DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Totally confused as to how so many have managed to get jabs, who are unreserved the current age (45) NHS are clear you are not to request them, and there are no ,eft over jabs. I get those in specific jobs have had them early

Where I work, we've invited those who live in the same household as someone who is immunosuppressed.
Also there were quite a lot of people who were invited with underlying health conditions and didn't know why, but the system flagged up things such as being overweight (if it on the GPS system) (which is a big problem in my area) and things such as certain Mental Health problems too, so not necessarily what someone might think of immediately as an underlying health condition and needed the jab ahead of others.

There's also pharmacies in our area that tell people to say that they work in the care sector and they'll give them the jab, no proof needed. (But a lot of the time it's that or have to destroy a load of vaccine)

My DD and I are both vaccinated (both nurses), she has her 2nd this week, we're hoping the numbers are right and we're ready to book.

Just 3 days chilling out together with Disney food and shows is more than good enough for us, we haven't seen each other for 6 months so really hoping it's within our budget - we're hoping for around £800 each for 3 nights.

Noticed on the magic at sea Instagram that they discussed all stateroom categories - couldn’t find the post on this thread that suggested they may just offer verandah rooms to help with limiting capacity but certainly sounds like that won’t be the case. This will be great for those who are cost conscious if there are some cheaper room options in the inside/oceanview categories

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept back the cheaper rooms to spread the crew out too.

The magic already didn't have enough crew cabins back when they crammed everyone in and already relied on a turnover of new sign on crew to stay in a guest cabins for their first few cruises until a crew cabin became available. Its going to be worse now if they're planning on spreading them out more.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept back the cheaper rooms to spread the crew out too.

The magic already didn't have enough crew cabins back when they crammed everyone in and already relied on a turnover of new sign on crew to stay in a guest cabins for their first few cruises until a crew cabin became available. Its going to be worse now if they're planning on spreading them out more.

Yes but less guest = less crew. I think.

But after 21st June they might be allow more guest ( 50% or 1000 person for now) as initially from the 17th of July.

Edit: as initially from the 17th of May.

Last edited:
I wonder if things are more relaxed on land from late June, will things GRADUALLY become more relaxed on the ship?

I wonder if things are more relaxed on land from late June, will things GRADUALLY become more relaxed on the ship?

I doubt it. Things are very relaxed in Florida but in Walt Disney World they have continued with the higher stricter restrictions. People are not happy that they still have to wear masks etc on Disney property. Disney seem to be going above and beyond with safety measures and restrictions even though local Government are not requiring it.

I do understand why are you asking this :)

In my opinion:

Without being vaccinated over 18s CAN NOT GO on this cruise at all so I think If someone here can offer valuable advise how to get vaccinated to the UK resident who are not vaccinated yet it`s kind of sticking to the topic.

Many important upcoming updates won`t mean anything If people won`t be able to sail (they can book though) ... it looks like first huddle is to be vaccinated.

Please don`t be offended but I can imagine how frustrated the situation for those who are still waiting for the vaccine and want to cruise!

I know the cancellation policy is really flexible but still ... better to get that jab in the arm ASAP.
[/Q
Yes the cancellation policy is really good, which reduces some of the worry. , but for those going club level need to ensure that they are all good to go, as the refund policy is very different

even though local Government are not requiring it.
I don't want to derail thread because it's specific to the UK cruises, but this is a very common misperception that keeps getting repeated. While the STATE of Florida does not have a mask mandate or other precautions, such rules are in place at the COUNTY level, including Orange and Osceola counties which includes WDW property.

Totally confused as to how so many have managed to get jabs, who are unreserved the current age (45) NHS are clear you are not to request them, and there are no ,eft over jabs. I get those in specific jobs have had them early

i know a lot of people that have got them via work (NHS), anyone who has an underlying health condition such as immunosuppressant, diabetic, heart conditions to name a few, and those that have struck lucky with left over vaccines that will be destroyed if not used. I do think it is completely rubbish for people who aren’t able to get them.

My DD and I are both vaccinated (both nurses), she has her 2nd this week, we're hoping the numbers are right and we're ready to book.

Just 3 days chilling out together with Disney food and shows is more than good enough for us, we haven't seen each other for 6 months so really hoping it's within our budget - we're hoping for around £800 each for 3 nights.

That is lot of money but is that Balcony too?

It would be nice for you and your daughter

Last edited:

For us, it is because I have asthma and Mrs M72 is classed as parent carer due to child with Autism diagnosis. But I believe depending on job / local health areas there is some flex. There was some news reporting of teachers in london in their 20's / 30's getting vaccines in Feb due to some glitch in the matrix

Thank you for your service.
Thank you and your daughter for what you do. You are heroes.

I understand the desire to not get into a vaccine debate but to simplify things... if you’re looking to get one quicker you need to find out the specific health board your county falls under and look up vaccine info directly with them. Many healthboards have reserve lists now but each one is different so it’s unhelpful to speculate and say you can get “spare” doses. I’m in Wales and some healthboards have reserve lists and others don’t. There’s been so much publicity about the reserve lists some health boards have chosen not to have one now. Good luck!

I haven’t seen in any of the info online or on this forum, but does anyone know whether you are able to do a back to back cruise? My wife is looking to do the 20th July with her Mum and then 23rd July with me.

I'm out due to just one show - that's the best thing in my opinion. Plus the limited kids club
Can book a few west end shows, nice meals out and put the kids into a really fun day camp for less I'd imagine. Might just do that. Or PGL.

I'm out due to just one show - that's the best thing in my opinion. Plus the limited kids club
Can book a few west end shows, nice meals out and put the kids into a really fun day camp for less I'd imagine. Might just do that. Or PGL.
This does make me wonder what there is to do on the evening when you're not seeing the show. Will the cinema be open (does the magic class even have one, I know the dream class does)?

I haven’t seen in any of the info online or on this forum, but does anyone know whether you are able to do a back to back cruise? My wife is looking to do the 20th July with her Mum and then 23rd July with me.

I was wondering this as well.

If so I can't see it being exactly like before. You would probably have to take luggage off whilst they deep clean everything and also in case you fail the LF test at the port again, and if they are going on 50% occupancy it's probably every other cabin used for one sailing, and the remaining for the next so you wouldn't get the same stateroom anyway.

I was wondering this as well.

If so I can't see it being exactly like before. You would probably have to take luggage off whilst they deep clean everything and also in case you fail the LF test at the port again, and if they are going on 50% occupancy it's probably every other cabin used for one sailing, and the remaining for the next so you wouldn't get the same stateroom anyway.
Agreed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter