DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

So... this might be a dumb question. It’s possible that I could get both vaccinations by sail date. What happens if I book and don’t have both vaccines? Can I get my money back with no penalty?

As others mentioned it does say that you can change your cruise 14 days before you sail or get a refund if you still haven't been fully vaccinated according to the COVID cancellation policy

I’m considering a three night cruise (first timer). If there’s only one show being repeated each night I’m wondering what other evening entertainment will be available.

Also regarding dining, the information mentions having the same table each night. Does this mean they’re not doing rotational dining? I wouldn’t want to go to the same restaurant every night.

So I still read it as rotational as there is a bit in the restaurants that mentions if you do a 2 night you wont experience all the restaurants

With all the information about dining above there's nothing about Cabanas. It just says no buffets. So has it become a standard sit-down-and-order restuarant and do you have to book for lunch time slot ?

I wondered if it would be a sit down rather than the predicted served buffett too. I did wonder if they would use it as one of the main dining rooms for dinner to help reduce the tables within the main restaurants. It specifically says no buffett and also has only Cove Cafe or the main dining rooms open for breakfast on debarkation day.

WOW ....people magicatsea instagram and really really angry at the restrictions Disney have just announced.. the comments section is going crazy. Most people are really unhappy that both vaccines must have been administered. Which is likely to exclude most people between 18 -45. It will certainly be interesting to see if Disney back down on this decision.

I think the biggest problem with all this was Disney not releasing this info sooner. People have got excited about being able to go without actually knowing the restrictions. People assumed (wrongly) that because Disney hadn't specifically said Vaccines and MSc & Viking both have said you wont need them Disney would. Most cruiselines doing staycations in the UK have insisted on vaccines for at least the over 18s (some for everyone). Disney was very vague with the first info release I think because they were weighing up the options. I dont think they will back down on this. If the majority are doing vaccines required then Disney would look silly backing down.

But thousands are being left out now.

I get it... But there are quick tests that can be done also.
We've been having the worst 1,5 year (and I'm sure we're not alone) and we really needed something.
But are 'discriminated' everywhere due to the vaccines and our age group that comes along with them.

The same argument could be made on the fact that this company is likely to be pricing out thousands of people too. Unfortunately this is life. Cruiselines have been hit the hardest by COVID as they have had a year where they could do nothing. They have to be careful and open up safely. Currently the only real safety is not cruising and so they are making a compromise that protects people a little bit. Yes its hard on those that haven't had the vaccine yet but we are rushing through vaccinations. 30 years olds are going to be given their first doses starting this week so it isn't going to be that long before all ages groups are vaccinated. Yes its a hard one but if Disney don't protect themselves and the people on board then there will be an uproar.

Am I reading this wrong or is it just under 18s who need a PCR test?
Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests under 18 years of age are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the date you set sail. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. Guests may obtain their PCR test from the third-party vendor or any qualified testing supplier.

Just under 18s. There is also a lateral flow test at the port which all guests will have to do on the day of sailing.

I'm Canadian so obviously don't qualify for these cruises but have been following along on this thread. One thing missing: teen and tween clubs. You have to book a time for the lab/oceaneers club but no mention of Vibe and Edge? How will this work given that there isn't always a schedule of events in these clubs?

No mention but over 11s have to wear masks while onboard and inside so I wonder if they aren't doing a booking system as they will all be wearing masks so not as much of a risk? Under 11s are only recommended masks so therefore the staff with them will be being exposed more than in the older kids clubs.

Given the dates I think pool use isn't guaranteed anyway. Average high in Liverpool in July is 68° F, and at sea it'll be cooler. Southampton in August is a little better but not all that much warmer. London in September/October isn't noted as beach party temps either.

I personally think it isn't great pool weather any time in the UK but us brits definitely make the most of a sunny day no matter how cold it is and that pool will be busy! It was 59F on weekend in Newport South Wales and there were men walking around topless. We go a bit silly in the sun as we don't see it much :D

Again your assumptions are different due to not being from UK / Ireland. 20 c / 68f temperature is beach weather to us and considering the very harsh restrictions that we are just coming out of, the UK people on these cruises will be using the pools, despite what you may perceive as not being beach temperatures. It may not be what you are used to but its what we are used to.

Completely agree!

Where are people getting the information that it is a government decision to require vaccines, I can't see that? https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel
Other cruise lines such as MSC are selling UK domestic cruises for unvaccinated travellers, so this seems to be a Disney decision to me.

Only MSc and Viking are allowing unvaccinated cruisers. It wasn't a government decision it was up to the cruiseline what they decided on. Disney however I think choose to go with the majority on this one.

We are in Derbyshire and all 40+ adults have been contacted by their gps for their jabs. I think it depends on the local authority and how many jabs they have available to use. I am a frontline worker so fully vaccinated and my husband had his first dose yesterday - he’s 41.
if you sign up to local social media I have seen them put out contact numbers for the centres to ring when they have had a few unused doses left for anyone over 30 to book in.

we would be eligible to book so I’m just trying to absorb all the information.
for me - working in PPE all day - the masks and restrictions don’t bother me, if I do it at work I’m more than happy to do it being surrounded by the Disney magic. My hubby is of the other opinion! given that the only place I’ve been for the best part of the last 12 months is my house,work and Sainsbury’s (supermarket) just being able to be back onboard will be amazing!

the only things I’m still unsure of
- do we all need PCR tests or just under 18s
- is rotational dining happening?
- will there be enough happening for a 12 and 13 year old if edge isn’t accessible to them?
- is edge even open? or would we just schedule time for them in the lab/club? They are bigger spaces to be able to break out into small groups and more interesting than edge tbf
- also guessing no sail away party - not a huge prob but I really love starting of the cruise that way.

So PCR is only under 18s - all will have a lateral flow test at the port however on embarkation day
Rotational dining is happening as on the restaurant page it says "on a 2 night stay you wont experience all restaurants"
No one knows on the enough to keep any age entertained or whether edge is open
I would guess no sailaway and no deck parties but again until it sails its hard to know

I wonder if things are more relaxed on land from late June, will things GRADUALLY become more relaxed on the ship?

I doubt it. I think they will keep it as is although they might increase capacity depending on whether they have sold out any of the cruises. Cruiselines at the beginning of this pandemic were blamed for spreading COVID so they are going to be extra cautious to ensure they don't get shut down again. This means even if on-land restrictions are eased I believe they will keep them on the ship. Also if they have them for some and not for others people will be up in arms about how they paid the same price and got less of an experience

I haven’t seen in any of the info online or on this forum, but does anyone know whether you are able to do a back to back cruise? My wife is looking to do the 20th July with her Mum and then 23rd July with me.

No info released yet unfortunately. Rumour is more info will be released on Wednesday but as thats when booking starts not great timing wise

Last edited:
I'm out due to just one show - that's the best thing in my opinion. Plus the limited kids club
Can book a few west end shows, nice meals out and put the kids into a really fun day camp for less I'd imagine. Might just do that. Or PGL.
I’m seriously considering whether it’s worth booking now too. I can’t imagine how we’ll fill our days with no ports of call and very limited entertainment.

I do feel your pain.
BUT!

I would go ahead and book it. You are able to cancel within 14 days of sail date If you can`t get fully vaccinated. Hence you have nothing to loose. Just hope for the best!

Also IF the 1 dose will be available in the near future you can be easily fully vaccinated by end of July/August!

I was thinking that, as the CM on the phone told me it would be free cancellation -but- I'm still too scared to do that, as the last time our trip was cancelled due to Covid, it took months of lies from that particular company to get our money back, even though they had in big bold letters "you will get your money back", and we ended up opening a small claims court, only then we got payed back.

We've had a tremendous amount of bad news and bad luck in the past 2 weeks, so this kind of kept us going a little bit.
Don't quite understand the difference between a 17 year old being tested and a 30 year old being tested, but that's probably just me.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to donate me one of those little shampoo bottles they'll get when they go? :worship:😅 haha!

I was thinking that, as the CM on the phone told me it would be free cancellation -but- I'm still too scared to do that, as the last time our trip was cancelled due to Covid, it took months of lies from that particular company to get our money back, even though they had in big bold letters "you will get your money back", and we ended up opening a small claims court, only then we got payed back.

We've had a tremendous amount of bad news and bad luck in the past 2 weeks, so this kind of kept us going a little bit.
Don't quite understand the difference between a 17 year old being tested and a 30 year old being tested, but that's probably just me.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to donate me one of those little shampoo bottles they'll get when they go? :worship:😅 haha!
I will say Disney has been VERY good with refunds. We’ve had several cancellations and refunds were always very prompt. If you book directly with Disney that is—not sure if you book with a UK travel agent, might be different. Only travel agent I’ve worked with is Dreams unlimited and with them you still pay disney directly so get the refund from Disney rather than the agent.

I was really exited to go but the fact there is no nursary has put us right off we love a wee visit to the rainforest room and polo but we wouldn’t be able to now

Only MSc and Viking are allowing unvaccinated cruisers. It wasn't a government decision it was up to the cruiseline what they decided on. Disney however I think choose to go with the majority on this one.
It should be noted that Viking have their own COVID test lab on board (I believe PCR) and will be testing PAX every day, so that is why they don't need vax. Not sure about MSC.

(You certainly got good value from the Multi-quote feature on that post! :D)

The lack of nursery meaning no palo was making me have a wobble but no mini h2o is a deal breaker.

Don't worry.. they sell bottles in the gift shop... :duck:

To be honest I'm glad they're not blowing through so much plastic even though I do miss getting them.

Not having the nursery available is a blow for sure.

Don't worry.. they sell bottles in the gift shop... :duck:

To be honest I'm glad they're not blowing through so much plastic even though I do miss getting them.

Not having the nursery available is a blow for sure.
I did actually cave and bought some from Amazon this past year when my stash of little bottles from the trip ran dry. Cheaper than the gift shop!

When buying from a source other than disney, the labeling is different though. The H20 scents you want are "Sea Salt" for body wash, and "Eucalyptus and Aloe" for the shampoo (what Disney calls "Sea Marine").

I did actually cave and bought some from Amazon this past year when my stash of little bottles from the trip ran dry. Cheaper than the gift shop!

When buying from a source other than disney, the labeling is different though. The H20 scents you want are "Sea Salt" for body wash, and "Eucalyptus and Aloe" for the shampoo (what Disney calls "Sea Marine").

Thanks for the heads up. DH has been buying the Sea Salt one off Amazon but didn’t know the Eucalyptus and Aloe was the Sea Marine. :thumbsup2

You can also buy it directly from https://www.h2oplus.com/. They usually have a terrific Black Friday sale. I buy boxes of the stuff every year.

Last edited:
Heads Up for opening day booking (and beyond):
Moderator AquaDame has set up a thread for reporting room prices. It’s on Page 1 of the cruise line forum, in the yellow section.

Castaway Members, please report your findings there to quench the curiosity in one handy location. The moderators are great at coordinating the info and separating it by cruise date and cabin type.

Opening Day Pricing - UK Staycations with Disney Magic at Sea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter