Great unknown tips or secrets!

what's your web addy? have you uploaded anything yet?

Nope. No one sent me anything. :(

If anyone does collect these tips into any format, please let me know! I can still store them in one place for everyone.

HAHAHA i finally got to page 33 and i'm doing the same thing - only mine is in excel and i'm sorting by different catigories.

gotta love computers and the internet.

and of course this site :):thumbsup2

Any chance you can post this spreadsheet or email this out Kurby?

Use a 'runner' whenever possible - especially when you have smaller children in tow...

examples....

After the 'boat drill' - one parent can usher the kids upstairs to stake out a spot for the sailaway party while the 'runner' takes all of the life vests back to the cabin.

Other opportunities would be with the buffet lines -- one person can make a sampler tray and just stack empty plates underneath. Add extra silverware and head to the family either at the table or in the cabin... Even if you had to make two trips, the errand is 10 times faster without little ones scrambling around....it just is. :rolleyes1
For those of you who are not familiar. There are strick rules that you(the person wearing the life vest) return to their cabin with their life vest "ON"

For those of you who are not familiar. There are stick rules that you(the person wearing the life vest) return to their cabin with their life vest "ON"

For those of you who are not familiar. There are strick rules that you(the person wearing the life vest) return to their cabin with their life vest "ON"

This is true..... I've been "yelled" at for taking mine off. The reason is that the straps are long and they don't want anyone tripping on them if they are being carried.

Oooops! All 3 cruises my DH wears all five back to the room...it's a great pix! Kind of a tradition now. Luckily he's never been yelled at I guess.

Any chance you can post this spreadsheet or email this out Kurby?

there is a link in my siggy that will take you to the thread that has the spread sheet and mickey family.

it's free for the taking :)

This is true..... I've been "yelled" at for taking mine off. The reason is that the straps are long and they don't want anyone tripping on them if they are being carried.

I didn't know this was a rule. Thinking back, I can't remember if we have left ours on or taken them off while going back to the cabin. The one thing I do know is that if a CM yells at me over anything, my life had better be in immediate danger. There is absolutely no excuse for a CM to yell at you. The person should have simply asked you politely to put the jacket back on. You should have reported that CM to Guest Services (whether the rules say leave them on or not).

Here's my favorite :)

After getting your KTTW card and going though security, you can bypass the whole line of people waiting to board if you don't want your picture taken.

They have a 3rd line that goes down the center and bypasses the picture taking.

To me there are enough opps to take pics when I look alot better than I do as I am boarding after my morning of travel :3dglasses

Here's my favorite :)

After getting your KTTW card and going though security, you can bypass the whole line of people waiting to board if you don't want your picture taken.

They have a 3rd line that goes down the center and bypasses the picture taking.

We do this all of the time, on every cruise line! We never buy any pictures, so we always decline to have them taken, no matter the occasion. I guess we're helping the environment, because then they're not printing these photos!

I am hooked on tip threads!

I don't know if this is a "ruise" tip or just a good summer/sun travel tip...
A small container w/ aloe vera gel or lotion for the cooling effect after the sun

We will be cruising next year- haven't booked yet as we are tsill deciding category and checking on a few policies- definitely, definitely cruising though! :banana::dance3::woohoo::banana::banana::woohoo: :dance3: :banana:

One good tip that we started just recently is taking a shoe bag or something like that to hang from the towel bar in the bathroom for all our "stuff"....toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, makeup, hair product, sunscreen, lotions, etc, etc etc.

Our son is in a wheelchair so we have to have the handicapped accessible cabin, and there is NO counterspace for anything because they have to keep it all open for wheelchair turnaround space.

Also....a couple of surge protectors, you know, the ones with lots of outlets, for chargers, etc. We always need our mp3 charging, Patrick likes his computer, also the electric shaver.

Up by the where all the workout equipment is there are two AWESOME showers. No extra charge......I went up there everytime I wanted to take a shower!! :thumbsup2 :) :thumbsup2 :) :thumbsup2 :)

Oh, yeah! ME TOO! Great showers! And, for me, it's nice to get away from my "guys".

The only table service provided at PC, during the embarkation lunch, are the drinks. Everything else is serve yourself at the buffet.

Parrot Cay is buffet,also, the same food as is offered at Topsiders (or Beach Blanket Buffet,depending on the ship) both are very good!

I prefer Parrot Cay too. On our last 2 cruises the greeter told us they were full and to go to Topsiders. I told them we had family already in there (which ok was a lie, but I wanted to eat at PC!). They let us in and it wasn't full at all. (both times!).

Wow that's interesting.
We've always gone to Topsiders- but this time since we upgraded at the port we went to the concierge reception first. After that- we weren't really "starving" (like we normally are when we board at a later time and head straight to Topsiders for our late lunch) but we weren't totally full and knew our rooms weren't ready yet anyway- so we head to PC since at the concierge reception they recommended going there instead of topsiders. When we got there- they had CM's outside and we thought one was going to hand us the hand wipes- but instead they said that PC was full and told us to go to topsiders.

We thought nothing of it- but decided to just go to the pools anyway since we weren't really starving or anything (more like we just wanted to see if they had something we wanted- particularly dessert). I had no idea they might be fibbing about PC being full. I do have to wonder why they'd say that when it's not true and why they'd try so hard to direct everyone to topsiders instead. Weird.

ok i know this is not the thread but I read it a couple times in here...what is DOUBLE DIP CRUISE???

To make unpacking easier...I pack everything right from my closet (with the hangers attached). By the way,,,I use the cheaper plastic hangers. Then when I unpack I just open the suitcase and things go directly into the closet. Very fast and easy. All my skirts, dresses, and tops. I find it much faster for unpacking. Yes it takes up a little more room...but not much. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter