FP gone so fast??

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is some data suggesting FPP are held back & released for Day guests. Keep checking MDE & esp be on the lookout on day of.

I believe this was put to rest some time ago. The system started out like this, and they stopped this practise.

They have on the other hand been known to release blocks of FPs for popular attractions that were already taken, they did this around Christmas this past year a few weeks out.

I believe this was put to rest some time ago. The system started out like this, and they stopped this practise.

They have on the other hand been known to release blocks of FPs for popular attractions that were already taken, they did this around Christmas this past year a few weeks out.
Yes, they definitely don't hold back for same day FPs. We just got back from 2 weeks at WDW and there were not suddenly available FPs for TSMM, Soarin', or Test Track immediately after rope drop at kiosks. We checked.

There is no "fight" to get them, if they are gone before you even get the chance to get one ... which, funny enough, you also had under the Legacy FP system, which you have said repeatedly you didn't like. If you didn't want to "fight" for an FP under legacy, you didn't have to, it was optional, no need to pull FPs. (and you got to enjoy shorter SBs while you were at it).

I'm still wondering where this "fight" was. LOL - there was never a fight to get legacy FPs. I'm wondering what people are envisioning.

That particular dislike has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

The reason I didn't get headliners at Epcot or HS was most likely due to the fact that some people would get more than just 1 fp, often bragging about how many they could collect in the morning to use later at night and exhausting the supply. FP+ stops that. It certainly works- FP+'s for the headliners at Epcot and HS are rarely difficult to find even at the 30 day mark.

A&E is a different ballgame altogether. There isn't enough for everyone who wants one to do it even once. Demand exceeds supply regardless of the system.

And for me, I would never fight the insane crowds to get a fp- I'll take my chances online and if I don't get one- so be it. I'll stand in line if it's that important- just like we did for other character meets that had long lines and didn't offer FP+.

Just asking for some clarity here, which might provide some context to the experiences you have shared on the boards ...

The bold above seems to imply that you wouldn't have gone to RD to grab FPs, or gone through heavy crowds and waiting in lines (if there were some) to pull legacy FP.

I could very much see why legacy FP didn't work for you well if you didn't even try to take advantage of it or were intimidated off by the potential of crowds or fights or whatever ...

Of course, even RDing and doing the one ride people used to complain about TSMM, we never had to run for it, or fight crowds, just walk over and pull and FP, if you were there at RD you got and FP for the morning, we never pulled anything later than 12. No fuss, not fights, no nothing, just walk over and put your ticket in.

I'm still wondering where this "fight" was. LOL - there was never a fight to get legacy FPs. I'm wondering what people are envisioning.
Even for TSMM, the fastest to run out, they usually lasted until noon.

I know, the characterization is pretty comical. The fight, or the "mad rush" or the "battle" or whatever ... literally never experienced it. Now, I wonder if we would have if 7DMT opened under legacy FP ... but regardless we ended up seeing the same thing for SB for that ride I would imagine, the same as A&E ... because some people pre-reserve the entire capacity of FPs for the day, it makes the people there at RD all the more desperate I am sure.

But there is some data suggesting FPP are held back & released for Day guests. Keep checking MDE & esp be on the lookout on day of.

We did.not find this to be the case on our November trip. I kept looking for slots to open up leading up to and after RD, as we wanted to make our 4:25p time earlier if at all possible to hop to ws for the last night of the f&w festival. No slots ever turned up on the app that morning.

We did.not find this to be the case on our November trip. I kept looking for slots to open up leading up to and after RD, as we wanted to make our 4:25p time earlier if at all possible to hop to ws for the last night of the f&w festival. No slots ever turned up on the app that morning.
That was also what we found over the last 2 weeks for bands that had no advance FP+s on them and were only used for same day FPs.

It is the same thing in a way, the difference is that instead of having just that one chance at a FP on the morning of park visit, they now have the "opportunity" to keep trying before the trip and things do open up from time to time.

Either way it's stinks!
My experience with my last visit was that people book multiple fps until they finalize their agenda or the number of fps needed changes. Keep checking; not fun but usually successful.

Or how people who don't do rope drop know what it was actually like.
Never had a fight or an insane crowd at rope drop either. Sure, it's a lot of people. But they're all pretty nice and orderly.

I'm talking about what the conditions would be if attempting to get a fp now with A&E.

Or how people who don't do rope drop know what it was actually like.

We do rope drop at some park every morning we're at WDW almost without exception. We did it with paper fp as well. We simply don't go where the crowds are going, but I know quite well what the conditions are like.

Again- I was talking about what it would possibly look like now with A&E. I'm not sure if it was this thread or not, but there was a poster conjecturing about thrown elbows, pushing and shoving. I don't think it was too far off the mark.

Pushing, shoving, throwing elbows? Wow. Can't say I've ever seen that behavior in any Disney park at any time. I've been at my fair share of RDs (most before Dd, but some after too)..it was never anything but.orderly. we were even at the front rope in DLR when getting to TSMM at DCA's RD was a big deal, and I remember it as very organized and calm.

This is absolutely true. Though there is a bit of human nature that causes one to prefer this system because success is completely within one's own control. Under the old system, if your belly was pressed up against the turnstile before RD, you would have had a 100% chance of securing a FP for A&E. As you point out, there would have been a finite number of people needed to wipe out the FPs in 30 minutes. All you had to do to secure one was be among that number. And all that took was an alarm clock. It would have been messy, and ugly, and tiresome with elbows being thrown and strollers running over feet. But there are actually people who prefer that. Just like there are people who run with bulls in Pampalona.

This was the type of rope drop scene I was referring to. Some may disagree with JimmyV's opinion on what it may or may not have looked like, but I don't.

I'm talking about what the conditions would be if attempting to get a fp now with A&E.
Wouldn't think it would be much different than how it was when TSMM opened. No way to really know though. Still not sure what good it does to talk about how we think things might have been under an old system, or what that has to do with OP's post.

Anyway, for informational purposes, on our first trip post TSMM, we walked there with the masses, pulled FPs, then rode it. Next trip, I didn't ride it, but the family did. We walked there with the masses, my husband and daughter rode, I got FPs, then went and had an egg sandwich and a drink while I waited on them. It was not a harrowing experience.

Pushing, shoving, throwing elbows? Wow. Can't say I've ever seen that behavior in any Disney park at any time. I've been at my fair share of RDs (most before Dd, but some after too)..it was never anything but.orderly. we were even at the front rope in DLR when getting to TSMM at DCA's RD was a big deal, and I remember it as very organized and calm.
Me neither. We've been at the front of rope drop, in the middle and bringing up the rear. We've gone where the masses go (Soarin, Test Track, TSMM, New Fantasyland), and veered away from the masses at times. Never saw a fight or pushing or shoving or elbows anywhere that elbows shouldn't be.

Regardless, I don't understand the utility in crafting a fictional account of what *might have been*. Is it because we need something ugly to compare FP+ to? I'm all for actual comparisons, but creating comparisons out of things that never were, probably never will be .... not sure where this is getting us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter