FP gone so fast??

Status
Not open for further replies.
But for every report of someone who managed to get what they want in the end, how many were unable to? There's no way to define it as "equal opportunity" when others can legitimately take all of the available FPs before you are even eligible to attempt getting one.

And how much extra time and aggravation did it cost them?

But for every report of someone who managed to get what they want in the end, how many were unable to? There's no way to define it as "equal opportunity" when others can legitimately take all of the available FPs before you are even eligible to attempt getting one.

Don't use a quote from another poster and give me credit for having said it.

Don't use a quote from another poster and give me credit for having said it.

1. I did not give you credit for saying that... just referring to a general theme that is prevalent in the debate. I said there's no way to define it as that. I didn't say that YOU defined it that way.

2. I'm certain if I take the time to go back and peruse this thread, I'll find at least one post where you did, indeed, defend that position. So whether or not you originated that line of debate, at least own up to which side you've been debating on.

ETA: My bad, the bulk of the "equal opportunity" discussion was in a similar thread, not this one. Here are a few samples:

No it wasn't.
Legacy FP was equal opportunity for everyone IF.....
I had the same opportunity as everyone else that chose to do what they had to do to get a FP. And the same thing can be said of FP+. If you want a near guarantee of getting a FP+ for anything, there are choices you can make to insure that- just as there has always been.
We made the choice that touring the way we wanted to was more important than getting a particular fp. People who choose to stay off site or who make the choice to stay shorter amounts of time make the choice that those things are more important to them than getting an A&E or SDMT FP+- because really, those are the only 2 rides that are affected much.

Last edited:
Exactly- the chance still exists until the trip is virtually over. And I'd venture more often than not, people end up finding what they need.

Glad it worked out for you OP!

To the bold, all due respect, but there's no way for anyone to know whether that's true.

What is true, is that if you don't at first get the FPs you're looking for, you can try again a thousand times or more ... as you say, until your trip is virtually over. That is a double-edged sword.

2. I'm certain if I take the time to go back and peruse this thread, I'll find at least one post where you did, indeed, defend that position. So whether or not you originated that line of debate, at least own up to which side you've been debating on.

You really should check before you make accusations, because you won't find a single word about this issue on this thread from me. And it's never been my position.

Your examples to prove your point that you dug out from another thread don't prove it at all. I never said everyone has equal access to FP+. I said everyone has equal access to the choices that will insure FP+ availability. There's a big difference there.

I am not going to continue to discuss points that are discussed in other threads on this one. If you wish to discuss those points, I'd suggest posting in that thread. Otherwise we are done.

I simply wanted to point out that your accusations were unwarranted and untrue.

Last edited:
If you cannot find FP+ for your whole party try to add it to one person at a time, trying to find times that overlap. I just did this for my own trip since I had last minute changes, and was able to get 4 7DMT FP+ for my whole party even though it said "distribution has ended for the day"

BTW, I think its ridiculous that the system has to be worked like this. Not at all user friendly. How much did your times overlap? Ending up with a 15 minute FP window would stress me out.

You're posing a scenario in an "if" as if it makes your point, when that's not what happened. They did not run out at 60 days. They did not hit the availability until a few days later. So everyone had the same chance. We have proven over and over again that Disney opens up Fast Passes in batches. Some percentage goes on the market at 60+10, but then more go on consistently later. So if you get on at 60 and any are released, you should be able to get in then, but then even if not, you can, if you choose, continue to look and will most likely get them anyways. This was us w A&E. Got them well into the 60-day period w/ no problem. And then still barring that, if you are so committed to seeing A&E and you just cannot get any due to luck of the draw, you can still (just like in FP- days) show up at rope drop and go there first. There is no case to be made that a resort guest is getting locked out of seeing A&E. FP+ makes the A&E situation much better. Do you not remember the pre-FP+ days of A&E? It was horrendous.

Nice try though. :)

Do you have source for that? Because I don't think it's ever been proven.

And are you telling me that FP+ doesn't work as advertised? Because my 60+10 FP window is the perk that Disney sells me as an onsite guest.

Glad to know however, that I have the same opportunity to check the website numerous times a day just to see if I'm lucky enough to snag some though.

You're posing a scenario in an "if" as if it makes your point, when that's not what happened. They did not run out at 60 days. They did not hit the availability until a few days later. So everyone had the same chance. We have proven over and over again that Disney opens up Fast Passes in batches. Some percentage goes on the market at 60+10, but then more go on consistently later. So if you get on at 60 and any are released, you should be able to get in then, but then even if not, you can, if you choose, continue to look and will most likely get them anyways. This was us w A&E. Got them well into the 60-day period w/ no problem. And then still barring that, if you are so committed to seeing A&E and you just cannot get any due to luck of the draw, you can still (just like in FP- days) show up at rope drop and go there first. There is no case to be made that a resort guest is getting locked out of seeing A&E. FP+ makes the A&E situation much better. Do you not remember the pre-FP+ days of A&E? It was horrendous.

Nice try though. :)

I have seen other posters allege this. I have never seen any source or authority for this. I would love for it to be true, though. It would make me feel better about my chance of getting FPs for my upcoming trip, even though I'm staying offsite.

You really should check before you make accusations, because you won't find a single word about this issue on this thread from me. And it's never been my position.

Your examples to prove your point that you dug out from another thread don't prove it at all. I never said everyone has equal access to FP+. I said everyone has equal access to the choices that will insure FP+ availability. There's a big difference there.

I am not going to continue to discuss points that are discussed in other threads on this one. If you wish to discuss those points, I'd suggest posting in that thread. Otherwise we are done.

I simply wanted to point out that your accusations were unwarranted and untrue.

1. No "accusation" was made. I merely implored you to take ownership of your own posts rather than disavowing them.

2. Whether you posted it on this or another thread, they are YOUR words.

3. I stated clearly that I was mistaken about those posts being in THIS thread. Nevertheless, they exist.

4. You clearly see a distinction in the way you are parsing your own words. I'll let others be the judge of whether they agree. The ongoing debate was about whether FP+ offered "equal opportunity" to get the FPs. Having equal opportunity to make the "choices that will insure FP+ availability" means that everyone CAN insure they get the FPs they want. And that is the same as saying that the system offers equal opportunity to get the FPs, which is simply not true.

5. Obviously, you will continue to backpedal and twist words like a contortionist to support your position, so I agree there's no point in continuing the conversation.

Obviously, you will continue to backpedal and twist words like a contortionist to support your infallibility, so I agree there's no point in continuing the conversation.

Silly me, expecting an "I'm sorry, I was wrong".

Again, if you wish to discuss that issue, there is a thread existing for it.

I have seen other posters allege this. I have never seen any source or authority for this.
My real-life experience has shown they don't hold back any FPs for later release, especially not for same-day FPs at kiosks. I looked for this throughout our recent 2 week trip over the 4th of July.

We used bands that were linked to our stay as well as unlinked bands, so it was easy to see the availability or lack thereof correlate.

Silly me, expecting an "I'm sorry, I was wrong".

See #3 above where I admit I was wrong about the location of your posts. As far as an apology... I'm sorry for shining a light on your previous posts that contradict your current claims?

P.S. I thought we were done? I guess that doesn't occur until you bait enough to get a "reportable" post?

See #3 above where I admit I was wrong about the location of your posts. As far as an apology... I'm sorry for shining a light on your previous posts that contradict your current claims?

P.S. I thought we were done? I guess that doesn't occur until you bait enough to get a "reportable" post?

Not worth the points. Have a great day!

Not worth the points. Have a great day!

Cakebaker,
I sincerely apologize for mistakenly attributing to you the position that FP+ provides "equal opportunity" to everyone to get FPs. Thank you for clarifying that this has never been your position and that you agree with me that FP+ is NOT "equal opportunity." Again, I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. I misinterpreted your posts as being supportive of the notion that FP+ was "equal opportunity" but you've clarified that this isn't your position. I was wrong about thinking it was.

Girls, Girls you are both pretty!
Who you callin' a girl?????

Closed as some folks need to learn how to use the ignore feature and step off their soap boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter