Help us with motion sickness rides

julesann

DIS Veteran
We did Flights of Passage at AK today and I was nauseous and dizzy for 3 hours. I can do roller coasters, I'm fine with Tower of Terror and Mission Space but this 3D ride really got to me. Can you let me know which rides I should definitely and maybe avoid at UO. Thank you. Or maybe I better take some dramamine. Thank you!!!

bchbetha

DIS Veteran
It's so, so impossible to answer this. Boats make me queasy but only the Simpsons really gave me trouble at Universal. Dh couldn't do Forbidden Journey (sick the rest of the day); I had zero trouble with it. Unfortunately none of us can tell you how you'll react and if you take down a list of rides that bothered individuals then you might be left with zero rides left to ride.

julesann

DIS Veteran
Thank you all for the input and perspectives...yes bchbetha it is all relative but a general perspective is very helpful for me. I'm curious about Forbidden Journey---I may try it but my brother is now clear that he will not try it.

Kit Jackson

Mouseketeer
I've never been on Flights of Passage. Can you describe the ride? Do you have any idea what aside from the 3D may have been a problem? Does the ride vehicle move like a simulator? Is the motion smooth or is it more sudden and jerky (for lack of a better word) Can you handle regular 3D movies? Have you ever been on Rise of the Resistance at one of the Disney parks, and how well did you do on that ride? (If you can answer some of these questions, I may be able to help). My advice would be take dramamine.

mvansear

Mouseketeer
I've never been on Flights of Passage. Can you describe the ride? Do you have any idea what aside from the 3D may have been a problem? Does the ride vehicle move like a simulator? Is the motion smooth or is it more sudden and jerky (for lack of a better word) Can you handle regular 3D movies? Have you ever been on Rise of the Resistance at one of the Disney parks, and how well did you do on that ride? (If you can answer some of these questions, I may be able to help). My advice would be take dramamine.
We did Flights of Passage at AK today and I was nauseous and dizzy for 3 hours. I can do roller coasters, I'm fine with Tower of Terror and Mission Space but this 3D ride really got to me. Can you let me know which rides I should definitely and maybe avoid at UO. Thank you. Or maybe I better take some dramamine. Thank you!!!
This won't work for you right now but scopolamine is a prescription medication for motion sickness (patch behind your ear) I noticed 0 side effects. I cannot ride forbidden journey, minions, Simpsons without it.

• cam757

Mouseketeer
    This won't work for you right now but scopolamine is a prescription medication for motion sickness (patch behind your ear) I noticed 0 side effects. I cannot ride forbidden journey, minions, Simpsons without it.
    I use scopolamine as well. Simpsons puts me out of commission for a while without it. It does help tremendously but I cannot leave it on for more than a day. It dilates my eyes causing blurry vision and sensitivity to light and causes severe dry mouth, it also causes agitation. I am bringing Bonine for a backup this trip.

chewbacca

Mouseketeer
    I take Bonine and have not had problems. I also close my eyes on the 3D rides if I feel myself getting dizzy/nauseous.

heartpumper

fixing hearts is my other career
    I agree with using Bonnie or non drowsy Dramamine. I now need to take one every morning before any type of ride but it works!

• AJA

DIS Veteran
    The Simpsons and Forbidden Journey give me the most trouble.
    Have you tried over the counter patches? They are amazing for me. Without them even Transformers was too much, its like Spiderman but longer, if you can hanfle Spiderman with no problem at all then Transformers should be ok.
    Checkout YouTube for FJ to see the ride motion.

Gatrcruzer

Mouseketeer
    For Forbidden Journey In Hogsmeade. This one tends to really get folks that are sensitive.

I agree with the a above poster Simpson’s is another one that will be a problem.
    THIS! I don't typically get motion sickness from rides, but every time I have tried this one I get sick so avoid it now. It is super cool inside the castle, so maybe if you are with friends go with them through the line so you can see the castle but leave before getting on the ride. Unfortunately, UO has a lot of virtual reality-type rides, and those are more likely to cause motion sickness. But seriously, if you have any sensitivity I would avoid this one unless you have some sort of medication.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS