DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Why are they requesting you wear a face mask in any public area. If all the guests and hopefully crew, will be fully vaccinated. Seem a little over kill to me

The kids won’t be vaccinated and won’t be required to wear masks. My thinking.

I would be very cautious about advising people to contact vaccination centres for left over dose in The UK. This may be what people do in the country you live in, but in The UK, this is not something that should be advised to do.
I live in England and my local council have advised people to contact local vaccine centres for doses.

Edited to add: doses which have been leftover as the invited people have not turned up.

These rules would be the perfect set up for our family. We are all adults (25 and over), all double-dose vaccinated, are willing to wear masks and are Disney veterans.

If they can find enough people like us, they can fill their reduced-capacity cruises.

Those early announcements of the cruises coming this summer seem to be standard marketing - build the interest. In the meantime, they were trying to incorporate new conditions for health and safety. Hopefully, they thought through the changes and included everything in the restrictions.

No nursery limits the risk of someone’s infant (or the CM) getting ill. Big lawsuits if that happened.

No Fish Extenders. The company is aware of those! They do pay attention. I think magnets may be okay. I probably would only put one on my door to help me find my room, though.

I would miss the nightly shows. But this wouldn’t be my only cruise. The Wish is coming. Maybe next year.

Just by offering these cruises, and having restrictions that keeps out a lot of people for reasons other than the cost of a Disney cruise, will promote future interest.

The Brits soldier on better than Americans (at least in the past). My perception. Americans pull together for natural disasters but aren’t doing so well at going along if their “freedom” is perceived as being taken away.

This does seem like it would appeal to a Transatlantic or Panama Canal clientele.

Wish I had the right residency.

Good luck with those trying to book next week.

Given the dates I think pool use isn't guaranteed anyway. Average high in Liverpool in July is 68° F, and at sea it'll be cooler. Southampton in August is a little better but not all that much warmer. London in September/October isn't noted as beach party temps either.
Never too cold for the hot tub, and the regular pools are heated too. We were swimming outdoors in 40 degree weather on our Alaska cruise.

Never too cold for the hot tub, and the regular pools are heated too. We were swimming outdoors in 40 degree weather on our Alaska cruise.
I stand corrected by all. As a minnesotan I am flex on temperatures but I tend to prefer 75+ for lounging in the sun personally.

I stand corrected by all. As a minnesotan I am flex on temperatures but I tend to prefer 75+ for lounging in the sun personally.
I mean, I do think it is true that the pools are less crowded on colder itineraries. Taking that away by itself might not affect a lot of cruisers so you did make a valid point. The issue I have is that usually on the colder itineraries there is plenty to keep you busy if you aren’t into swimming in cooler temps—interesting port destinations, tons of indoor activities, matinee shows on sea days. With no port stops and everything else needing a reservation, closing off the pool deck with a virtual queue seems problematic to me.

FYI, it doesn’t say their source but the heart fm website published a story about these cruises a few days ago and it says the prices start from around £1000 for 2 adults for the 3 night...

https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/disney/uk-cruises-summer-special-guests-productions/

that quote has been floating around since DCL sent out the initial first press releases. There's multiple news articles from the last few weeks quoting the same sentences so they are all just copying and pasting from the same info sent out by DCL

This is the bit I don’t think it’s very clear on... whether or not there’s still rotational dining, as one place it says you have the same table, elsewhere it does specify that if you’re on a 2
nighter, you won’t get to experience all the restaurants... so that makes me think you do rotate...
The same table, I guess is the table number, which is how it's always done. I think you do get rotation from the fact that only 2 nights don't get all dining rooms

Totally confused as to how so many have managed to get jabs, who are unreserved the current age (45) NHS are clear you are not to request them, and there are no ,eft over jabs. I get those in specific jobs have had them early

I
I'm Canadian so obviously don't qualify for these cruises but have been following along on this thread. One thing missing: teen and tween clubs. You have to book a time for the lab/oceaneers club but no mention of Vibe and Edge? How will this work given that there isn't always a schedule of events in these clubs?
wondered this also - my daughter and niece would be edge aged now so hoping theres some more info on this

Totally confused as to how so many have managed to get jabs, who are unreserved the current age (45) NHS are clear you are not to request them, and there are no ,eft over jabs. I get those in specific jobs have had them early
We are in Derbyshire and all 40+ adults have been contacted by their gps for their jabs. I think it depends on the local authority and how many jabs they have available to use. I am a frontline worker so fully vaccinated and my husband had his first dose yesterday - he’s 41.
if you sign up to local social media I have seen them put out contact numbers for the centres to ring when they have had a few unused doses left for anyone over 30 to book in.

we would be eligible to book so I’m just trying to absorb all the information.
for me - working in PPE all day - the masks and restrictions don’t bother me, if I do it at work I’m more than happy to do it being surrounded by the Disney magic. My hubby is of the other opinion! given that the only place I’ve been for the best part of the last 12 months is my house,work and Sainsbury’s (supermarket) just being able to be back onboard will be amazing!

the only things I’m still unsure of
- do we all need PCR tests or just under 18s
- is rotational dining happening?
- will there be enough happening for a 12 and 13 year old if edge isn’t accessible to them?
- is edge even open? or would we just schedule time for them in the lab/club? They are bigger spaces to be able to break out into small groups and more interesting than edge tbf
- also guessing no sail away party - not a huge prob but I really love starting of the cruise that way.

the only things I’m still unsure of
- do we all need PCR tests or just under 18s
- is rotational dining happening?
- will there be enough happening for a 12 and 13 year old if edge isn’t accessible to them?
- is edge even open? or would we just schedule time for them in the lab/club? They are bigger spaces to be able to break out into small groups and more interesting than edge tbf
- also guessing no sail away party - not a huge prob but I really love starting of the cruise that way.

Yes, tests for all under 18's prior to the cruise (24hr-5 days before) and tests for everyone at the port regardless of age.

I think rotational dining is happening, as the text on the Dining page says that those on 2-nights wont be able to experience all the restaurants.

I cant see a sail away party happening. Sail away is at 7pm, which would be in the middle of the first group of diners. It's a shame, its a great way to get things started!

I think the NHS advice differs from area to area.
I requested my jab and got it within a week

local centres also encourage people to ring up for any spare doses

I know its hard but we have been doing so well in this thread, just try to keep this for updates and things to do with the cruises and not venter into the vaccine talk, just a few more days until Platinum and Gold bookings open and we will get the first day opening prices :) Many important updates will be coming in the next week when bookings open :)

Well firstly as a lot of under 40s have underlying conditions, like I have Coeliac disease (gluten allergy, but is an immune disease) and the wife has asthma, but was offered the vaccine through her school as she’s a teacher. Also there have been pharmacies / GPs offering unused jabs to anyone on a first come first served basis - I know this has been done in Kent, Hampshire, Merseyside and Cheshire at least based on friends of mine. :)

I know its hard but we have been doing so well in this thread, just try to keep this for updates and things to do with the cruises and not venter into the vaccine talk, just a few more days until Platinum and Gold bookings open and we will get the first day opening prices :) Many important updates will be coming in the next week when bookings open :)

I do understand why are you asking this :)

In my opinion:

Without being vaccinated over 18s CAN NOT GO on this cruise at all so I think If someone here can offer valuable advise how to get vaccinated to the UK resident who are not vaccinated yet it`s kind of sticking to the topic.

Many important upcoming updates won`t mean anything If people won`t be able to sail (they can book though) ... it looks like first huddle is to be vaccinated.

Please don`t be offended but I can imagine how frustrated the situation for those who are still waiting for the vaccine and want to cruise!

I know the cancellation policy is really flexible but still ... better to get that jab in the arm ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter