DH is Dropping New Rules

Jennifer777

Mouseketeer
Hearing the prices on the summer 2017 - 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise that I really, really want to book on Thursday, the husband just dropped a new rule - if you can buy a decent car for the price of that cruise, the answer is no.

1. His definition of a "decent car" is obviously different than mine.
2. He's not the boss of me.
3. I can make up rules too. No membership in the verandah club on cruises costing less than the price of a "decent car".

I might get my way yet...

Yeah, my husband is like yours. We sailed on the Fantasy last month and he didn't like that price. I have my eye on the 11 night Southern Caribbean - he is going to freak!

I told my husband what it would cost in a ballpark number (I was really close) and he said that he wanted to go. lol
The logic is that though we have been to St. Thomas and Tortola, we have not been to the other ports. :) I am really hoping for another itinerary to come out for Fall 2017 that would include some of those ports for 7 nights and less money.

To be honest I like the itin of the 10 and 11, I'm hoping they have them again at off peak times like October ish. The 4 day double dips in July were the same price I paI'd for a 7 day in Oct.

YES!!! This is what we're hoping for too. I absolutely love the itinerary, the length, the fact it leaves from PC instead of San Juan like the other southern caribbean cruises and it's on Fantasy. Being in the middle of summer during peak prices and heat are the only two things that are stopping us at this point. I'm hoping they do a repeat of this itinerary during the late fall or winter months so we can escape the cold without having to sell one (or both) of the children.

YES!!! This is what we're hoping for too. I absolutely love the itinerary, the length, the fact it leaves from PC instead of San Juan like the other southern caribbean cruises and it's on Fantasy. Being in the middle of summer during peak prices and heat are the only two things that are stopping us at this point. I'm hoping they do a repeat of this itinerary during the late fall or winter months so we can escape the cold without having to sell one (or both) of the children.

I'm hoping DCL gets its head out of its posterior and uses the Magic to either augment the 10 day trips or to do them herself when she comes back from Europe in the fall. The 2 factors that are stopping us are my wife wont have enough vacay time and the short length of time to pay it off.

The S. Caribbean cruise really caught my eye, too, for many of the same reasons: out of PC instead of San Juan, 3-4 more days on the Fantasy, new ports.

The pricing was...breathtaking. Like @Jennifer777's husband, I, too, thought about how two verandah cabins for the five of us were going to cost the equivalent of a modest new car.

Is it more then $20,000? I ask, because our car got totaled in September and I was going to get a used car. It was impossible to find something decent with some horsepower and less than 100K miles for $20,000. So, you might be able to use that ammo.

We had our TA quote the 2 Southerns...3 adults...unfortunately way too high priced for me :-(

Disney Fantasy – 6/17 – 5E - 10 nt s carib - $12,088.84

Disney Fantasy – 6/28 – 5E - 11 nt s carib - $11,574.06

Is it more then $20,000? I ask, because our car got totaled in September and I was going to get a used car. It was impossible to find something decent with some horsepower and less than 100K miles for $20,000. So, you might be able to use that ammo.

See that's what I'm saying, you can't get a "decent" car for $14,000, so that's a green light, right?

In all seriousness, I'm really hoping that the popularity of these longer southern itineraries will lead to them being offered during other times of the year, like in February or March when prices are more reasonable. Also, the caribbean in the middle of summer is just not as exciting as the caribbean in Feb./March when we're buried under 3 feet of snow and looking to escape air so cold it actually hurts. Air shouldn't hurt! Fingers crossed I can do this cruise yet, just at a different time of year. Now the countdown to the spring 2018 itineraries begins.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter