• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From 2008: Snake in the Contemporary Resort Room - Updated 10/23 snake nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a DISNEY solution, but I know whom I'm taking along if I ever stay at the Contemporary...

(Rikki Tikki Tavi to the uninitiated. I'll be happy to do my RTV impression on the podcast cruise. It's actually funny after only one or two drinks!!)

I think I'll take Samuel L. Jackson.

I'm going to take Jack Hannah. The animal guy. I wish the crocodile hunter was still here , I would take him.

Am I the only one that feels sorry for the snake? Poor thing was just trying to find a place to make a nest and hatch her babies -- it was probably just as afraid. I don't know how it got in or why Mousekeeping didn't find it, but I'm sure things like this probably happen more often than we realize. And no...I wouldn't have wanted it for a roommate either!

Am I the only one that feels sorry for the snake? Poor thing was just trying to find a place to make a nest and hatch her babies -- it was probably just as afraid.

agreed, 100%

This speaks little to any WDW/Contemporary Hotel deficiencies in my mind, nor is there any danger to the travelers. I would be less shocked to see ...
gators or something ...
Alligator_Icon_by_DragonFirebender.gif
... it's Florida!

And like someone earlier stated, at least it's not cockroaches. Now those would truly reflect a much larger problem and be much harder to eradicate!

I also agree about feeling sorry for the snake! Not that I would want to room with it or anything, but assuming it wasn't venomous, it'd make for a great trip report once you got back home! LOL And from reading the persons blog who actually had it in their room, IMO they did not sound overly freaked out.........in fact, they were in there still taking pictures! :lmao:

I just heard about this thread and popped over to visit. I am SO completely freaked out by this! I can't stop shuddering!

I'm going to close this thread as it is from 2008. I don't want anyone under the wrong impression. Hopefully the Contemporary has been snake-free as of lately. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter