Disney to allow guests to remove mask for taking outdoor photo, April 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how rumors work from other Disney forums but a "insider" had the following statement :

"The company’s hope moving forward (until the pandemic is declared “over”) is distancing outdoors (but no masks) and masks plus 3 feet of distancing indoors, once the CDC makes that change official, which they will. Such a change allows much greater use of indoor queues and the substantial return of entertainment (I have heard everything EXCEPT parades, actually). "

I think this is a perfect mix of safety and normalcy with the % of vaccinated people and the pace of continuing vaccinations.
I’m hoping for this!

Kids are not eligible for the shot. My wife and I are vaccinated. My 5 and almost 2 year old are not. The new strains seem to effect kids more. I really want to take them, but knowing that it is safe because everyone is masked is a big part of that calculation. I don't care if people take their masks off outdoors for photos, or honestly outdoors at all, but if they start relaxing indoor mask restrictions, or mask restrictions on rides, I'm out. I'm sure I am not alone in this.
I'm not sure why you cut off the part of my post where a clearly addressed the fact that kids aren't eligible for the vaccine:confused3

I totally support you that if you don't feel comfortable going...for any reason, you obviously shouldn't. Having said that after taking into consideration how many more ppl will be vaccinated I highly doubt Disney will have any issue still booking to their 35% capacity with this new relaxation of masks.

I think you’re getting all of the mask threads you’re posting on confused, this one is about Disney allowing removal of masks for stationary photos. A confirmed policy change that doesn’t really invite much speculation. It’s confirmed. And yet now this thread is spiraling into talk about fearing the virus, blah blah, nothing to do with taking off masks during photos.

The one I posted about opinion and speculation in is the one the OC “may” lift mask mandate by June thread. That one is filled with more speculation and opinion, because it is not confirmed.

Anyway, I don’t think either of these threads will stick around much longer so enjoy them while you can!
whether the thread sticks around or not - a lot of what was said - needed to be said. It started with Disney allowing masks to be removed for pictures and that set in motion what comes next...the removal of mask at least outdoors. One policy change will lead to the next, I personally feel that the next change will be happening sooner than later.

No truer words! I wish everyone who was nervous or scared would just stay home then....no one is forcing you to go to Disney World. WOW.

I wish everyone that wanted to go to Disney World would just wear a mask… No one is forcing you to go to Disney World. WOW

the removal of mask at least outdoors.

What qualifies as outdoors? Standing in an outside queue? Sitting along the cavalcade route? Riding the carousel or the tea cups?

Should you take your mask off and put it back on repeatedly throughout the day?

This is not just about safety for guests it’s also about safety for cast members. Partial options for mask removal outside of standing still and distance from others will create more challenges for cast members who are there trying to keep people safe. We’ve already seen a number of stories about people being aggressive and belligerent with the current policy. I would be concerned that a partial policy would increase the number of those negative interactions. Due to this, until it is safe for people to be both indoors and outdoors in close contact without masks, it is better to leave the policy as it is.

Since another topic has devolved into yet another mask/good, mask/bad, vaccine/good, vaccine/bad discussion this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter