Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Don't be fooled by the Admissions and Blockout Calendar. It has shown the 4th as available today for both parks, but you can't make reservations on any of those dates (display only).

The clickable calendar in the app is the active one, and the 4th has been constantly blocked out for Disneyland there every check I made since I started planning a trip out three weeks ago.

The clickable calendar in the app is the active one, and the 4th has been constantly blocked out for Disneyland there every check I made since I started planning a trip out three weeks ago.

Yes, you could be right. I don't have a Flex pass, so I can't check the "official" calendar.

At this instant (9:52pm Disneyland time), the Disneyland website is showing July 4 available.

Yes, you could be right. I don't have a Flex pass, so I can't check the "official" calendar.

Just as I see this, I saw your follow-up verified on the active calendar.

I was able to cancel our CA-only rez for tomorrow and score both parks, five minutes before 10 p.m.

AND the 4th is still open for both parks now. Wow.

Last edited:

I was able to cancel our CA-only rez for tomorrow and score both parks, five minutes before 10 p.m. Wow.

Most excellent news. I'm living vicariously through your posts.

Disneyland has been available for at least the last 15 minutes. I bet there have been a bunch of last minute cancellations.

If I was a Deluxe passholder, I'd be very annoyed right now. The Deluxe costs $200 more than the Flex, but the Deluxe will be blocked out of Disneyland for most of the summer.

Most excellent news. I'm living vicariously through your posts.

Disneyland has been available for at least the last 15 minutes. I bet there have been a bunch of last minute cancellations.

If I was a Deluxe passholder, I'd be very annoyed right now. The Deluxe costs $200 more than the Flex, but the Deluxe will be blocked out of Disneyland for most of the summer.

This is just crazy. We've been telling the kids since the beginning of June to backload everything they wanted to do in CA for the 4th, as it would be our last day of our vacay and we would be confined there, unable to enter DL.

Now, two hours before the cancellation deadline, everything is open to us again. When the Thanksgiving res window opens, I can foresee a mad game of machine-gunning Refresh in lines and other awkward places for such in-demand future dates.

Looks like we can go all in on the water rides tomorrow. Any news on special DL Independence Day celebrations?

Any news on special DL Independence Day celebrations?

I'm actually a Canuck and not a Yank, so our big day is July 1 (Canada Day) which was totally rained out this year. You'll probably have better luck tomorrow than we did.

In 2017, we flew into LAX at 9pm on July 4th and took a bus to Anaheim. I was amazed that fireworks were visible in all directions all the way to Anaheim. You Yanks certainly like your fireworks.

We were in Disneyland on July 4th six or so years ago. I don't recall there being any special events. I think there might have been a special fireworks show. I do recall that Disneyland reached capacity that day, so even though we were annual passholders we had to get our hands stamped to be allowed back into the park.

I don't know if there is anything special planned for tomorrow. But every day at Disneyland is special...

It is now 5:30am July 4, Disneyland time, and Disneyland is not available for today, but CA is.

The Disneyland website is also showing that neither park is available on August 3rd. I assume they are again using a slash to indicate the end of the 30 day booking window.

@MrLincoln and all others in the parks today: I hope you have a wonderful time. I'll be joining you in 26 days.

Incidentally, today would be an excellent day for all Americans who are at Disneyland to take in "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln". Considering the current political climate in the US, I think all Americans should take the opportunity to hear the great words, spoken by a great man, about a great country.

Happy Independence Day, everyone, and God Bless America.

It will be interesting to see if there is any change today, since it's the 1st day where it's continuing to show as blocked after park opening. Disney appeared to override on the GE public opening morning for a couple of hours, but then put it back available when crowds did not materialize. Will that happen today if it doesn't get as busy as they are projecting it to be later in the day?

Has anyone activated a flex pass in the last week or two that can speak to whether the pass starts when you purchase or when you activate? I’ve seen both reported on Facebook.

This is just crazy. We've been telling the kids since the beginning of June to backload everything they wanted to do in CA for the 4th, as it would be our last day of our vacay and we would be confined there, unable to enter DL.

Now, two hours before the cancellation deadline, everything is open to us again. When the Thanksgiving res window opens, I can foresee a mad game of machine-gunning Refresh in lines and other awkward places for such in-demand future dates.

Looks like we can go all in on the water rides tomorrow. Any news on special DL Independence Day celebrations?
There’s a firework pre show to the first woc at DCA and Disneyland will present their 4th of July fireworks tonight instead of Disneyland forever.

Does anyone know if you can enter the park on your flex pass first day of use without making a reservation? Just like you were able to enter on a blockout day when using your AP for the first time.

Does anyone know if you can enter the park on your flex pass first day of use without making a reservation? Just like you were able to enter on a blockout day when using your AP for the first time.

From all reports, no, it does not work that way. You have to make a reservation for entry even if purchase and first entry occur on the same day.

We have 5 day hoppers we were originally planning to purchase MP for all at once, save the receipt, and upgrade to APs on the last day (and credit the MP toward MP for the AP). But since the flex pass has so much availability, I'm thinking of upgrading to APs on our first day (after we've used the magic morning). I still want MP and would rather just buy MP from the app that morning. A few people have said they won't credit MP when you buy from the app because you need a receipt. But I noticed I received an email receipt for each day I bought MP in december through the app. Do you think I could show my emailed receipt and get the credit? I'm trying to reduce the amount of time and number of trips I have to spend at the ticket booth!

Hmmmm, or what if I enter the park for magic morning and upgrade to the AP from the app and buy MP for the AP immediately? Would that work, upgrading to flex pass if I'm already in the park and don't have a current reservation for the day?

It should but make sure to make a reservation for the day so you can re enter if you exit

I am planning on buying the flex pass online before my next trip. One of the days will require a reservation, are you able to make those, before you activate your pass at the gate?

I am planning on buying the flex pass online before my next trip. One of the days will require a reservation, are you able to make those, before you activate your pass at the gate?

Yes, however, your Flex Pass will be activated when you make a reservation. So your Fast Pass will expire 1 year from the day you make your first reservation, as opposed to 1 year from the first day you use your pass in the park.

I dont know how it happened, but my brother went to Disneyland yesterday with only California reserved on the app. The first thing he did was pick up the physical passes at the ticket booth and change the expiration date to July 4th.

He mentioned a supervisor helped him out, but Im not sure if they gave him a blackout pass or added a reservation for them. Discounts, maxpass, and other AP perks worked as intended during the day as well.

Thank you! If you have time to report back how that goes, I’d appreciate it
Reporting back, by phone while on the road ( please forgive the typos ):

I forgot to try this until 4 PM on Thursday. While in line for the Matterhorn Bobsleds, I booked a reservation for Saturday, July 6th, a third consecutive day. I was entirely successful booking a reservation for both parks. So, while I didn’t do it first thing in the morning after passing through the turn styles, I didn’t have to wait until Friday morning. hope this helps!

It is now 5:30am July 4, Disneyland time, and Disneyland is not available for today, but CA is.

The Disneyland website is also showing that neither park is available on August 3rd. I assume they are again using a slash to indicate the end of the 30 day booking window.

@MrLincoln and all others in the parks today: I hope you have a wonderful time. I'll be joining you in 26 days.

Incidentally, today would be an excellent day for all Americans who are at Disneyland to take in "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln". Considering the current political climate in the US, I think all Americans should take the opportunity to hear the great words, spoken by a great man, about a great country.

Happy Independence Day, everyone, and God Bless America.
Yes, we did! On Thursday we watched both the Flag Retreat and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

Super awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter