Fantasy having mechanical issues

We were on the next cruise and I just wanted to add a few things from that perspective:

1. No vibration issues noticed by me. We were in a forward cabin but I tried to be aware when I was aft and noticed nothing.
2. Overall we had a great time and I think the onboard crew did a great job with a tough situation.
3. The intenery change was a major bummer to us. We love the BVI and had a private charter booked for the day. When we booked this cruise, going back to Tortola was our number 1 reason. We made the best of it and had fun in San Juan, but people shouldn't be so quick to assume it was no big deal. The biggest issue we saw was that by shifting St Thomas up and canceling Tortola, DCL made issues out of two days. A lot of stuff people had scheduled in St Thomas also got moved around. Which lead to...
4. The Port Adventures desk on Sunday morning was the biggest zoo I've ever seen on DCL. The line went all the way past down the hall to where the forward cabins start on deck 5.
5. The biggest issue was the communication on Saturday morning. We knew from here and FB about the issue on Friday night but lots didn't. DCL didn't communicate anything to us until almost 9 the next day. The waiting area at MCO was crazy and I'm sure the port was too. I'm not sure why there wasn't earlier communication, but at least putting people on notice would have helped.

Like I said, after the rough start it was a great week.

We were also on next cruise and agree with pp. Our DCL St Thomas port adventure could not be accommodated after the switch because there were more ships in port that day. We were not notified but I found out after waiting in line 45 minutes at Port Adventures on Sunday morning trying to book something for San Juan. I guess I just assumed it was fine because it wasn't a private charter and the original tickets were in our stateroom. By then some excursions were already sold out.

We also had a great cruise and the crew were amazing. It was just a little disappointing because our DD had picked the excursion months ago to celebrate her birthday and I had to pick something else on the spot, while a long line waited patiently behind me. Everyone seemed to make the best of it but the port switch definitely impacted a lot of passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter