You said you got into HS at 7:30am? What was the scheduled opening time? Were you staying onsite. We will be at HS next Thursday. We are staying at the Dolphin so we can take advantage of the early entry but wondering if early entry starts at 8:30 what time we should get there by. ROTR is first on my list. I may splurge for Genie+ too.

I’d aim to arrive at 7, and yes we are on site and 8:30 was EMH.

They allowed everyone to line up outside of SWGE, then around 8, the line started moving to fill the queue. We then waited and the line began moving at 8:30 when the ride actually opened. Being off the ride by 9 really only meant 30 minutes of waiting once the ride was opened, but of course we have to count the other hour of waiting too!

by the time we were off the ride, the line was very long!

I’d aim to arrive at 7, and yes we are on site and 8:30 was EMH.

They allowed everyone to line up outside of SWGE, then around 8, the line started moving to fill the queue. We then waited and the line began moving at 8:30 when the ride actually opened. Being off the ride by 9 really only meant 30 minutes of waiting once the ride was opened, but of course we have to count the other hour of waiting too!

by the time we were off the ride, the line was very long!
Wow ok thanks for sharing your experience!!

Florida now being one of the lowest states with new covid cases, I bet crowds are really going to pick up! I’m scared for our trip in December. But I anglad you don’t have to mobile order now since I don’t know what I want for lunch at nine am!
We'll be there in December and have no fear of crowds. I can't remember the last time we visited (before covid) that was not busy. Disney equals crowds no matter the time of year anymore. You'll be fine as people who plan always have successful trips. I'll probably sound crazy but I like the idea of visiting with a crowd....it means the world may finally be returning to normal. Have a great trip.

Anyone attend the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests at MK last night? How were the crowds?

Anyone attend the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests at MK last night? How were the crowds?

Yes, we arrived at 4:30 and stayed until 11.

Compared to earlier in the week, it seemed a little less crowded overall. Almost a walk on for Buzz, Speedway and Barnstormer, while we waited 30 minutes each for Space Mountain and BTMR. That was all done before 9.

Once 9 hit, it was great! We immediately walked on Pirates, then waited about 5 to 10 minutes for Haunted Mansion. Went to SDMT, which had a crazy line earlier, and only waited around 20 minutes or so.

Kids wanted to do Space Mountain, went over to it around 10:25 and rode it twice! Longest wait for that ride is just getting your Magic Band scanned. At 10:51 kids wanted to try for BTMR so they speed walked (no running!) to the other side of the park, we arrived at 10:58 and ended up on the last car of the day!

The two hours at the end of the night is worth it!! Made us feel like FastPass was back…at least for a couple of hours.

Florida now being one of the lowest states with new covid cases, I bet crowds are really going to pick up! I’m scared for our trip in December. But I anglad you don’t have to mobile order now since I don’t know what I want for lunch at nine am!
Lol, why would you need to order lunch at 9?

Lol, why would you need to order lunch at 9?
The back when mobile order was almost the only way to get quick service food, if you wanted to guarantee you could eat at your desired time, you’d figure out your order and submit it way ahead of time.

It never bothered me because I’m solo and I always know where I’m having lunch, and about when I’ll be hungry, so I just did it right when I woke up for the day, and then it was one less thing to worry about. And I’ll probably still do it on my December trip, just because it’s convenient.

When we go and when it's hot, I book some of the more inexpensive (comparatively) ADRs so we can have a reserved spot in the shade and AC when the crowds start getting big at 11 / 12. It goes a long way for me not to be searching for a shaded spot to eat with kids in tow.

Yes, we arrived at 4:30 and stayed until 11.

Compared to earlier in the week, it seemed a little less crowded overall. Almost a walk on for Buzz, Speedway and Barnstormer, while we waited 30 minutes each for Space Mountain and BTMR. That was all done before 9.

Once 9 hit, it was great! We immediately walked on Pirates, then waited about 5 to 10 minutes for Haunted Mansion. Went to SDMT, which had a crazy line earlier, and only waited around 20 minutes or so.

Kids wanted to do Space Mountain, went over to it around 10:25 and rode it twice! Longest wait for that ride is just getting your Magic Band scanned. At 10:51 kids wanted to try for BTMR so they speed walked (no running!) to the other side of the park, we arrived at 10:58 and ended up on the last car of the day!

The two hours at the end of the night is worth it!! Made us feel like FastPass was back…at least for a couple of hours.

Thank you for the report!!

When we were at MK on Oct 1st, the one item we wanted, but didn't get our hands on (didn't even know it existed until it was too late) was the Mickey Mouse 50th Popcorn Bucket.

I can't even find one being sold by anyone on eBay! I assume those who got them didn't purchase to resell them for a quick buck (unlike the balloon popcorn buckets listed at $50-60 each!).

Has anyone who's been to MK since seen if these have been restocked and were available in the park any time after the 1st? It seems unlikely they would go to the expense of making these and only produce enough to sell on one day when they could have thousands of guests shelling out $15-20 a pop for them over the next year+.

Also, we were able to get the plush Mickey and Minnie 50th dolls but just before we left Orlando, a relative expressed interest in them and by then World of Disney was sold out.

Has Disney been restocking these dolls at WoD or in the Emporium at MK? Again, I would assume that they would keep putting these on shelves for the next year as long as they're selling, but who knows? Maybe there's another million dolls still sitting on a ship from China at the port!

When we were at MK on Oct 1st, the one item we wanted, but didn't get our hands on (didn't even know it existed until it was too late) was the Mickey Mouse 50th Popcorn Bucket.

View attachment 613133

I can't even find one being sold by anyone on eBay! I assume those who got them didn't purchase to resell them for a quick buck (unlike the balloon popcorn buckets listed at $50-60 each!).

Has anyone who's been to MK since seen if these have been restocked and were available in the park any time after the 1st? It seems unlikely they would go to the expense of making these and only produce enough to sell on one day when they could have thousands of guests shelling out $15-20 a pop for them over the next year+.

Also, we were able to get the plush Mickey and Minnie 50th dolls but just before we left Orlando, a relative expressed interest in them and by then World of Disney was sold out.

View attachment 613137

Has Disney been restocking these dolls at WoD or in the Emporium at MK? Again, I would assume that they would keep putting these on shelves for the next year as long as they're selling, but who knows? Maybe there's another million dolls still sitting on a ship from China at the port!
I haven't looked lately but I ordered mine from ShopDisney. The lines were so crazy on the 1st that while on the bus over to MK we placed an order from there and had it all shipped home.

View attachment 613133

View attachment 613137

I don't even know that I saw anybody walking around with that popcorn buckets, but I like it! I'm not usually one to get one of those, but that one I would. Maybe they will have them when I am back in January. Sorry, I know that's not helpful haha

I haven't looked lately but I ordered mine from ShopDisney. The lines were so crazy on the 1st that while on the bus over to MK we placed an order from there and had it all shipped home.
The dolls are currently sold out online. We have relatives who are locals and could go pick up another pair of them for us (well, not for us... but for us to give as a gift), but I don't want to ask them to go on a wild goose chase if none are being restocked.

I don't even know that I saw anybody walking around with that popcorn buckets, but I like it! I'm not usually one to get one of those, but that one I would. Maybe they will have them when I am back in January. Sorry, I know that's not helpful haha
I never saw one either. We did get the Minnie sipper that goes with it, but only because we were in Pecos Bills and my wife saw one at a nearby table. She asked about it and discovered that they were available right there so I went up and got one. We never did see the Mickey Popcorn bucket. I think I read the next day that they were at Cosmic Rays?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter