Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked and am getting really excited! June 27-July 2 in a standard view room.
I know construction is winding down, but is there a list of everything that will be open/closed?
Does anyone have any room suggestions? I want to be near the Dig Site pool and the first bus stop if possible.

We’ve stayed at a ton of other Disney resorts but never CSR. I’m getting really excited to try this one out now!
I stayed in Casitas 5 and loved the location. It was very close the the first bus stop and the pool. Pretty far from the lobby/dining but we never needed to eat there. On our pool days we ordered food from the pool bar.

We're booked for Thanksgiving in the new Tower. This will be our first stay at CSR and are pretty excited but are a little worried about the size of the property. Looking at the maps posted in this thread (and never having been there) it's a little hard to put it into scope. I was wondering if anyone knows approximately how far of a walk it would be from the tower to the main pool, food court and bus stop? Thanks to anyon who can help! :)

I like the idea of staying in the new tower but have concerns about the lack of privacy in the bathroom area. It appears from the photo available that the glass shower and sinks are together versus separated for privacy. Does anyone know more about this? Wish there were more photos available.

Hrrm. We have a reservation for Toledo, because I want to see it... but maybe Three Bridges will be better for us. It's our Typhoon Lagoon day, so not having a dinner reservation seems easier anyway.

Sorry if already posted.

I have a presidential suite booked for fall. Online says sleeps 6 but it only let me book 4. I had to call on another matter and just asked about it.

They are aware of the problem and should be fixed soon. It will sleep 8! A king, another room with 2 q's and a sleeper sofa in living area.

We're booked for Thanksgiving in the new Tower. This will be our first stay at CSR and are pretty excited but are a little worried about the size of the property. Looking at the maps posted in this thread (and never having been there) it's a little hard to put it into scope. I was wondering if anyone knows approximately how far of a walk it would be from the tower to the main pool, food court and bus stop? Thanks to anyon who can help! :)

IMO staying in the tower takes away all concerns of the resorts size. The tower will be a short walk to everything important. The main pool will 2-3 mins from the front door of the tower and the food court will be 2-3 mins the other direction. At this point we're not sure if the tower will have a bus stop directly in front or if the bus stop will remain at the current El Centro location. If it stays the same you will have a 2 min walk to the bus stop.

The only major amenity that is away from the tower is the Fitness Center. You would be looking at a 5-6 min walk to there. With the bridges now open even the far reaches of the resort aren't much more than 5 mins away.

IMO staying in the tower takes away all concerns of the resorts size. The tower will be a short walk to everything important. The main pool will 2-3 mins from the front door of the tower and the food court will be 2-3 mins the other direction. At this point we're not sure if the tower will have a bus stop directly in front or if the bus stop will remain at the current El Centro location. If it stays the same you will have a 2 min walk to the bus stop.

The only major amenity that is away from the tower is the Fitness Center. You would be looking at a 5-6 min walk to there. With the bridges now open even the far reaches of the resort aren't much more than 5 mins away.

Thanks so much for this! The resort looks beautiful & we're excited about getting to stay in a brand new place :)

We're excited too. First time at CSR and first time staying club level in Aug. Can't wait for more info to stream in. Still hoping for a bus stop, and one that isn't the last stop, but we're only using them back and forth once for the MNSSHP anyway

For our stay first week of October, I’m undecided about which building to request. We like to use the quiet pool but also like to be near food court for refillable mugs and short walk to bus stop. I’ll be interested to see how the tower will affect the Cabanas quiet pool and main dig site. So wondering if Casitas 4 or Rancheros 7B would be good choice to request? Also I’ve heard you can refill your mugs at the Dig Site. Are they open early for coffee and tea in the morning for mugs? Thx

Hi everyone! We’re headed to wdw in July (I’m a teacher, so I always get to go in the HOT). We’re staying at Coronado for the first time and I’m wondering if anyone can answer a couple of questions for me.
1. How are the busses at CSR? I know there are multiple bus stops and I imagine that brings challenges, but with the cost of daily parking plus the cost of a rental car, I’m wondering if I can save some cash by using busses and occasionally utilizing ride shares. We generally rope drop, break, go back in the evening. The last time we went without a car we were at POP and those lines in the early morning and at park close were brutal. We’ve used busses sometimes the last couple of years, but have always also had a car.
2. If I were to use a ride share service, do they bring you to your building in CSR, like where you would park a car? Or do you get dropped off at the main building?
We will be moving to POFQ for the second half of our trip, and I’ve heard it’s a much better situation over there since it’s so small.
Thank you so much!

Sorry if this has been covered already but will there be close parking to the new tower? I can't find a map of the finished resort.

By the way, the tower will have its own fitness center according to Disney’s website.

I’m assuming they do but just wanted to double check on this. They play games and have recreation for the kids around the main pool like the other Disney resorts during the day, correct?

ETA: if anyone has a resort recreation schedule for June/July I’d love to see it! The one I found on the Facebook group is half unreadable.

By the way, the tower will have its own fitness center according to Disney’s website.

I hadn't seen that before. It took me a few minutes to find the info. Makes sense, it would be silly for tower guests to have to walk across the entire resort to use the fitness center.

I might have booked a tower room in December if I had known that. Hoping to get my usual Casitas 4 room.

I hadn't seen that before. It took me a few minutes to find the info. Makes sense, it would be silly for tower guests to have to walk across the entire resort to use the fitness center.

I might have booked a tower room in December if I had known that. Hoping to get my usual Casitas 4 room.

I agree. The fitness center is important to us and I kind of just stumbled upon it recently. Hopefully it means guests using each location (casitas v tower) will have a little extra room since there’s two on the property now!

I agree. The fitness center is important to us and I kind of just stumbled upon it recently. Hopefully it means guests using each location (casitas v tower) will have a little extra room since there’s two on the property now!
Might make a difference to which building I request for my reservation now. I was going to request Casitas 5, as it would be in the middle of access to the Digsite, the gym and Centro (the new bridges make access much easier from there now). But now I'm wondering whether Cabanas will be just as good, if it has easy access to the gym in the Tower.

Yeah, we usually go for a full 2 weeks. I can't go that long without a work out.

I'm guessing that most people will go to the tower to tryout the new space. Hopefully I'll have the old spot to myself! :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter