FP gone so fast??

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no fewer people getting FP+ now than there would be under FP. It has limited availability. There are going to be a lot of people who don't get one, no matter what the system. With FP+, the "fight" to get them is in the comfort of your own home- not at the park with people pushing and shoving and as one poster described- throwing elbows- to get to the front.

I find that preferable. You may not.

There is no "fight" to get them, if they are gone before you even get the chance to get one ... which, funny enough, you also had under the Legacy FP system, which you have said repeatedly you didn't like. If you didn't want to "fight" for an FP under legacy, you didn't have to, it was optional, no need to pull FPs. (and you got to enjoy shorter SBs while you were at it)

You have said a few times that you didn't like that by the time you hopped to Epcot or wherever the FPs were all gone, that wasn't fair/cool/ok according to you.

Yet, it IS ok that the FPs are gone days before the OP even had a chance to TRY and book them ? That's a very interesting stance to take, and you are welcome to it, but it seems to defy logic.

I'd rather not have a shot at FPs then have the option of participating in a "rush" to get one.

There are going to be a lot of people who don't get one, no matter what the system. With FP+, the "fight" to get them is in the comfort of your own home- not at the park with people pushing and shoving and as one poster described- throwing elbows- to get to the front.

Exactly. Under FP, not everyone got one. The people who got shut out arrived at the park in question later than the ones who succeeded in getting one. So timing in relation to the start of the day was the lynchpin. Now, the people who get shut out are the people who have the shorter vacations. So timing in relation to the length of stay is the lynchpin. Some prefer "first come-first served" as the winning strategy. Others prefer "my vacation is longer than yours" as the winning strategy. Certainly room for debate as to which is better. It is just that the former is more in line with how the world operates 95% of the rest of the time. (Can I say that without documented proof?)

It is just that the former is more in line with how the world operates 95% of the rest of the time. (Can I say that without documented proof?)

Nope - quicksand. ;)

Seriously, you're right. When my daughter requests her electives for school (middle school), we scan and send in the form and they time and date stamp them. First come, first, served. Perhaps that's why some of us are more comfortable with it; it's the kind of system we've been dealing with our whole lives.

Exactly. Under FP, not everyone got one. The people who got shut out arrived at the park in question later than the ones who succeeded in getting one. So timing in relation to the start of the day was the lynchpin. Now, the people who get shut out are the people who have the shorter vacations. So timing in relation to the length of stay is the lynchpin. Some prefer "first come-first served" as the winning strategy. Other prefer "my vacation is longer than yours" as the winning strategy. Certainly room for debate as to which is better. It is just that the former is more in line with how the world operates 95% of the rest of the time. (Can I say that without documented proof?)

But really its not even "shorter vacations" vs "longer vacations" Even on day 9 of a 10 day stay, thousands of people have a 1 day head start on their FPs selections.

Under legacy, every single person had the same opportunity, the same starting line to pick their FPs .... park opening. Now, that's no longer true.

Some prefer "first come-first served" as the winning strategy. Others prefer "my vacation is longer than yours" as the winning strategy. Certainly room for debate as to which is better. It is just that the former is more in line with how the world operates 95% of the rest of the time. (Can I say that without documented proof?)

I'm checking with Jim Hill.

There are no fewer people getting FP+ now than there would be under FP. It has limited availability. There are going to be a lot of people who don't get one, no matter what the system. With FP+, the "fight" to get them is in the comfort of your own home- not at the park with people pushing and shoving and as one poster described- throwing elbows- to get to the front.

It seems that, in the instance of the OP, there was not "fight" to be had in the comfort of their own home. The "fight" was over before they were allowed in the ring.

OP - keep checking the dibb site that's been linked on the boards, and see if there's an A&E FP+ Cancellation thread (kind of like the ADR cancellation threads) for the month you're going. The cancellation thread was the only way I finally managed to get A&E FP+ for our trip last Fall. Hopefully it'll help you as well!

But really its not even "shorter vacations" vs "longer vacations" Even on day 9 of a 10 day stay, thousands of people have a 1 day head start on their FPs selections.

Under legacy, every single person had the same opportunity, the same starting line to pick their FPs .... park opening. Now, that's no longer true.
All I can say to that is....

Stop%2BMaking%2BSense.png

Question for @LetsTalkWDW and @LaurenT : Is this only for people with an AP and staying on-site? So people with AP's and on=site can start booking at 74 days out (if trip is 14 day. 73 if 13 and so on). But those staying on-site without an AP can only start at 60. So I'm staying 9 days on-site in Nov. I don't have an AP so I start at 60 days but if I had an AP I could start at 69? Is that correct?
No - you still start at 60 days before your check in date. But an AP holder can do 15 (maybe 14, I know I had to wait a day and then add my last day of FPs) days right away ... So that the last day you book would be 74 or 75 days from your window open date ... After that you can continue to book one day at a time unt your entire onsite stay is covered. And yes, this is only for someone who has both an AP and an on site stay.
If you're onsite without an AP, you can book up to the length of your stay and for the number of days you have on your ticket ... So if you have an 8 day ticket but are staying for 12 days, you can pick 8 of those days to book your FPs for. Just remember that your non ap ticket is good for 14 days from the first day of use. So if you stay for 16 days and book FP for day one, you can't book for days 15 or 16. (Can Disney make it more confusing?)

It seems that, in the instance of the OP, there was not "fight" to be had in the comfort of their own home. The "fight" was over before they were allowed in the ring.

OP - keep checking the dibb site that's been linked on the boards, and see if there's an A&E FP+ Cancellation thread (kind of like the ADR cancellation threads) for the month you're going. The cancellation thread was the only way I finally managed to get A&E FP+ for our trip last Fall. Hopefully it'll help you as well!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=10123554&postcount=1

You have said a few times that you didn't like that by the time you hopped to Epcot or wherever the FPs were all gone, that wasn't fair/cool/ok according to you.

That particular dislike has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

The reason I didn't get headliners at Epcot or HS was most likely due to the fact that some people would get more than just 1 fp, often bragging about how many they could collect in the morning to use later at night and exhausting the supply. FP+ stops that. It certainly works- FP+'s for the headliners at Epcot and HS are rarely difficult to find even at the 30 day mark.

A&E is a different ballgame altogether. There isn't enough for everyone who wants one to do it even once. Demand exceeds supply regardless of the system.

And for me, I would never fight the insane crowds to get a fp- I'll take my chances online and if I don't get one- so be it. I'll stand in line if it's that important- just like we did for other character meets that had long lines and didn't offer FP+.

Exactly. Under FP, not everyone got one. The people who got shut out arrived at the park in question later than the ones who succeeded in getting one. So timing in relation to the start of the day was the lynchpin. Now, the people who get shut out are the people who have the shorter vacations. So timing in relation to the length of stay is the lynchpin. Some prefer "first come-first served" as the winning strategy. Others prefer "my vacation is longer than yours" as the winning strategy. Certainly room for debate as to which is better. It is just that the former is more in line with how the world operates 95% of the rest of the time. (Can I say that without documented proof?)

That depends. :-)

That particular dislike has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

The reason I didn't get headliners at Epcot or HS was most likely due to the fact that some people would get more than just 1 fp, often bragging about how many they could collect in the morning to use later at night and exhausting the supply. FP+ stops that. It certainly works- FP+'s for the headliners at Epcot and HS are rarely difficult to find even at the 30 day mark.

A&E is a different ballgame altogether. There isn't enough for everyone who wants one to do it even once. Demand exceeds supply regardless of the system.

And for me, I would never fight the insane crowds to get a fp- I'll take my chances online and if I don't get one- so be it. I'll stand in line if it's that important- just like we did for other character meets that had long lines and didn't offer FP+.

Two things:
(1) You have no way of knowing why you couldn't get a FP at Epcot when you showed up at 4 in the afternoon. I appreciate that you believe it was because people were double dipping. The truth is you have no way of knowing. I don't either, but I would posit this theory: it's because you showed up at 4 in the afternoon ... In a park woefully lacking in "ride-type" attractions.

(2) You would never fight the insane crowds to get FP-? I thought you tried to get them at 4 in the afternoon in Epcot, but they were out? Regardless, I promise, promise, promise you - I never saw an insane crowd for legacy FPs or had to fight anyone for anything. I waited my turn and put my cards in and the paper was spit out and I was on my way. I saw congested areas. I definitely saw people. They were pretty nice and orderly though. I never saw anyone who looked insane and I never saw a single fight. I am prone to claustrophobia. I assure you I would not have hurled myself headlong into an insane crowd.

FP and FP+ are not the same thing. I was referring to how difficult A&E would be to obtain under the old system.

Hope that clears up your confusion.
But there is some data suggesting FPP are held back & released for Day guests. Keep checking MDE & esp be on the lookout on day of.

Thanks!! Didn't mean to cause a fuss, it was just my first time ever trying for a popular one and I felt very confused! Now I understand how it's working!
Thank you!!!

Thanks!! Didn't mean to cause a fuss, it was just my first time ever trying for a popular one and I felt very confused! Now I understand how it's working!

Thank you!!!

No fuss - no worries.

Posts like yours are helpful. I'm in the process of gauging what may or may not be available for my upcoming trip. It seemed as though availability had gotten a bit better, but now it seems the reverse *may* be true. All information is helpful.

Another thing that was nice about legacy FP, is that you could hand someone your fastpasses, if they didn't work with your dinner ressies, or you got sunburn, and it made a magical moment for you and them!...Even the surprise Fastpasses for Philharmagic made me giddy!(even though they were totally unnecessary.)

Another thing that was nice about legacy FP, is that you could hand someone your fastpasses, if they didn't work with your dinner ressies, or you got sunburn, and it made a magical moment for you and them!...Even the surprise Fastpasses for Philharmagic made me giddy!(even though they were totally unnecessary.)

Did that for some folks at DHS late in the afternoon - TSMM. I'm not sure they knew how lucky there were! It did feel good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter