Great unknown tips or secrets!

This may be on here somewhere, but it's something DH and I tell people regularly... if you can't decide between two entrees or two desserts (or three or four...), ask your server for more than one. On our last cruise, our servers brought us so much food (can you say lobster??! I think DH and I both had three tails each!). There's no need to make a choice: try them all!

Something I learned that was kind of interesting.

The Carpet in the hallways and by the elevators has triangles facing in different directions
The red Triangle faces Aft...or the back of the ship

The Blue Triangle faces Forward to the Bow or front of ship
so if your ever lost you can make it to your stateroom quicker.

Now that is a great tip that I have not heard of yet!

Something we missed our first two cruises, they have a nice desert buffet in Cabanas after the Fireworks on Prates Night. Most people either go back to their cabin or just stay out on deck for the dance party.

Something we missed our first two cruises, they have a nice desert buffet in Cabanas after the Fireworks on Prates Night. Most people either go back to their cabin or just stay out on deck for the dance party.

We went thru Cabanas and saw them I took one quick pic then totally forgot to go back!!! Not that I really had any more room to eat as we had late dining but it would have been fun to try.

I love this thread! I have a few tips. One year I volunteered to be the babysitter for the tiniest one so everybody could go to dinner. I discovered that I could watch the live shows on the TV in the room. Another thing I found was when by happenstance we booked a room near the movie theater, there was a public bathroom next to our room. Very handy with 4 people in the room! Finally, we have traveled as a large extended family. We designated a morning "table" near the pool. Every morning we would all meet for coffee and compare schedules. Happy Cruising!

Same here took three cruises till I realized this was happening, they also have turkey legs like the parks at the pirate buffet.

- Also if you look at the image of the globe on the hallway carpets if the image is right side up you are going forward, if it is upside down you are going aft.

- if you want to figure out if you are port side or not look at the fish over the room numbers.

I'm scanning all my important documents (passports, driver's license, credit cards front and back) and emailing them to my Yahoo account. That way, if something happens, I can access them myself through the internet cafe.

I copy my passport, DL and insurance card. My sister has a copy of all of these at her house. So if I need something she has a copy of it. Its also helpful if your wallet or purse is stolen here at home, makes it easier to get your DL reissued at least here in VA it is.

So do people walk around in just a robe or something? Trying to figure out how to not mess up all that preparing if I did use an alternate shower. Or just easy on/off clothing like swimwear? Do people walk around the ship in only their swimwear without cover-up or towels? In my case, that could be a scary sight!
oh lord, this brings back memories... When I went on the Fantasy, since we were in concierge we had to walk through the adult pool/lounge and there was a old hairy guy in a speedo!! It was terrible!!!

oh lord, this brings back memories... When I went on the Fantasy, since we were in concierge we had to walk through the adult pool/lounge and there was a old hairy guy in a speedo!! It was terrible!!!

yikes!!!! I always wonder if people look in a mirror before they make decisions on what to leave their room wearing

I have another one, no matter how hard you pull or what you stick in that little hole in the ceiling, you will not be able to get that bunk down by yourself. :confused3 The room steward will take care of it.
Also before you pull your arm out of the socket. Please read the instructions on the door before you try to open it. It's kind of tricky.
Also, you can request that your table be removed from your veranda. My 3 year old stepped right up on it to get a better look over the edge. After my heart flew out of my chest, I took that little table and stuck it in the hallway. The table looks just like her step stool at home, so I can't blame her.

OMG! That would be super scary. Thank you for this tip! That's exactly what my little one would do too. We're looking at booking our first cruise for 2015.

If someone has the tips in Excel, please message me as I would love them. I'm going in October :)

! Finally, we have traveled as a large extended family. We designated a morning "table" near the pool. Every morning we would all meet for coffee and compare schedules. Happy Cruising!

Thank you for this!!!! We are cruising with a small family reunion in May and this great idea.

Thank you

For all those who don't want to be bothered with kids, take a Disney cruise! They are so busy and happy,they don't even want to be with the adults! Disney does the magic to all the kids! It's rare to see an unhappy,whining child and you may be surprised that you actually enjoy watching them have so much fun.

I love this!

For all those who don't want to be bothered with kids, take a Disney cruise! They are so busy and happy,they don't even want to be with the adults! Disney does the magic to all the kids! It's rare to see an unhappy,whining child and you may be surprised that you actually enjoy watching them have so much fun.

I agree. As the person in charge of the family, you feel a responsiblity or pressure for your family to have a good time. I'm sure most parents know where their need/wants rank on the totem pole so to speak. If you are on the disboards you know what I mean in terms of being the planner.

This was the most "vacation" I have ever had on vacation.

In the rooms with a veranda, you can turn off the lights on the veranda. The switch is behind the curtains near the door on the right side. I found this on our last day...
Elisa

This is a great tip. This will be our first veranda room and I wouldn't have known that. Thanks so much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!