Disney website payment question?

disneymamaof2boys

Earning My Ears
I am trying to make a payment and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do so on th disney site.
I go into the My Disney Experience, my reservation is there, even my dining reservations but I can't find a place to pay.

Help!!

I am trying to make a payment and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do so on th disney site.
I go into the My Disney Experience, my reservation is there, even my dining reservations but I can't find a place to pay.

Help!!

It's not an option on there right now. You'll have to call.

Thanks, I did attempt to call a couple of times today but had to keep hanging up to answer the phone at work.. I'll call tonight.

Thanks again

They are really going to hate me when I call with 2000.00 in gift cards...each card is only 50.00. I hope they fix the payment issue soon. I really don't want to read off 40 cards to the CM on the phone.

They are really going to hate me when I call with 2000.00 in gift cards...each card is only 50.00. I hope they fix the payment issue soon. I really don't want to read off 40 cards to the CM on the phone.

LOL...That's exactly how I do our trip payments!?..GCs range from $20 and up.
I sure hope they get that aspect of the web site up-n-running' soon.

I thought of getting gift cards, we can get fuel perks if we do, but what happens if for some reason the trip has to be cancelle? How do they refund you the money?

We have never had to cancel a trip. But I would think you would get the money back in a form of a gift card...

They refund the same gift cards back - so if you pay with Gift Cards - KEEP THEM! :)

When using the GCs to make trip payments, I use a Sharpie to mark each card with my payment info, and keep them in a safe place....worked perfectly on a trip that was canceled last fall due to family issue.

ok, can someone explain to me how and why you pay with gift cards?? do you get some kind of a deal when you buy the gift cards?? is it a Disney gift card or just some other random gift card?? :confused3

We paid 2500 with gift cards over the phone. The lady was so sweet and said it happens a lot. We just took our time and did it one by one. She even cheered every 200 or so at how my bill was.

Thank goodness for this thread! I was trying to pay last week and figured I was just being dumb. I HATE calling. My trip is far away - maybe ill just hang on to the cards and hope they have that part fixed soon (or before I HAVE to pay more).

To answer the PP, I had a ton from the Target gift card deal (spend $50, get $10 card). I called that in. Then I got more for Christmas since that's what I asked for from extended family). Those are the ones that I'll just hang on to.

I DIDN'T know that they defend back onto the same card. I threw away the originals. Well, pretty sure I won't cancel, at least I really, really hope not :)

ok, can someone explain to me how and why you pay with gift cards?? do you get some kind of a deal when you buy the gift cards?? is it a Disney gift card or just some other random gift card?? :confused3

No deal from Disney, but lots of places will run specials on gift cards. As PP said, there was a Target deal where you could buy $50 and get $10 free. Some people can get discounts on GCs at work. Some grocery stores run specials on them too, sometimes for money off or double fuel perks. If you're going to call and spend the money anyway, might as well buy a gift card and either get free money or get some money off gas as a bonus.

I have the Target Debit Card - so I get 5% off every $50 Disney Gift Card that I buy there.:)

For us, Disney gift cards make it "easier" to save/prepare for our trips.
They are good for almost anything at the parks & resorts...plus many DTD locales. Also use 'em for tips at Meals...and to keep a bit of control with the kid's souvenir purchases....I save all of my receipts when I purchase gift cards...(they will issue you another card if/when you lose one...as long as it still has value.
Cool story...
We gave our Autistic son a few Disney gift cards for his birthday and for Christmas last month. He said to put them in the "Orlando Jar" towards the next trip! :goodvibes

We buy gift cards for the fuel perks(you do have to buy Disney gift cards but our local grocery stocks them). We are saving $875 on gas by buying gift cards to pay for our upcoming May/june trip. We buy the cards that you can put up to $500 on one card so we do not have so many cards to deal with.

still not getting it... are they any gift card that you can buy by the checkout lane, or do you buy the Disney ones, whenever you are at the store and have a few extra $ you buy the card (and it is a bonus if you get the extra $ for buying it) and you put it away for your trip??!!??!! an I on the right road now???:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter