Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did it. I booked 9 nights next May in a Tower water view with hoppers and dining plan. Decided against club level since doing dining plan. Even with dining plan we are saving so much money over staying at Yacht Club that it would have been financially irresponsible to pass this up.

This is entirely new for us!!! I have so much research to do. Micky (my guy) is freaking out, he's really excited to stay in a brand new building! We know it's only buses for transportation, but we are okay with that. We can always uber if needed.

Off to read more!

late august for us tower standard room during opening of swe. i think everyone has more questions then answers! i wanted to know if every room in the tower has walkin showers vs. tub ones or do i have to request a walk-in? also wondering as others are about transportation directly from the tower. also wondering about if the tower offers a quick counter service for breakfast? or do i have to walk over to the el centro? wondering about vegan options in the new restaurants offered too.

So I did it. I booked 9 nights next May in a Tower water view with hoppers and dining plan. Decided against club level since doing dining plan. Even with dining plan we are saving so much money over staying at Yacht Club that it would have been financially irresponsible to pass this up.

This is entirely new for us!!! I have so much research to do. Micky (my guy) is freaking out, he's really excited to stay in a brand new building! We know it's only buses for transportation, but we are okay with that. We can always uber if needed.

Off to read more!

We changed our Thanksgiving week (this year 2019) reservation from the Poly to the Tower. We're only styaing 5 nights/6 days (to minimize ds's days missed from school). With 5 nights and 6 day park hoppers (no dining plan), we got a Tower water view room (standard view wasn't available or we would've booked that) - and are saving over $1550 from the Poly reservation we had booked! :) This will be our 1st time here too and are really excited about staying in something so new! It looks beautiful & we can't wait!!

We changed our Thanksgiving week (this year 2019) reservation from the Poly to the Tower. We're only styaing 5 nights/6 days (to minimize ds's days missed from school). With 5 nights and 6 day park hoppers (no dining plan), we got a Tower water view room (standard view wasn't available or we would've booked that) - and are saving over $1550 from the Poly reservation we had booked! :) This will be our 1st time here too and are really excited about staying in something so new! It looks beautiful & we can't wait!!

I'm excited about the Tower also. It will still be shiny/new next May. I can't wait to read reviews!

I'm so lost, I know nothing about this resort. I will read this thread and try to keep my questions to a minimum.

I see from the new recreation calendars that they no longer have a schedule of activities - eg tie dye t-shirts etc. Does anyone know if they still do these and other activities around the pool in the afternoon?

I'm excited about the Tower also. It will still be shiny/new next May. I can't wait to read reviews!

I'm so lost, I know nothing about this resort. I will read this thread and try to keep my questions to a minimum.

Me, too! We've only been to WDW twice, once in 2013 at the Poly and then in 2015 at the Beach Club. Off to read more on this thread and google.... Have fun planning your trip!

IMO staying in the tower takes away all concerns of the resorts size. The tower will be a short walk to everything important. The main pool will 2-3 mins from the front door of the tower and the food court will be 2-3 mins the other direction. At this point we're not sure if the tower will have a bus stop directly in front or if the bus stop will remain at the current El Centro location. If it stays the same you will have a 2 min walk to the bus stop.

The only major amenity that is away from the tower is the Fitness Center. You would be looking at a 5-6 min walk to there. With the bridges now open even the far reaches of the resort aren't much more than 5 mins away.

Oh this is good to read. I have never even seen CSR, so I'm trying to figure out where the heck we are in the tower in relation to everything.

We are staying in early May, so we will be there for one of the cheerleader weekends. I didn't think of that, but oh well. We are staying a Wednesday to the next Friday, so we can handle a weekend of yelling cheerleaders. That's why they make wine. :)

Crud, I shouldn't read the internet. Sounds like the cheerleaders are a nightmare? Do you think they would be staying in Grand Destino Tower? I'm only worried about sleeping, I don't mind seeing them around the grounds and such.

Last edited:

I’ve read mixed things about the groups. I heard some people say it wasn’t a big deal. I went in thinking people were just grumpy. I’ve had my fair share of experience working in hotels, restaurants. I am not a complainer. This was truly awful. Literally everywhere we turned were cheer people, large groups of women surrounding the bar so I couldn’t even approach it, moms lining up the entire length of the pool dipping their toes in. Teens taking selfies. I have never seen anything like it. Inappropriate conversations on the pool slide with my young kids. My husband was telling girls to stop cutting the lines.

Anyways, after I was unable to get near the bar and after going to El Centro the lines were unbareble. I asked for the price to move to another resort and they ended up comping a move to FQ. The manager seemed to understand. I swear most of the people at the resort had to have been cheer.

I learned my lesson to avoid sports groups. I would go back to csr! Just not when the sports groups stay. Business people are fine because they don’t travel in groups of 20-30.

Just reading this very helpful thread.

Oh no! We'll be there during same time-frame next May.

Hmm. We're staying in the Tower. That may help. We can use quiet pools I suppose, we never spend an entire day at pool anyways.

If the few days they are there, we avoid the food court and take an Uber if buses too crowded, will that ease the pain? :) I'll need to hit a bar, but I think there will be a few lounges for me next May.

Ask away! It’s a friendly and helpful thread.

FWIW, I just did a CSR/YC CL split. We’re trying the Tower for Labor Day. I adore CSR. It will always be my go to going forward if YC doesn’t work out. The rooms are great (although I’m DYING for real pics of the Tower). Top notch CMs, so many food options, we’ve never dealt with over crowded buses (at normal times. All bets are off for any resort at rope drop & park closing).

Tip: Go to Rix Sports Bar (they take TIW). They serve all 3 meals. Great French Toast and do NOT miss Wachos. It’s easy to walk into and they are open late.

Another query on the room in the new Tower section. The images on the Disney website seem to show a clear glass shower screen next literally alongside the double sinks. Is that really how it is ?? Seems a bit silly. I have a 17 year old daughter and young son and it would effectively rule us out using the sinks while she was in the shower, and vice versa. Am I missing something here ??

Another query on the room in the new Tower section. The images on the Disney website seem to show a clear glass shower screen next literally alongside the double sinks. Is that really how it is ?? Seems a bit silly. I have a 17 year old daughter and young son and it would effectively rule us out using the sinks while she was in the shower, and vice versa. Am I missing something here ??

We’re all eagerly awaiting real photos of the Tower rooms (and the bathroom layout is probably the #1 pic we want).

Oh this is good to read. I have never even seen CSR, so I'm trying to figure out where the heck we are in the tower in relation to everything.

We are staying in early May, so we will be there for one of the cheerleader weekends. I didn't think of that, but oh well. We are staying a Wednesday to the next Friday, so we can handle a weekend of yelling cheerleaders. That's why they make wine. :)

Crud, I shouldn't read the internet. Sounds like the cheerleaders are a nightmare? Do you think they would be staying in Grand Destino Tower? I'm only worried about sleeping, I don't mind seeing them around the grounds and such.

We spent about 75 nights at CSR between 2010 and 2016. So I can probably help with most of your questions. We are staying there for 2 weeks at Christmas and really looking forward to seeing all the changes.

I've been there when Pop Warner was going on, cheerleaders, basketball tournament, karate tournament, chess tournament. Etc....LOL. I've never been bothered much by any of them. I remember one night where we avoided the main pool because it was overrun by teenagers, but it was just one night. They weren't doing anything wrong there was just too many of them. We went to the quiet pool by our room instead that night.

CSR is probably the most centrally located resort on property. Because of that I find the bus service to be excellent.

IMO CSR is the best bang for the buck on WDW property. It has almost all the Deluxe amenities. With the tower opening up there is 3 TS restaurants and also 5 different lounges to get a drink. Staying in the tower I think you'll love being able to just catch the elevator to the top floor and grab a drink at the roof top lounge. If you time it right you'll have an excellent fireworks view up there.

We spent about 75 nights at CSR between 2010 and 2016. So I can probably help with most of your questions. We are staying there for 2 weeks at Christmas and really looking forward to seeing all the changes.

I've been there when Pop Warner was going on, cheerleaders, basketball tournament, karate tournament, chess tournament. Etc....LOL. I've never been bothered much by any of them. I remember one night where we avoided the main pool because it was overrun by teenagers, but it was just one night. They weren't doing anything wrong there was just too many of them. We went to the quiet pool by our room instead that night.

CSR is probably the most centrally located resort on property. Because of that I find the bus service to be excellent.

IMO CSR is the best bang for the buck on WDW property. It has almost all the Deluxe amenities. With the tower opening up there is 3 TS restaurants and also 5 different lounges to get a drink. Staying in the tower I think you'll love being able to just catch the elevator to the top floor and grab a drink at the roof top lounge. If you time it right you'll have an excellent fireworks view up there.

Oh perfect, thank you! I'm sure the cheerleaders won't bother us, we are pretty easy going. :)

I'm nervous as we always stay at the same resorts, so this is going to be a completely different trip for us, but that's good!

I have 9 nights on the ground in August and then four nights in the Tower (Standard Room 2 nights at $185 per and 2 nights at $215 per). I usually don't buy drinks but that is a great idea!

Last edited:
The tower rooms do not have balconies of any sort - correct? I was starting to think how much cheaper the club level rooms appear that they will be vs. the deluxes and want to try it but I think I would miss having a balcony...

The tower rooms do not have balconies of any sort - correct? I was starting to think how much cheaper the club level rooms appear that they will be vs. the deluxes and want to try it but I think I would miss having a balcony...

Correct. But I admit I never once sat on my YC balcony a couple weeks ago. It was just too muggy. So let time of year weigh into your decision.

Panchito's looks huge! It looks like it will give me my Disney feels with the decor, looks cute.
Is that where I can buy a bottle of wine? Does the resort sell bagels/cream cheese for breakfast in room or should I make other plans?
Does the resort have the airline check in for when we are ready to go home?

I hope the tower rooms still have those pictures of the 3 Caballeros that I saw in the rest of the redesigned rooms. Those were awesome. If not, oh well. :)

Last edited:
Panchito's looks huge! It looks like it will give me my Disney feels with the decor, looks cute.
Is that where I can buy a bottle of wine? Does the resort sell bagels/cream cheese for breakfast in room or should I make other plans?
Does the resort have the airline check in for when we are ready to go home?

I hope the tower rooms still have those pictures of the 3 Caballeros that I saw in the rest of the redesigned rooms. Those were awesome. If not, oh well. :)

Panchitos really isn’t that big. But there’s lots of stuff (including wine and beer). We always grabbed breakfast from Cafe Rix so I can’t speak for food sold at Panchitos.

Yes, they have RAC service. I’m not sure if it will stay in the same spot once the Tower opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter