FAQ for Disneyland Brides

Hi all!

Newb here! We are doing an escape package with Disneyland this December. I was just wondering as I have two nieces (one that will be 1 this august and the other will be 2 in september). Do babies count against the "20" person guest list?

WElcome to the boards, they do not count against the guest count if you do not purchase them food. They do count if you want them to have a meal. That is what I have been told. I have the same issue, our daughter who will be 2 when we get married and our niece who will be 1 1/2

WElcome to the boards, they do not count against the guest count if you do not purchase them food. They do count if you want them to have a meal. That is what I have been told. I have the same issue, our daughter who will be 2 when we get married and our niece who will be 1 1/2

that is AWESOME to hear. I need to let my fiance know that. He was including both of my nieces in the guest list and with them included it comes to 24.

:) Thank you!

that is AWESOME to hear. I need to let my fiance know that. He was including both of my nieces in the guest list and with them included it comes to 24.

:) Thank you!

You also have to keep in mind that the 20 person guest count HAS to include you and your Fiance. So in all reality you are only allowed 18 guests just like the WDW Escape Wedding package. When we started looking into the Escape Package, it was 26 guests total, so now we have to find a way to cut 6 people from our guest list, Its one big bummer.

You also have to keep in mind that the 20 person guest count HAS to include you and your Fiance. So in all reality you are only allowed 18 guests just like the WDW Escape Wedding package. When we started looking into the Escape Package, it was 26 guests total, so now we have to find a way to cut 6 people from our guest list, Its one big bummer.

Yeah last year at some point we called to get some initial questions answered and were told 26 people including bride and groom. However, when I called this morning they informed me that is indeed 20 including bride and groom. which is fine. We're going to do immediate family only (parents & siblings) and then we'll do a celebratory lunch thingy when we come home (we live in Arizona).

Another question I have as of just now lol is the escape package includes a reception right?

Yeah last year at some point we called to get some initial questions answered and were told 26 people including bride and groom. However, when I called this morning they informed me that is indeed 20 including bride and groom. which is fine. We're going to do immediate family only (parents & siblings) and then we'll do a celebratory lunch thingy when we come home (we live in Arizona).

Another question I have as of just now lol is the escape package includes a reception right?

We are planning on doing the same thing. But my Future siblings-in law have children that would have to count against the guest count and that is what pushes out guest list over 20. We live in New Mexico so its not that hard for us to do the same thing. And as of right now yes it does, it includes a 3 course meal Salad, main course and deserts. It also includes Fresh seasonal floral bouquet, Fresh seasonal floral boutonniere, Beautiful two-tiered wedding cake 1 Champagne Bottle or 2 non-alcoholic sparkling cider, A CD Player or iPod hook-up to play your own music selections if you choose, or Disney can provide Disney-themed music for your Ceremony. The ipod hook up is extra.A wedding website, a wedding planner, self parking for you and your guests

We are planning on doing the same thing. But my Future siblings-in law have children that would have to count against the guest count and that is what pushes out guest list over 20. We live in New Mexico so its not that hard for us to do the same thing. And as of right now yes it does, it includes a 3 course meal Salad, main course and deserts. It also includes Fresh seasonal floral bouquet, Fresh seasonal floral boutonniere, Beautiful two-tiered wedding cake 1 Champagne Bottle or 2 non-alcoholic sparkling cider, A CD Player or iPod hook-up to play your own music selections if you choose, or Disney can provide Disney-themed music for your Ceremony. The ipod hook up is extra.A wedding website, a wedding planner, self parking for you and your guests

That's a lot! I'm SO beyond excited about this and it's still basically 12 months away :(
lol. When's your big day?

That's a lot! I'm SO beyond excited about this and it's still basically 12 months away :(
lol. When's your big day?

It's in September. I still have until march to start my planning but I'm so excited, we are going to Disneyland in may and after that there isn't much time to have to wait. :)

It's in September. I still have until march to start my planning but I'm so excited, we are going to Disneyland in may and after that there isn't much time to have to wait. :)

That's a good month!! I have til June before the "real" planning starts buuut I'm looking at wedding hair, and shoes and such. lol

That's a good month!! I have til June before the "real" planning starts buuut I'm looking at wedding hair, and shoes and such. lol

My fiancè's family's friend is doing my hair and make up she just graduated from one of the best schools in California. I can relay anything to her if you want a quote she does amazing work. I already have my dress have to look for shoes but pretty much everything is pretty much done.

My fiancè's family's friend is doing my hair and make up she just graduated from one of the best schools in California. I can relay anything to her if you want a quote she does amazing work. I already have my dress have to look for shoes but pretty much everything is pretty much done.

That'd be awesome. I don't know what our budget is as far as hair/makeup (me) goes yet but a quote wouldn't hurt. :)

Oh cool!! :)

That'd be awesome. I don't know what our budget is as far as hair/makeup (me) goes yet but a quote wouldn't hurt. :)

Oh cool!! :)

I will try to get you her email and you can email her and let her know that you are interested in hair/make up. And yes I am so glad we got the dress out of the way big weight off my shoulders

I will try to get you her email and you can email her and let her know that you are interested in hair/make up. And yes I am so glad we got the dress out of the way big weight off my shoulders

I know the feeling. My mother in law is making my dress so I already have it picked out and just have to make sure I don't gain any weight lol.

Alrighty! Sounds good to me. Thank you very much! :)

So my fiance is looking over things and has a few questions about the wishes collection that's offered through Disneyland.

First off can someone point me to a thread that has a sample wishes budget?

secondly, do they have a list of perferred vendors for photographers, or Dj's that count towards the required minimum?

And lastly, does anyone have a menu with prices? (I think he means food here?[He texted me this!])

:thumbsup2

So my fiance is looking over things and has a few questions about the wishes collection that's offered through Disneyland.

First off can someone point me to a thread that has a sample wishes budget?

secondly, do they have a list of perferred vendors for photographers, or Dj's that count towards the required minimum?

And lastly, does anyone have a menu with prices? (I think he means food here?[He texted me this!])

:thumbsup2

Hi Manda! First off, congrats on your engagement!

There are lots of samples of budgets in the Share Your Budget thread, but they are mostly for WDW. However, they can help you get an idea of what Disney charges. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182201

For a Wishes wedding, the minimum expenditure for M-Th is $12,000, Friday and Sunday is $15,000, and Saturday is $18,000.

If you are Facebook, please join the group Disneyland Brides; there are a couple brides who have shared their budget over there.

There is a list of preferred vendors; you will get this when you do your site visit. DJ counts towards the minimum; photography does not.

As far as the menu goes, you will also get sample menus when you do your site visit, but they start at around $60 and can go as high as your heart desires. Last I head the lunch minimum you must spend is $100 per guest, and dinner is $125 per guest, although I think they may have just raised the minimums a bit.

Hope this helps! See you on the FB group. :)

Hi PrincessAri,
Am I correct that you r getting married at DL on 20 Sep 12? I am not sure if i am confusing u with someone else. I am having my VR there on 19 Sep (At least i hope so). Can't call them and make any plans till March cause it's an Escape wedding & they only allow you 6 months ahead to plan. Anyhow, just curious if i could possibly maybe also get a quote for hair & makeup fr your fiances familys friend too? :flower3: I haven't gotten any quotes yet for that. I did however get quotes for my photography (which is a very important factor to me) So far the best deal i got on that is Ben from Socal pixels for $500! But, i believe he gave me the discount cuz i am active duty Air Force. He said he normally charges a lot higher though. But, i am very happy about that! :woohoo: Anyhow, i'm looking fwd to following all the DL brides on our journeys to our happily ever afters! :lovestruc

Hi PrincessAri,
Am I correct that you r getting married at DL on 20 Sep 12? I am not sure if i am confusing u with someone else. I am having my VR there on 19 Sep (At least i hope so). Can't call them and make any plans till March cause it's an Escape wedding & they only allow you 6 months ahead to plan. Anyhow, just curious if i could possibly maybe also get a quote for hair & makeup fr your fiances familys friend too? :flower3: I haven't gotten any quotes yet for that. I did however get quotes for my photography (which is a very important factor to me) So far the best deal i got on that is Ben from Socal pixels for $500! But, i believe he gave me the discount cuz i am active duty Air Force. He said he normally charges a lot higher though. But, i am very happy about that! :woohoo: Anyhow, i'm looking fwd to following all the DL brides on our journeys to our happily ever afters! :lovestruc

Hi PrincessMelo,

I am actually doing an escape wedding also and am in the same boat as you are about waiting until March. I hope you know that the previous guest count of 26 has been cut down to 20 including bride and groom total bummer for us :sad1::sad1::sad2::sad2:We are looking into September 13, 2012 so we wouldn't be very far apart for our weddings. I totally spaced and forgot to put her email on here. Her name is Melissa Morales. If you can email her tonight or tomorrow I can give her the heads up and let her know that you are going to email her. Is it going to be just you? Or will others be getting their hair and make up done? If you are on facebook, look up disneyland brides and Mindy from the posts right above us there are some wonderful ladies that are planning their happily ever afters on there that can answer tons of your questions.

Melissa Morales hair and make up email :melpmorales@gmail.com

YAY! I have my date set for 19 Sep 2012 for my DL FTW/VR!! I am so exicted. I have Cynthia Autry for my planner. I am looking on the DISigner boards for some one to come up with a really cool Disney monogram for me & DH. So far, I have one reply but i just dunno how to reply to her & ask for her to DISign it cause her post to my request over there confused me! So i hope she can help me out cause her DISigns are so nice. ;) Anyhow, i wonder if i should do a PJ? I am contemplating that but i dunno how dedicated i can be to it & if i can figure out how to post the pictures and what not? Anyhow, i'm excited to be a part of the Disneyland Bride Community! :cloud9:

It's so interesting to read about all the Disney brides on here! I've been going to Disneyland with my parents every summer since I was a little girl. Now at 27, I'm dragging my fiancé every year for my birthday :)

We've been engaged since June 2010, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to hold off on the wedding and are now planning it for August 2012. I've looked through everything I can find online about DLR weddings, and I still have some questions for Disneyland brides on here that have had their wedding at DLR or are in the midst of planning (I'm doing a venue presentation for my fiancé and need some missing info to help sell my fairy tale wedding!!!).

1. Because we're planning on having the wedding in August, does anyone have any experience with higher minimums during this time of year?

2. I'm aware that DLR does not have its own photographers, but I was under the impression that if one of their preferred vendors for photography was chosen, this would apply towards the minimum. Is this not the case?

3. We've assigned about $1000 for floral in our overall budget. We figure that will at least include the bouquets (2) and boutonnieres (3), with some left over for centerpieces. We want to use the Rose Court Garden and figure we won't need much decor since it's already beautiful. If needed, we can also try some DIY decor. I've seen some BEOs for floral, mostly WDW, so I'm not sure if this is a realistic approach to floral.

We really need to stick to the $12,000 minimum, since adding the service charge and tax on top of that will be a lot. From what I've read, the coordinators at DLR are very good at helping the couple stick to their budget, so I'm hoping that's the case.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, since I'm working off a 2011 brochure with old prices (I think the f/b is up to $135 pp?). Hopefully I'll be a Disney bride soon!

It's so interesting to read about all the Disney brides on here! I've been going to Disneyland with my parents every summer since I was a little girl. Now at 27, I'm dragging my fiancé every year for my birthday :)

We've been engaged since June 2011, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to hold off on the wedding and are now planning it for August 2012. I've looked through everything I can find online about DLR weddings, and I still have some questions for Disneyland brides on here that have had their wedding at DLR or are in the midst of planning (I'm doing a venue presentation for my fiancé and need some missing info to help sell my fairy tale wedding!!!).

1. Because we're planning on having the wedding in August, does anyone have any experience with higher minimums during this time of year?

2. I'm aware that DLR does not have its own photographers, but I was under the impression that if one of their preferred vendors for photography was chosen, this would apply towards the minimum. Is this not the case?

3. We've assigned about $1000 for floral in our overall budget. We figure that will at least include the bouquets (2) and boutonnieres (3), with some left over for centerpieces. We want to use the Rose Court Garden and figure we won't need much decor since it's already beautiful. If needed, we can also try some DIY decor. I've seen some BEOs for floral, mostly WDW, so I'm not sure if this is a realistic approach to floral.

We really need to stick to the $12,000 minimum, since adding the service charge and tax on top of that will be a lot. From what I've read, the coordinators at DLR are very good at helping the couple stick to their budget, so I'm hoping that's the case.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, since I'm working off a 2011 brochure with old prices (I think the f/b is up to $135 pp?). Hopefully I'll be a Disney bride soon!

Hi and Congrats on starting to look into DFTW. The miminums do not go up per season but the minimums have been raised for 2012
(All Seasons )
Monday-Thursday $12,000++
Friday & Sunday $15,000++
Saturday $18,000++
++Denotes 21% service charge (applicable to all Food & Beverage)
+Denotes 8.75% sales tax to be added
ALL PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

About the preferred vendors those DO NOT apply towards the minimum.
And about your floral budget put aside I just saw a floral budget that centerpieces and some decor for the ceremony, and reception upgrades and personal floral and the total was over 3 grand.
The personal floral alone for 4 wristlet corsage, beautiful 8" hand tied bouquet will be made for the Bride, ): A beautiful 6" bouquet for maid of honor, Groom's and Best Man boutonniere's, and 4 boutonniere's for other special attendants and that was at $$615.00 NOT INCLUDING the ++

I hope you can be able to sell your DFTW to your fiance and that you get to celebrate at the DLR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!