DH is Dropping New Rules

My used car cost me 3K back in 2007 and still runs great... I will show myself the door... :tilt:

On the other hand I am one of the crazy ones that put money down on a Tesla 3 the very moment I could go into a store and preorder one.... I never could quite get myself to give up ol' reliable for anything else! Now we just have to wait and see what all they come up with between now and the end of next year... good thing Disney has taught me patience. :car:

My used car cost me 3K back in 2007 and still runs great... I will show myself the door... :tilt:

On the other hand I am one of the crazy ones that put money down on a Tesla 3 the very moment I could go into a store and preorder one.... I never could quite get myself to give up ol' reliable for anything else! Now we just have to wait and see what all they come up with between now and the end of next year... good thing Disney has taught me patience. :car:

Dh has been bugging me about the Tesla 3 for weeks now. I booked our August 2017 Alaskan cruise *sort of without telling him* (though he was aware the site was going live and that I was salivating over booking another cruise) :rotfl: then I went and changed our room to an oceanview (eventhough we can afford verandah I am NOT paying those effing prices) so then he pouted even more.....

so I relented and he put down his $1K deposit a few days ago. However, if his car (a 2003 with nearly 300,000km's on it) dies before the Telsa comes out he'll have to buy something else and get his $1k back and forgo his Telsa. Those are MY rules :thumbsup2

We also just bought a lovely used Honda CRV for $13k- considering we got over 600,000 on the last one, I'd say this a good'er ;)

Ha. I did the same and am also hoping my old car makes it for another 2 years until my Model 3 is delivered!

Possibly a little OT, but my husband is ALSO part of the Tesla 3 crowd. LOL (Which is one of the reasons we aren't going on the 10 /11 night cruise!) But then again, almost 3 times as much as a normal 7 day was meh. We could always become members of the amazing back to back club and still have money left over.

THAT being said OP, YOU go for YOUR cruise and YOU enjoy it!!!

Honestly, always assumed there were cameras! :magnify:

Not sure if there are cameras, but our cabin, deck 6 forward, overlooked the verandas below. My newly turned 18 year old daughter comes running in from the balcony screaming "eww -disgusting :rolleyes:". So unless you want an audience, look left, look right, and look up, before proceeding :lovestruc!! :rotfl2:

Honestly, always assumed there were cameras! :magnify:

Exactly. No balcony club for me, way too many private places to play around in instead in the world... :rolleyes1

Ha. I did the same and am also hoping my old car makes it for another 2 years until my Model 3 is delivered!

No kidding... my car is now 19 years old - its one of the reasons I was able to justify such an expensive car next time.

Possibly a little OT, but my husband is ALSO part of the Tesla 3 crowd. LOL (Which is one of the reasons we aren't going on the 10 /11 night cruise!) But then again, almost 3 times as much as a normal 7 day was meh. We could always become members of the amazing back to back club and still have money left over.

THAT being said OP, YOU go for YOUR cruise and YOU enjoy it!!!

yes exactly! She doesn't need a car - its time to party hardy! :D

There are camera's, I'm out on that club!!!

I can't believe those people didn't know people from above could see them, come on!

We had an aft verandah on our very first cruise and learned right away that people can see down from the balcony above. There were times we would sit out there (fully clothed, engaging in only appropriate discussion and activities of course) thinking we had the back of the ship to ourselves because we couldn't see or hear anyone above and then 15 minutes later, we'd hear a cough or see the kind gentleman who really wanted to be our friend standing at the edge looking down from above.

Moral of the story, if you plan on becoming a card carrying member of the club, look above, below, left and right and then head to Shutters at the end of your cruise to destroy any potentially incriminating evidence. :tongue:

As far as the sides of the ship, I think you are safe from the cameras. I understand that they do have cameras out there, but not looking into the verandah. As long as you are not hanging over the edge, you should be safe. Closer to the door, away from the rail should be camera and worry free.

But always look left, right, all around. Might not hurt to listen too. There could be a close by neighbor who might hear something... Just saying.

YES!!! This is what we're hoping for too. I absolutely love the itinerary, the length, the fact it leaves from PC instead of San Juan like the other southern caribbean cruises and it's on Fantasy. Being in the middle of summer during peak prices and heat are the only two things that are stopping us at this point. I'm hoping they do a repeat of this itinerary during the late fall or winter months so we can escape the cold without having to sell one (or both) of the children.
I would be surprised if they offered them in the offseason because they probably wouldn't sell. They would still price them too high for an offseason cruise. Most people won't pull their kids out of school for that long, and the retired people that usually book the longer cruises would probably balk at the prices. They have to discount a lot of their 7 day offseason cruises to fill them. I personally think they're are not going to be able to sell out these Summer SC cruises at these prices. Just my opinion. Anxious to see what happens this time next year after the PIF date.

A couple of cruises ago at the Couples Game (you know the one, where they have newlyweds, another couple married a few years, and then one married for decades) they asked the question: what's the most unusual place you experienced the magic?

Couple Number Three replied that they'd just been visiting their verandah. But then confessed that before that it was in Spaceship Earth (!).

I turned to my friend with my mouth agape, saying "Don't they have cameras in there?"

Let's just say that whenever people saw Couple Number Three for the rest of the cruise, they would wink and give them the thumbs up.

Spaceship Earth Club... No, it just doesn't sound right. Verandah Club & Mile High Club just sound so much better...

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter