Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

When I purchased it online, the expiration showed as a year from the purchase date. However, when I picked up the cards at the ticket booth, the folks there changed it to a year from first use.

When I purchased it online, the expiration showed as a year from the purchase date. However, when I picked up the cards at the ticket booth, the folks there changed it to a year from first use.
Great, thank you! So you have to go to the ticket booth to get the physical pass?

Yes, though you don't need the permanent passes to enter the park. The ticket booth was very busy, so I showed my online pass/ticket printouts at the gate and they scanned them and gave us physical tickets. That's what we showed to get the dining and merch discounts. (We already had MaxPass added to our passes.) Later when we were taking a break, I went back to the ticket booth, which was less busy, and traded the tickets in for our permanent passes. That's also when they updated the expiration dates.

We purchased a 5 day park hopper, first use was June 23. Upgraded to a flex and our expiration date is June 22. We did not get 366 days.

We purchased a 5 day park hopper, first use was June 23. Upgraded to a flex and our expiration date is June 22. We did not get 366 days.

Did you have any Maxpass credit applied to your upgrade?
If so, did you purchase MP in advance, or at the gate each day?

Did you have any Maxpass credit applied to your upgrade?
If so, did you purchase MP in advance, or at the gate each day?
We had not purchased the MP. The CM who upgraded us asked if we had MP, and then said something about it being a lot easier that we didn't have it. She indicated that she would have needed to get a supervisor to come do some manipulation, but it sounded like we would have been given credit for any MP cost.

We had not purchased the MP. The CM who upgraded us asked if we had MP, and then said something about it being a lot easier that we didn't have it. She indicated that she would have needed to get a supervisor to come do some manipulation, but it sounded like we would have been given credit for any MP cost.
Is it easier to add when you buy the flex pass or to add to it when you pick up physical pass?

Thanks for that. The official policy on DL Web site (Maxpass T&C) says MP purchased after gate entry will not be credited. It must be bought at the time of ticket purchase.

But there have been reports of people being credited. It's not clear to me if they were credited only for the MP purchase on the day of upgrade, or for multiple days. Since the CM said a supervisor would be needed to override, it sounds like it's at least possible. The puzzle continues!

Last edited:
Is it easier to add when you buy the flex pass or to add to it when you pick up physical pass?
Sorry, we were upgrading from a 5 day to the pass at the park kiosk, so purchase and pick up happened right there together.

Are people having luck with it being adjusted to a year from the first date of use instead of the date of purchase?

The flex pass shows 365 days until expiration or first use at time of purchase. Once you actually enter a park it resets to 365 days from that date. Reservations do not constitute use. I have purchased 2 on site at the ticket booth and 2 from the website months apart. Had reservations 30 days before our visit on the 2 from website and all 4 now shows expiration of 7/14/2020. We went on 7/14 first use.
Before I purchased, I called AP services-had a text chat-and lastly emailed for verification of expiration dates and they all confirmed this.

My wife and I are going to Disneyland at the end of February 2020 for our 15th wedding anniversary and then we plan on going back with the whole family in either January or early February 2021. I have been to Disneyland many times but never twice in a years period.

I looked on the Disneyland site and couldn't find an answer.

I know some of the annual passes can only be purchased by people in California.

Can I purchase a Flex Passport living in Oregon?

I am wondering a few things about the Flex Passport:
1. Does it count as one reservation or two if I want to park hop on a day that isn't "free to go" for either park?
2. Is the availability on the public admission & blockout dates page accurate? It seems that there's no more reservations for one day in August but other days are all good? Just want to check that reservation availability is indeed pretty good.
3. Is it possible to make same-day reservations or do they need to made at least the day before?
4. Can you make another reservation after your first one in the 30 day window? Ex. I want to go to the parks 3 days in a row and all three days require reservations. Can I reserve the first two days and then after visiting the parks on the first day, reserve day 3?

1. If you make a "Both Parks" reservation, it only counts as 1.
2. You can only book 30 Days in advance. They will put a line through the 31st Day, but it will open up 30 days before that day.
3. You can make same day reservations if they still have availability.
4. After the conclusion of your reserved day, i.e. Midnight, you will again be able to make another reservation. Some have reported that they had it open earlier in the day, but that seems to be the exception.

1. If you make a "Both Parks" reservation, it only counts as 1.
2. You can only book 30 Days in advance. They will put a line through the 31st Day, but it will open up 30 days before that day.
3. You can make same day reservations if they still have availability.
4. After the conclusion of your reserved day, i.e. Midnight, you will again be able to make another reservation. Some have reported that they had it open earlier in the day, but that seems to be the exception.

We have used our Flex Passes several times this summer. Each time I was able to make new reservations for my husband, daughter, and I right after I entered the park.

Have any signature or signature plus Passholders renewed down to the Flex pass? I heard if you do you can keep your parking for $250. I just want to make sure that is true. I might be interested in the flex pass next year when I renew depending on how fast reservations fill up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter