Disney to allow guests to remove mask for taking outdoor photo, April 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is good news. My hope is that when we're there at the end of May and early June that you won't have wear them just walking outside of the parks (e.g., from the International Gateway to your hotel or HS, especially if you can socially distance). Anyone think there is any chance of that happening?

that is sooner than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting any (even slight) lifting of mask rules until the summer. Not that my guess on this is really anything to go by lmfao

I don't know how rumors work from other Disney forums but a "insider" had the following statement :

"The company’s hope moving forward (until the pandemic is declared “over”) is distancing outdoors (but no masks) and masks plus 3 feet of distancing indoors, once the CDC makes that change official, which they will. Such a change allows much greater use of indoor queues and the substantial return of entertainment (I have heard everything EXCEPT parades, actually). "

I think this is a perfect mix of safety and normalcy with the % of vaccinated people and the pace of continuing vaccinations.

I don't know how rumors work from other Disney forums but a "insider" had the following statement :

"The company’s hope moving forward (until the pandemic is declared “over”) is distancing outdoors (but no masks) and masks plus 3 feet of distancing indoors, once the CDC makes that change official, which they will. Such a change allows much greater use of indoor queues and the substantial return of entertainment (I have heard everything EXCEPT parades, actually). "

I think this is a perfect mix of safety and normalcy with the % of vaccinated people and the pace of continuing vaccinations.

I have heard this as well. I think the next step is ONLY requiring masks indoors. YAY!

I've heard similar as well. As I mentioned in the other thread, Disney will keep masks in some capacity as long as it will help them increase capacity while mitigating risk. By following the CDC guidelines they have done just that. They're really pushing to increase capacity this summer.

This has always been my guess on how it would happen.

I wonder if they will stop temp checks. I think it's perfectly reasonable to remove mask rules outside. I worry more about long indoor lines because my husband got sick from our 2018 trip and we think that's why. We spent so much money and lost our last couple days because of it.

This is good news. My hope is that when we're there at the end of May and early June that you won't have wear them just walking outside of the parks (e.g., from the International Gateway to your hotel or HS, especially if you can socially distance). Anyone think there is any chance of that happening?
YES. I think we are a month or 2 from mask being voluntary. The allowing of pics without masks is paving the way for this - it will be hard to enforce this and I think Disney knows this - and thus, I think the announcement of voluntary mask will be coming soon. Social distancing rules of 3 feet are coming/here - People will abide by these for the most part and the Plexi will remain for some time.

I think the "insider" info is right on the money. Disney wants to return to normalcy as soon as possible - they will take as close to normal, ASAP. This allows for safety and a better guest experience.

Masks required during indoor areas seems like it will be much easier for them to enforce. I'm betting we are in that scenario by July. Potentially completely gone by the fall.
Agree - I think July is the mark at which we see mask non-mandatory for outdoors. Disney may take July 4th to be their go to date for such an announcement - doing so will drive tons of bookings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!