Disney to allow guests to remove mask for taking outdoor photo, April 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s the fair I’m thinking of, the masked up were definitely the minority.

The good news about Disney lifting mask restrictions is people can still wear them if they like. It won’t be tomorrow, but the mandate being lifted entirely is coming.

We were at Springs over the weekend and noticed far more people pulling their masks down or not wearing them all together. Various counties in FL have been maskless for months and are pretty much back to normal. People are just mask exhausted.

We’ve been to the parks and springs many many times and always abide by the rules but it will be nice to breathe again. :) Disney is the only place I’ve worn one.
There comes a point in time when fear gives way to optimism...we are seeing this happen! It ok to wear a mask if that makes you comfortable, however, it's also ok to want to move forward and return to normal.

Yes same as the flu, you can get the flu shot and still get the flu, though, usually much milder. I am of the mind set it's time we start taking more steps towards easing restrictions. Especially outside. Some strain of this virus will probably always be around, such as a different strain of yearly flu. We just have to take precautions that we feel right for ourselves and I 100% am ready to move on towards normal life again
Human society was never meant to be bound but such rules for an extended period of time...the mental anguish and torment that this pandemic has placed on society is horrible and the sooner it can be removed - the sooner people will mentally be able to heal. Disney is not blind to the effects it can have on people or the perception of what the parks mean to people - they can and will be a huge factor in returning to normal life. People all over the world can see when Disney starts to return to normal and to them, this is huge sign and to most a huge relief. Covid may be around for years in some form or another, we move past it and live our lives...

The good news about Disney lifting mask restrictions is people can still wear them if they like. It won’t be tomorrow, but the mandate being lifted entirely is coming.

We were at Springs over the weekend and noticed far more people pulling their masks down or not wearing them all together. Various counties in FL have been maskless for months and are pretty much back to normal. People are just mask exhausted.

We’ve been to the parks and springs many many times and always abide by the rules but it will be nice to breathe again. :) Disney is the only place I’ve worn one.

Sure, things may work out and people will get vaccinated and we'll be in the clear. Or it's also possible that the variants will become worse. It's too early to tell either way. Lifting mask restrictions so only some people wear them defeats the purpose of wearing a mask since carriers can be asymptomatic.

Unfortunately a virus doesn't really care if people are exhausted of it.

Clay county! Yup very few in Masks and most of the ride workers were suppose to wear them but had them as chin straps.

Mandate lifting is def coming, when not sure but sooner than some here will like or think.

Human society was never meant to be bound but such rules for an extended period of time...the mental anguish and torment that this pandemic has placed on society is horrible and the sooner it can be removed - the sooner people will mentally be able to heal. Disney is not blind to the effects it can have on people or the perception of what the parks mean to people - they can and will be a huge factor in returning to normal life. People all over the world can see when Disney starts to return to normal and to them, this is huge sign and to most a huge relief. Covid may be around for years in some form or another, we move past it and live our lives...
I could not agree with you more!!! Mental health is also deteriorating during this pandemic and we need to start the healing process ASAP.

Sure, things may work out and people will get vaccinated and we'll be in the clear. Or it's also possible that the variants will become worse. It's too early to tell either way. Lifting mask restrictions so only some people wear them defeats the purpose of wearing a mask since carriers can be asymptomatic.

The facts are not in your favor here...variants will always be around - just like the flu - the population has been sold a bill of goods that this will never go away - it may not, but living your life in a bubble isn't what society wants. You are in the minority - masks outside sever very little purpose. The virus may not care if we are exhausted but the mental health of a nation does. The mask mandates are going to be removed...sooner than later. The science (which I know is a bad word) is proving a lot of what is being portrayed to the public - Wrong.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if there is a transition from ear loop mask to a general 'face covering'. Buffs and bandanas are more comfortable in warm weather, but still catch droplets from sneezes and coughs.

I could not agree with you more!!! Mental health is also deteriorating during this pandemic and we need to start the healing process ASAP.
I am not sure and it will take years to fully know how detrimental this "lock down" was to generations of people. The sooner we can be free of this - the better for everyone. Disney has always been a leader on this front - I am quite sure that they will continue that effort.

Yes, but humans will decide whether they want to succumb to the fear as it relates to this virus or any other. Some of us were done many months ago.

Not wanting to stir the pot, but if we wait for 100% virus eradication before we go back to living life as normal, we will be waiting forever. Viruses have always been around and they'll always be around. If you want to be 100% safe, stay home.

Yup and it won’t be eradicated. The only reason small pox was is because it couldn’t jump between animals and humans. Covid can and that very reason will make it basically impossible.

Not wanting to stir the pot, but if we wait for 100% virus eradication before we go back to living life as normal, we will be waiting forever. Viruses have always been around and they'll always be around. If you want to be 100% safe, stay home.
The pot needs stirred. There is a reasonable solution and there is fear...again, the simple answer is if you don't feel comfortable wear a mask or don't come.

The simple answer is if you want to come wear a mask.
Abide by the rules and if it is not a Disney mandate then it is your choice. I think some fail to see the word "choice" as even an option. For those who choose to never push for normalcy, so be it, the majority of society has chosen to embrace moving forward and that includes the removal of masks.

This thread (which started with actual news) has taken such a predictable turn. Only a matter of time before it gets shut down like all the other mask threads. Way to go, you guys. 🤣

...and here I was just told that the threads were almost 100% speculation...

I think you’re getting all of the mask threads you’re posting on confused, this one is about Disney allowing removal of masks for stationary photos. A confirmed policy change that doesn’t really invite much speculation. It’s confirmed. And yet now this thread is spiraling into talk about fearing the virus, blah blah, nothing to do with taking off masks during photos.

The one I posted about opinion and speculation in is the one the OC “may” lift mask mandate by June thread. That one is filled with more speculation and opinion, because it is not confirmed.

Anyway, I don’t think either of these threads will stick around much longer so enjoy them while you can!

I fear that as a nation we have become fixated on an "Absolutism" approach to resolving COVID-19. 100 percent eradication and the total elimination of any risk simply isn't feasible or practical. Should we continue to exercise reasonable and prudent caution? Yes, of course! Should we be paralyzed as a society indefinitely, until the mythical 100 percent protection/ all but 0 percent occurrence is achieved? No, that just doesn't make sense.

Frankly, what doesn't help is a) the constant flow of misinformation spread wildly through social media and b) the U.S. media's relentless overweighted emphasis on the most negative developments in the COVID battle. (And that's true whether you are consuming "liberal" or "conservative" media outlets.) Check out this recent Times article to learn more. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/24/...tional-media-is-an-outlier-a-study-finds.html

Ultimately, the best solution is to get as many people vaccinated, as possible, as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I know there is great skepticism out there about the vaccine and this whole COVID thing, in general. And, I know, in many cases, people are very genuinely expressing rational concerns about their hesitancy. Those are valid concerns to be honored and respected. Many others though make their decisions on feelings and political leanings, not facts. Too many of us have made EVERYTHING political and EVERYTHING a conspiracy theory (on both sides of the aisle).

I wish we could all calm down, take a breath, love our neighbor and move forward with appropriate confidence, yet also with care and concern for our brothers and sisters on this planet, even when we are in disagreement.

How about spreading less dirt and divisiveness and more pixie dust! :)

Have a magical day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter