Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

All I know is we were unable to book Sunday until sometime early Saturday morning. As posted above, even at 12:01am on Saturday we were still unable to book Sunday. And I tried ALL DAY Friday after scanning into the park. A cast member told us 7am Saturday, but that wasn’t correct either because my husband booked Sunday Saturday morning at 5am. 🤷‍♀️ We are going back in July for another long weekend, so we’ll try it again and see what happens. Who knows.
Thanks for bringing this up! I'm learning new stuff in the process/dialog. :)

Was anyone able to make a reservation for 8/2? I jumped on the app at 1 am and it was already full for both parks. I'm wondering if everyone is trying to see MSEP or if Disney blocked it in anticipation of the parks being full

Was anyone able to make a reservation for 8/2? I jumped on the app at 1 am and it was already full for both parks. I'm wondering if everyone is trying to see MSEP or if Disney blocked it in anticipation of the parks being full
It isn't presently showing a slash for any date, including 7/4! Best guess is that 8/2 was still beyond the 30-day window at the time you checked. (That is, the system hadn't released it yet.)

EDITED TO ADD at 9:06a PDT: 7/4 has returned to "unavailable," indicated with the slash, for Disneyland only. DCA remains available.

Last edited:

It isn't presently showing a slash for any date, including 7/4! Best guess is that 8/2 was still beyond the 30-day window at the time you checked. (That is, the system hadn't released it yet.)
Thanks so much. It is now available which makes me think the powers that be unblocked it (since the 4th is now magically available)

4th is still showing unavailable for me for DL and Both Parks. DCA is available but it was never unavailable...

4th is still showing unavailable for me for DL and Both Parks. DCA is available but it was never unavailable...
There was a window of time, this morning, where DL became available ... and then, by 9:06a PT, returned to "unavailable."

@Reepicheep, @Skyegirl1999 et al, interesting how dynamic the Flex thresholds are, hmm? I'm pretty encouraged to see that a given date, once marked "unavailable" is so frequently flipped back and forth. That gives me hope for future dates and planning!

Yes, very interesting!

I was sure, when the Flex pass was first announced, that all summer reservations would be snapped up 30 days ahead of time. The way it looks now, a person could buy a flex pass and go into Disneyland each day over the summer following a strategy of, on a daily basis, booking a reservation two days in the future.

If this pattern continues, then I won't be surprised if a bunch of people replace their Signature and Deluxe passports with the much cheaper Flex pass. But that could cause my fear of all flex days being reserved 30 days ahead of time to come to pass.

I bet the situation will totally change in the summer of 2020, once more flex passes are sold.

We have 5 day passes which we will be using at the end of July/start of August. The big decision I will have to make is whether to convert the passes to Flex passes, and hope that we can book multiple consecutive days in early and mid July of 2020.

The 4th is available again. It’ll be interesting to see how long it stays available again...

I'm writing this at 8:30pm Disneyland time (approximately 30 minutes after your post) and July 4 is no longer available. I guess two things are happening right now:

(1) people have until midnight tonight Disneyland time to cancel their reservations for tomorrow without being declared a "no show", so that is what some people must be doing

(2) the cancelled reservations are quickly being snapped up by people who want to go to Disneyland tomorrow.

Definitely interesting.

Just for CA, apparently. Disneyland is still blocked out tomorrow on my Flex calendar.

I'll have to take your word on that, then. I've never seen it open up.

Interesting. Agreed ... back to "unavailable."
This is a pretty narrow window of flip-flop ... I'm pretty impressed that Disney's IT can handle this many transactions. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter