametags for the Disney College Program Cast Members lists their Hometown instead of their College.Really miss seeing all the MANY Colleges represented on the tags.Some CPs like the change,some don't.

And finally HarmoniUS-No comment!lol

Who has Fall break? This isn't a thing in Texas.
My grandkids' school district just north of Houston was on Fall Break Oct. 4-8. The district we live in, also north of Houston, didn't (although they were off Friday-Monday for Columbus Day weekend). I haven't looked at any of the other Houston-area school districts calendars but wouldn't be surprised if there were other ISDs around here that have a Fall Break.

We haven't heard ANY of the Cast Members using "Friends"-all we have heard is the standard "Good Morning Guys","Move this way Guys","Goodnight Guys".

This is surprising. The use of the term "friend(s)" has been so pervasive the last couple of months. Maybe things are changing again.

We were there last week and all we heard was “friends”.

QUOTE="BK2014, post: 63463318, member: 463393"]
This is surprising. The use of the term "friend(s)" has been so pervasive the last couple of months. Maybe things are changing again.
[/QUOTE]

At 6:30am EDT 10/19/21.. I opened my MDE app and it had a pop-up with a link that told me to update my app to use Genie+
I didn't get the option when I opened on my Android, but did on iphone. Thanks for letting me know!

Cool new feature on the app when you click an attraction on the map is forecasted wait times! Screenshot_20211019-053007.png

Also, clicking the LL takes you to the Genie section to set a lightning lane selection.

Genie experiences are being thoroughly discussed on the Genie Announcement thread. Might be beneficial to share all Genie experiences there to consolidate questions and answers.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-genie-announcement.3849361/
A new Everthing Genie thread is being created now that it’s live and we’re able to get some of our many questions answered.

Please keep this thread dedicated to those looking for general Here Now and Just Back experiences. Thanks!

I didn't get the option when I opened on my Android, but did on iphone. Thanks for letting me know!

Cool new feature on the app when you click an attraction on the map is forecasted wait times! View attachment 614505

Also, clicking the LL takes you to the Genie section to set a lightning lane selection.

Oh yes, I was using iPhone. This feature is not yet available on my iPad though 🤷🏻‍♀️

Cool new feature on the app when you click an attraction on the map is forecasted wait times! View attachment 614505

This chart means nothing tho.. what are the values on the left? From what I can tell it changes the Y axis depending on the ride.. so this chart will seem like the wait for slinky is the same as the wait for teacups. Disney fails at making a basic chart and hopes people won't notice...

This chart means nothing tho.. what are the values on the left? From what I can tell it changes the Y axis depending on the ride.. so this chart will seem like the wait for slinky is the same as the wait for teacups. Disney fails at making a basic chart and hopes people won't notice...
True. It does say it'll change throughout the day. I guess I'm hoping as time goes on, it actually looks like a real projection. I would imagine the lines are supposed to be 15 minute or 30 minute increments, but would be nice if that was labeled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter