DH did ask how much it would cost.....

Ya, the plan is 5 nights Universal (first night in at 8:40pm so doesn't count!). So we'll have 4 days there then WDW for 9 nights. I'm on board and luckily live in a holiday area so I can work as much as I want over the summer to get the extra money needed! The older kids will also be working for their spending money (obviously not too many hours.....). I know it's over the top and can do it for cheaper....but I really, really want to share WDW with them! I'll just forgo a few luxuries over the next 10 months. Thanks for letting me vent to the only people that understand the Disney bug....

I am totally with you. We've done WDW about 26 times and DLP around 8 times and there's just nothing to compare. You'll have a ball in Orlando. Yes, we enjoy DLP but Orlando is a blast. We also love Universal! I share your view that it's over the top but that's what life is about!! We took our son for a one off holiday when he was five, he's now 22 and we're still going!! It's definitely a Disney bug but think of all the memories that you will create.

For the final figure...... €9881. Not including spending money or food for Universal. I did downgrade a small bit..... Only staying at Universal 3 nights at Cabana Bay, 2 days at Universal Parks. Flights were €200 cheaper each on the Monday rather than Saturday flying direct from Dublin €670 each. Was happy with that. Then 9 nights at Beach Club (yippeee!). Just remembered MNSSHP so add another €400.......

Paying it off today! It's been a busy summer but we made it. Now it's count down time.

WDW and DLP are different holidays. You would not go to DLP for 2 weeks, I have done a week twice, but almost always stay offsite. DLP is not inferior to WDW IMHO, our best CM experience is at DLP from a street cleaner, well actually it ended up being 2 best. We were in a queue and he came over a did different drawings in all the kids autograph books, they were full page, in detail pictures. We then saw him again at another visit and started talking to him whilst waiting for a castle stage show. He asked if we were in a rush after the show, we said no. After the crowds had dispersed he came over and not only did another drawing, gave up a FP for any ride and did Phantom Manor which does not have FP and voucher for 6 pins.

As for cost €10k is pretty good. I’ve booked next year for 17 nights for family of 4 for £10k flying indirect in Aug. We have got the dining plan. However we still have to add Universal park tickets to this and spending money so will end up something like £12-13k.

Changed again! Cancelled Cabana Bay and booked Rosen for $168 for 3 nights!! Then booked HRH for 1 night at $384. So.... got my express passes for 2 days.... a small bit of a move but will be worth it for the passes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter