FAQ for Disneyland Brides

thanks for the help. :)

Does the Escape wedding offer an add-on reception? Or is it just the ceremony? Trying to make the decision between a wishes wedding or an escape one!

thanks for the help. :)

Does the Escape wedding offer an add-on reception? Or is it just the ceremony? Trying to make the decision between a wishes wedding or an escape one!

If you are doing the wedding at Disneyland then the.escape wedding includes a 3 course meal for you your groom and 24 guests. No more than that. If you look at the Disney weddings website and pick California Disneyland they list the things you get for the inclusive price of $5,000.00 if you check out kipperoo's planning journal its the Disneyland escape for December 2011 she lists everything on there. If you want the wishes wedding look into mindyjoy's planning journal for some of the stuff you can get or her blog. Hope that helps, the two wonderful ladies I mentioned have really filled in the gaps I had when thinking about a wedding at the resort.

Hey There! The Disneyland Escape package includes a ceremony and reception with a 3 course plated lunch, champagne (1 bottle) or Sparkling Apple Cider (2 bottles) for a toast, a two tier cake, Bridal Bouquet and Groom's Boutonniere, including all Service charges and tax for $5,000. For mine, I added enough champagne for everyone to have 2-3 glasses during lunch, plus a sound system for the reception, and mine is under $5500 inclusive for all of that. It doesn't include extra decor (centerpieces, extra floral for wedding party, or ceremony decorations (apart from chairs). It does include standard hotel chairs, tables in whatever configuration you'd like, linens, chargers, water, tea, coffee, a dance floor (depending on reception location), and an officiant for the ceremony.

Most add-ons are available for a price plus tax and service charge. It also doesn't include photography.

I'm excited to start reading these forums!
I just got engaged at Disneyland, 4 days ago, in the Dream Suite and then a celebration dinner at Club 33....
Now all I can think of is a Disneyland Wedding!
Any tips about what to bring to an appointment? I haven't made one yet but very close to doing so!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I'm excited to start reading these forums!
I just got engaged at Disneyland, 4 days ago, in the Dream Suite and then a celebration dinner at Club 33....
Now all I can think of is a Disneyland Wedding!
Any tips about what to bring to an appointment? I haven't made one yet but very close to doing so!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

hi Haute! Congrats on your engagement. Wow, the Dream Suite! I'm sure it will be an occasion to remember.

You don't really have to bring anything to your first appointment, which is a site visit. Maybe bring a pen and paper to take notes and a camera!

Also if you are on Facebook, join the Disneyland Brides group (just search "Disneyland Brides" in the search bar). We can try to answer any questions you have!

I also wrote a little blog post about my Disneyland planning so far; maybe it will help you! http://budgetfairytale.blogspot.com/p/considering-disneyland-wedding-click.html

Take care and happy planning! :bride:

I try to add or find the Disneyland Brides group on fb and can not find it.

I requested to join the group. :lovestruc:goodvibes

We're still stuck deciding between a Wishes wedding and an Escape. In July--depending on a work promotion!!!--we're going to send out mock save-the-dates to see how many people would be able to attend. If it's under the limit for the Escape, we'll just do that one.

Either way we're buying 1 day park tickets for our guests as their wedding gifts. But that's a surprise. :cloud9:

For the Escape wedding, does anyone know if the meal plan is chicken OR steak as a whole or whether the individual guest can choose between chicken and steak?

It is a whole. You as the paying patron, choose which one to provide to the guests of your wedding. But from what I hear you can mix and match between the menu's

Thank you. :) That's wonderful. I suppose I'd have to do a poll then to decide what everyone would be most comfortable eating. (I prefer chicken, my fiance prefers steak...but I'd eat steak before he'd eat chicken!) :rolleyes1

Your welcome, I would prefer steak and not chicken, and I'm truly not to fond of the salads they offer but I believe if you work with them they might be able to give you options. And about your fiance its worth making sure he is happy with the food since you will be happy with everything else :rolleyes1

Oh yes. He is giving me everything I want with this wedding and is jumping in feet first with the Disney theme. The very least I can do is agree to eat steak one night. :)

yes yes. I love that my other half is allowing me to have whatever I want (with in our budget of course) and allowing me to get so excited about having our wedding at Disneyland and it helps that he LOVES the idea just as much as I do. So since he gives his opinions, I take them and factor them in to our day, because after all its not just mine.:rotfl::lovestruc

We picked the steak menu, but DF's dad is allergic to strawberries. When I asked Michelle if we could have a different dessert for him, she offered to just change out the dessert on our menu for the creme brulee from the chicken menu. There was no charge for this, and I'm pretty sure as long as you're switching for similar things on the other menu, they should be pretty accommodating. :)

I don't know if this is allowed for Escape weddings, but you can ask to taste both dishes (the steak and the chicken) at the food tasting. You should also be able to ask for a vegetarian/vegan option if you need one. One of my friends is vegan so they are giving me a vegan dish to try at the tasting.

hi everyone!! great information on here. I am starting to plan our 5 yr vow renewal at disneyland. We have a verry small wedding and this has always been my dream. I am thinking escape option i hope its still there with the same options in 2013 (cross my fingers lol). Does anyone have sugestion for photographers. Is there any option anywhere to have a profesional session in the parks ?? not in wedding atire just with family kinda like engagement shoots that i have seen Also if anyone knows more about the peirside pavillion for the ceremony. I have seen pics of weddings there but it sorta looks like a ton of upgrades so what is the basic look there. Thanks so much !!

hi everyone!! great information on here. I am starting to plan our 5 yr vow renewal at disneyland. We have a verry small wedding and this has always been my dream. I am thinking escape option i hope its still there with the same options in 2013 (cross my fingers lol). Does anyone have sugestion for photographers. Is there any option anywhere to have a profesional session in the parks ?? not in wedding atire just with family kinda like engagement shoots that i have seen Also if anyone knows more about the peirside pavillion for the ceremony. I have seen pics of weddings there but it sorta looks like a ton of upgrades so what is the basic look there. Thanks so much !!

Hey There! I'm having a DL escape wedding in less than 2 weeks ( :scared1: ) Disneyland doesn't have any of it's own photographers for weddings. They have some preferred vendors, but you can find your own if you want. When you sign your contract there's a clause that any outside vendors (including photo and video) have liability insurance, so keep that in mind when choosing a photographer. Mine went and got the necessary insurance to shoot our wedding. We also are doing an hour and a half shoot in the park (nothing official, didn't notify anyone, and are just all going into the park with admission) in the afternoon/early evening after our wedding. We're doing an hour of just the two of us in various locations and then 30 minutes of us with our families around the castle. I'll be posting plenty of pictures in a few weeks :D So check out my planning journal for those... I don't have any info on the pierside paviliion, but in the 6 months I've been looking at Disneyland weddings, it seems like they've changed their Escape locations a few times, so I would probably wait until closer to the date to really research Escape venues :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter