• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!! I don't know if anyone watches walk-throughs on youtube, but I just watched this one. I had no idea how beautiful the whole of Coronado Springs is. I was blown away.
Honestly, we think it rivals Polynesian Village for the lush foliage, beachy, exotic vibe.

Now I'm really excited. :hyper:

Thanks for posting this! I just watched it and am even more excited than I was before! The whole property looks stunning! :cloud9:I've checked out the menus for the restaurants there, and they all sound great too! Plus the bonus of getting to stay in a brand new room :lovestruc

Can I just share how excited I am! Our magic bands arrived today!! I cant believe that we have been able to keep our trip a complete surprise from 2 our kids as their bday presents. We have jokingly told our little guy but he is too young for other 2 to take him seriously they just think he has a major addiction to Mickey Mouse. Which when we do tell them they are going to be so mad that he has been walking around saying he going to “mickey’s house” and they didn’t believe him.

It’s been over 3 years since we have been to Disney. I was prego with our little one. I seriously think I am more excited than our kids will be. 26 days left! They will be turning 13 and 9 on our trip.

Hi guys, happy weekend!

I read that you can see the park icons from the Tower (nice!) - I think facing away from water?

Would you rather have a water view of resort, or a view of the other parks (distant obviously)
We booked water view. I'm thinking to keep water view? I figure we can go up to rooftop bar for a drink and gaze out at the parks? I think I read it was indoor/outdoor, so I'm hoping the lounge part allows for outdoor seating.

So many decisions... :p

Does anybody know whether the new Tower Rooms have bathtubs, or just showers? We have a standard room booked at the moment, but Tower Water view rooms have just become available for our dates which weren't before, so I am tempted to move my booking to one of those rooms. But both my wife and son prefer a bathtub than a shower, so if the rooms only have showers, I probably won't bother.

Hi guys, happy weekend!

I read that you can see the park icons from the Tower (nice!) - I think facing away from water?

Would you rather have a water view of resort, or a view of the other parks (distant obviously)
We booked water view. I'm thinking to keep water view? I figure we can go up to rooftop bar for a drink and gaze out at the parks? I think I read it was indoor/outdoor, so I'm hoping the lounge part allows for outdoor seating.

I think if I had the option of a tower water view room, or a standard tower room which was cheaper, then I would go for the standard room, with the hope I would get views of fireworks at the nearby parks.

I suspect that rooftop bar may get busy around fireworks time every night if there are decent views of DHS and EPCOT.

Hi guys, happy weekend!

This is a tough call. The water view of the resort will be beautiful, especially at night. If you are on a high enough floor you'll be able to see Expedition Everest in the distance as well as the high fireworks from MK.

The non water view rooms on the other side of the tower will face either EPCOT or DHS. These rooms will have fireworks views. IMO the water view rooms will have the better view except for the 15 mins the fireworks are on.

From what I can tell the outdoor lounge is on that side and will have excellent fireworks views.

Does anybody know whether the new Tower Rooms have bathtubs, or just showers? We have a standard room booked at the moment, but Tower Water view rooms have just become available for our dates which weren't before, so I am tempted to move my booking to one of those rooms. But both my wife and son prefer a bathtub than a shower, so if the rooms only have showers, I probably won't bother.

The pictures only show showers. With the tower being geared towards conventions and business people that's probably the case. We'll have to wait for the tower to actually open and hear from people staying there to know for sure.

Last edited:
I think if I had the option of a tower water view room, or a standard tower room which was cheaper, then I would go for the standard room, with the hope I would get views of fireworks at the nearby parks.

I suspect that rooftop bar may get busy around fireworks time every night if there are decent views of DHS and EPCOT.
This is a tough call. The water view of the resort will be beautiful, especially at night. If you are on a high enough floor you'll be able to see Expedition Everest in the distance as well as the high fireworks from MK.

The non water view rooms on the other side of the tower will face either EPCOT or DHS. These rooms will have fireworks views. IMO the water view rooms will have the better view except for the 15 mins the fireworks are on.

From what I can tell the outdoor lounge is on that side and will have excellent fireworks views.

Thanks guys! :)

I think we will keep water view and I'll just put in a request for a high floor. Seeing Everest at night would be amazing. Maybe if we can see MK fireworks, I'll be able to see the Contemporary in the distance too!

It's just two of us, we are small, we will squeeze ourselves into the lounge upstairs. :p

I've read the new tower opens on July 9th- any chance for a soft opening beforehand? I'm there over the 4th and would love to check it out.

same. no one seems to know. except i moved to tower in august because i think it's showers only and that's what i really want!

The pictures only show showers. With the tower being geared towards conventions and business people that's probably the case. We'll have to wait for the tower to actually open and hear from people staying there to know for sure.
Thanks. I suspected this might be the case, because I've noticed a worrying trend with all new hotels to just put in showers rather than baths. Not everybody likes showers, and for families with young kids having a tub is much more preferable.

We need a bathtub because my wife has a bad back and soaks in a hot bath to ease her back, and my son is a keen athlete and likes to have soaks in a bath to ease his legs. Even on holiday, he does training (think we might need to get up early for our runs though - bit warmer than Scotland where we live!).

Think I am going to leave my reservation where it is for now.

Thanks. I suspected this might be the case, because I've noticed a worrying trend with all new hotels to just put in showers rather than baths. Not everybody likes showers, and for families with young kids having a tub is much more preferable.

We need a bathtub because my wife has a bad back and soaks in a hot bath to ease her back, and my son is a keen athlete and likes to have soaks in a bath to ease his legs. Even on holiday, he does training (think we might need to get up early for our runs though - bit warmer than Scotland where we live!).

Think I am going to leave my reservation where it is for now.

You can request a room with a tub. They are accessible-but, have tubs.

Hi all!

Another rainy Sunday in Chicago, so trip planning it is.

Just for fun (for a weirdo like me) I priced out on Lyft/Uber the cost from CSR to all the parks. Now obviously price/time will go up the more popular the time period, but for people like us who come and go to the parks at non-peak times, this is a good estimate (price may increase by my trip next year!) This is the price for around 4:00 Disney time on a Sunday afternoon.
I think this is pretty good for an alternative when you just can't wait for the bus!

CSR to MK - about 12 minutes, $8.75
CSR to Epcot - about 10 minutes, $8.20
CSR to DHS - about 9 minutes, $8.72
CSR to AK - about 11 minutes, $8.79
CSR to Disney Springs - about 11 minutes, $9.07

Hi all!

Another rainy Sunday in Chicago, so trip planning it is.

Just for fun (for a weirdo like me) I priced out on Lyft/Uber the cost from CSR to all the parks. Now obviously price/time will go up the more popular the time period, but for people like us who come and go to the parks at non-peak times, this is a good estimate (price may increase by my trip next year!) This is the price for around 4:00 Disney time on a Sunday afternoon.
I think this is pretty good for an alternative when you just can't wait for the bus!

CSR to MK - about 12 minutes, $8.75
CSR to Epcot - about 10 minutes, $8.20
CSR to DHS - about 9 minutes, $8.72
CSR to AK - about 11 minutes, $8.79
CSR to Disney Springs - about 11 minutes, $9.07

Looks about right to me. We used it to all those places (except MK). Lyft always seems to know when we are arriving and sends us promo offers ($4 off 10 rides, 25% off etc).

Looks about right to me. We used it to all those places (except MK). Lyft always seems to know when we are arriving and sends us promo offers ($4 off 10 rides, 25% off etc).

It gives me a sense of relief.
It sounds stupid, but one of my biggest worries of this resort is the transportation. I'm used to either walking or boat to Epcot/DHS or the monorail/boat to MK. When I give myself alternatives to the bus, I feel better. Also, just seeing how short the distance is to the parks also helps. Being in the Tower we will be the last stop before the drive to the parks, so we may have to stand, but we will be on the way when we are picked up!

@Farro

Both times we stayed here this year (including the busy Presidents Weekend) we never had full bus issues. The app showing the times was great because we could decide about ride share accordingly at the resort. Sometimes at the park or Dis Springs we would just automatically order rather than checking on bus stop. It’s a great time saver, especially when hopping.

It gives me a sense of relief.
It sounds stupid, but one of my biggest worries of this resort is the transportation. I'm used to either walking or boat to Epcot/DHS or the monorail/boat to MK. When I give myself alternatives to the bus, I feel better. Also, just seeing how short the distance is to the parks also helps. Being in the Tower we will be the last stop before the drive to the parks, so we may have to stand, but we will be on the way when we are picked up!

I would not be surprised to find the Tower being first bus pickup stop, given the Club level guests and more expensive rooms there, although if many of the guests (obviously not all of them) are convention goers that might not be the case. Have to wait and see whether Disney changes the bus route or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter