• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From 2008: Snake in the Contemporary Resort Room - Updated 10/23 snake nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
K, but how did housekeeping not only miss a snake but a nest filled with eggs???????

This might sound odd but I'd rather have a snake in my room than roaches or palmetto bugs. :)

not me...i'd much much much rather have palmetto bugs in my room than a snake...

as someone said, it's florida...palmetto bugs come with the territory...

K, but how did housekeeping not only miss a snake but a nest filled with eggs???????

I guess the height, they must not clean up there.

Funny, I just talked to a friend yesterday who is staying at the Comtemporary now and she mentioned how dusty and generally unclean the rooms were. I didn't mention the snake incident to her....:ssst: she would be out of there in a second. Although they are in the main bldg with MK view so probably safe.

not me...i'd much much much rather have palmetto bugs in my room than a snake...

as someone said, it's florida...palmetto bugs come with the territory...

Palmetto bugs, I agree. Roaches, not so much.

Snakes are much easier to to eradicate than roaches!

Just another update.

The snake was spotted by the young pre-teen girl in the pictures. She had been sick all day and was laying in the bed. She thought she saw something moving on the curtains and asked her mom to investigate. Guess what they found!

I am completely beside myself at the thought. I assure you that I would be instantly hired for The Haunted Mansion's blood-curling scream in the elevator after CMs heard my reaction to a snake with a nest and eggs in my room. :scared1: And I don't know how to handle the idea of it being on the 2nd floor. It is very unnerving to know there is no way to prevent this scenario from happening to you. :scared:

What I keep thinking is that if they'd unknowingly pulled the curtains open, it could have fallen on them!:scared:

The up side is that getting moved to a Super Duper Rock Star Celebrity Suite in the Contemporary sounds uber fantastic. Since no one was hurt, maybe this was worth it.:thumbsup2 Although I don't know if I could sleep after that.:eek:

Where was the nest found?

The up side is that getting moved to a Super Duper Rock Star Celebrity Suite in the Contemporary sounds uber fantastic. Since no one was hurt, maybe this was worth it.:thumbsup2 Although I don't know if I could sleep after that.:eek:

Where was the nest found?

Not sure where the nest was located. I will try and find out. I have to rely on MIL for updates. She works with the couple that stayed in the room.

Do you think they took the snake to the Animal Kingdom? Just wondering.

Not sure where the nest was located. I will try and find out. I have to rely on MIL for updates. She works with the couple that stayed in the room.

Do you think they took the snake to the Animal Kingdom? Just wondering.

My guess is that they did something like that. I don't think they kill the gators that they remove from the lakes, so I doubt they would kill a snake that is less dangerous (assuming it was a non-poisonous kind).

But can you imagine the eggs hatching and spreading out in the Contemporary?!:scared1: Wait! Have they checked other rooms for other nest?!:scared1: If this thing crawled in through the duct work as was imagined by a PP, then there could be nests in other rooms with eggs that have hatched with that offspring making more nests with eggs that hatched and on and on.:scared1: Oh my lard! I am envisioning a horror film like Alien where there are nests and spawn everywhere. Excuse me. I need to go find a paper bag to breathe in now.

Actually, once alligators reach a certain length they have to be euthanized due to not being able to be relocated because of strong homing instincts that will take them right back to where they were removed.

Actually, once alligators reach a certain length they have to be euthanized due to not being able to be relocated because of strong homing instincts that will take them right back to where they were removed.

OK. Well, scratch that. Depending on the snake's nesting instincts . . . maybe it is dead.:confused3

OK. Well, scratch that. Depending on the snake's nesting instincts . . . maybe it is dead.:confused3

I don't believe that snakes work the same way that alligators do. Not 100% on the snake part, though.

I am a snakeaphobic...that said I lived through a nightmare that might shake up some of you folks. Last year a rat snake laid a nest of eggs in the walls of our Houston area home. Yes, they can get in through very tiny openings to do this and go many places you would not expect. We never saw the Mama snake but when the babies hatched they started appearing all over our house...the kids bathroom, my bathroom, living room, kitchen, utility room. It was a daily occurrance...kind of like Where's Waldo...where will the next snake surprise you? :scared1: It was truly awful. After 10 snakes...it was over and they did not return

We moved in the Spring, but I don't think I will ever fell truly safe in my home again! Yeah, I know snakes are good for the environment...yadda, yadda...but this felt like a takeover!

Isnt there some sort of snake away Disney can put out to keep them from getting in the hotels????? Outside is ok but inside the room is another story!!!

I wonder where the daddy snake is :confused3

I am a snakeaphobic...that said I lived through a nightmare that might shake up some of you folks. Last year a rat snake laid a nest of eggs in the walls of our Houston area home. Yes, they can get in through very tiny openings to do this and go many places you would not expect. We never saw the Mama snake but when the babies hatched they started appearing all over our house...the kids bathroom, my bathroom, living room, kitchen, utility room. It was a daily occurrance...kind of like Where's Waldo...where will the next snake surprise you? :scared1: It was truly awful. After 10 snakes...it was over and they did not return

We moved in the Spring, but I don't think I will ever fell truly safe in my home again! Yeah, I know snakes are good for the environment...yadda, yadda...but this felt like a takeover!

:sad: :sad: :sad: I m crying after reading this. I really do feel for you:hug: I dont know what I would have done...

It's not a DISNEY solution, but I know whom I'm taking along if I ever stay at the Contemporary...

rtv5.jpg

(Rikki Tikki Tavi to the uninitiated. I'll be happy to do my RTV impression on the podcast cruise. It's actually funny after only one or two drinks!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter