DH is Dropping New Rules

When I first started cruising I thought a verandah was a must. The more we cruise the less important it becomes. We book a lot a last minute discounts, and sometimes the only rooms discounted are the Ocean views and insides. Our upcoming Iceland cruise will be our first time in an inside, and honestly I'm just so happy to be on the ship. We really didn't use the verandah at all, but it was nice opening up the door to get fresh air.

It was also great for putting my teens smelly shoes out on the balcony. I honestly never knew how bad his shoes smelled until our first cruise in an ocean view, and I had to spend 7 days in a enclosed room with them. On our upcoming cruise I'm buying him new shoes the day before we leave, hopefully they don't start stinking until the end of the cruise. Any of you that have teenage boys probably know all about the body odor issues.

Dryer sheets! My sons inserts one in each shoe after wearing and it really absorbs the odors. After about a week, he tosses the sheets and gets new ones.

Aren't there cameras out there?
Here is a Q&A from the Royal Caribbean website:
s.gif

Security
Q: Do you have security cameras onboard and, if so, where are they located?
s.gif

A: Royal Caribbean International has closed-circuit television cameras located in hundreds of strategic, public locations throughout the ship but not in private staterooms, public restrooms or private spa areas. These systems are upgraded as new and beneficial technologies are developed. Recordings from these cameras are routinely utilized by our security teams and made available to investigative authorities as requested.

So yes, if you are joining the Verandah Club, you are being captured on CCTV. The balconies are among the most "watched" areas and are considered public spaces and not "private staterooms." If you think about it, an awful lot of bad stuff can happen out there. People throwing things. Jumpers. Smoking. Other fire hazards. The cruise line as a vested interest in monitoring balconies. That said, it isn't like Las Vegas where there is a team of people in a security room monitoring every camera. The footage is captured and stored for a short time and reviewed only if there is a need to do so. So members of the Verandah Club have definitely been captured on CCTV. But it is unlikely that anyone is watching what is going on.

In our family, it's DW who always has the sticker shock from our Disney vacations.

We were on the Fantasy last month when they announced the summer 2017 itineraries. I've always wanted to do Alaska so I booked it onboard on the first day it was available. However, I only booked the 5 night cruise because it's quite a bit more expensive per night than our spring Caribbean cruises have been (the 7 and 9 night Alaska cruise prices would have given her a heart attack).

DW still doesn't know I booked this but I've found that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission (I'm also hoping to spin that, by booking onboard on the first available date, I got a relatively good deal and that she should thank me for my foresight).

I love this. :rotfl:

I guess' but my 2 cents is while we love to cruise and do many other things we do have a limit to what we will spend on any vacation, including what would be our favorite must do trip ever. If that threshold is reached we do something else, no exceptions to the rule. It is a system of checks and balances between the two of us, so we can spend smartly leaving us with money in the bank when we retire so we can continue to travel and not have to wither away at home. We both have our different wants, so both get to put the brakes on depending on what we are looking at.

I thought the husband was very reasonable in his opinion, but hesitated to reply since he got no support lol.

I guess' but my 2 cents is while we love to cruise and do many other things we do have a limit to what we will spend on any vacation, including what would be our favorite must do trip ever. If that threshold is reached we do something else, no exceptions to the rule. It is a system of checks and balances between the two of us, so we can spend smartly leaving us with money in the bank when we retire so we can continue to travel and not have to wither away at home. We both have our different wants, so both get to put the brakes on depending on what we are looking at.

I thought the husband was very reasonable in his opinion, but hesitated to reply since he got no support lol.

It was all said in fun. He has the right to say no and I reserve the right to whine about it a little. His brakes are obviously working fine as we're not going on this cruise. Mine are working fine also, as he's not getting the $60k fishing boat he expressed interest in less than a week later. He appreciates your support though. :thumbsup2

It was all said in fun. He has the right to say no and I reserve the right to whine about it a little. His brakes are obviously working fine as we're not going on this cruise. Mine are working fine also, as he's not getting the $60k fishing boat he expressed interest in less than a week later. He appreciates your support though. :thumbsup2

But is it a nice fiberglass bass boat, those just look awesome in the garage;) If I had my way I would have one of those boats too:) Haven't caught the latest replies, but hope you found an awesome alternative trip

But is it a nice fiberglass bass boat, those just look awesome in the garage;) If I had my way I would have one of those boats too:) Haven't caught the latest replies, but hope you found an awesome alternative trip

Now you even sound like him! (although this was a walleye boat) He also tried, "think of all the cruising we could do in this boat". Ha ha ha ...nice try pal. We haven't booked anything yet. We're waiting for the fall 2017 and winter 2018 dates to be released hoping there is a southern caribbean sailing on one of the dream class ships that will work for us. Fingers crossed we can find one so I can cross that off my bucket list without having to sell the boat he already has. :rotfl:

So, the original poster wrote about DH 'dropping new rules" and "
- if you can buy a decent car for the price of that cruise, the answer is no.

Okey dokey -
I look at this this way :

and the
story goes like this -:tinker:

(taken from my April '2016 trip to WDW via my blog you see listed below in my signature)

{"In
August 2017 I really really RREEAALLYY need to buy a new car (I want a Honda Civic EX with a moon roof, etc) as my current Toyota Corolla has 146K on her.....

and
I wanna celebrate my 'Un'- birthday in style as well.....
it isn't every day that I buy a new car.

BUT WHERE AND WHEN??:confused3

Then, I thought of Ladybugpaw:
as for some crazy reason, I literally erased all these
ideas in my head

and I said outloud a phrase that that cartoon character named Charlie Brown is famous for saying, "RATS."

And....
for the life of me, my mind flashed back to a picture I remembered seeing on the Disney Cruise adventure I took in January 2012.....went to page three of that blog and my eyes grew real wide & there was my answer -

dcl-jan2012294.jpg

I musta just looked at that picture for the longest of time b4 I snapped out of it, sent Jennifer a quick email & VILOA!

YUP!

Yours Truly has a vacation slated for August 2017 for Paris......
NOPE!! NOT PARIS TEXAS

BUT....
Paris, France!:woohoo::woohoo:

(I chose to cancel my upcoming DCL Dec '17 vacation and opt for this; which yes, will include DL Paris):love:
WHICH MEANS.......
now my DAY ONE for my April '17 WDW adventure has been modified a wee bit as I will be literally camped out in the France's section of Epcot's World Showcase.....

As I will be coming in from the Germany section of it with a bag of sweets from that "Karmel" shop (spelling??)

Yes, I do plan on shopping heavily while at France -
Looking forward to the eclairs and macaroons, etc.....

While nibbling on some much needed wine:drinking1
while watching the 'Illuminations' Fireworks for the 1st time.

I know just enough of broken French to get into a lot of rated G for Disney trouble while over in France (WDW) and Paris, France.

AND the fun begins in approx. 646 more hours.party:

Now in relation to this WDW vacation,
there are so many 1sts I haven't seen -
Even
been reading up on the history of Epcot
("Epcot: The First Thirty Years" An Unoffical Retrospective by Jeff Lange and Kevin Yee)
IMHO, a pretty neat book given to me by surprise by Marysa Hill a few years ago:thanks:

ANYWHO -
Never been to HP World and can't wait to see her - including those dang cobblestone streets.....
(To explain, while over in Scotland 2 yrs ago, the cobblestone streets of Edingburgh were not kind to my tenny-shoed feet = OUCH!!):headache:

On a different topic

and yes,
there is an outside shot that I can see the beaches of Normandy while over in Paris.....
Lunch in the Eiffel Tower.....

Chocolate and wine tasting there as well.........

Trip report for my France adventure will be up and running n a few weeks I promise..

P.S.S. I took 18 , yes, 18 gigs of film while at Disneyland in September 2015 so this
adventure oughta be a blast as well."

okokokokokokokkok -}

Just goes to show ya that ya CAN do two things at once -:laughing:
( Sittin' at a 810 credit score and my home mortgage paid off since May 22 of last yr and lovin' every minute of life......)

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter