Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking how great it will be to be able to hop to EPCOT again for dinner because my family likes so many of the restaurants there. But then I realized that we won't actually be able to make reservations for dinner even if we are hopping there because we won't have an EPCOT reservation for that day. So I guess you hope for walk-up availability or choose counter service? (of which they do still have some great options)

I was thinking how great it will be to be able to hop to EPCOT again for dinner because my family likes so many of the restaurants there. But then I realized that we won't actually be able to make reservations for dinner even if we are hopping there because we won't have an EPCOT reservation for that day. So I guess you hope for walk-up availability or choose counter service? (of which they do still have some great options)

You can book dinner reservations without a park res

I am certainly interested in PH, but considering how early the parks may close for my late Jan trip idk if it will be worth it. I was a serial park hopper previously, but it really wasn't so bad at 1 per day for my trip in August.
I went in late January this year (pre-covid), and the hours were short. We were actually glad we didn't pay for a PH, as we wouldn't have had time to the make the most of it.

I think the issue isn't park reservations but making dining reservations without knowing for sure you'll be able to hop to Epcot. If on the day you intend to hop to Epcot (or whichever park) the park is full, will guests be charged the no-show fee?

This is what I was thinking. I’d really like more information on how they will let guests know if or when parks are available to hop to. So much unknown makes me antsy!!

I think the issue isn't park reservations but making dining reservations without knowing for sure you'll be able to hop to Epcot. If on the day you intend to hop to Epcot (or whichever park) the park is full, will guests be charged the no-show fee?

Personally, unless we know more information as times goes on, I won't be making any ADRS based on a park I might be able to hop to. Any sit down I must eat at, I will make sure it's on a park reservation day.
So any days I think we might want to hop (for example, we won't spend a full day at DHS, never do) we won't make a dinner reservation anywhere and see where we end up.

We will play it by ear with hopping and eat at what's open! Might be more fun that way. :)

I still think we need more info on how PH is going to work. The data must support they will not run into a capacity issue.

Still makes me question the following scenarios:
  • Capacity is near 35% full at each park for a particular day- what happens if 25% of MK, HS and AK crowd want to go to Epcot after 2 pm? Will Epcot start blocking you at the gate?
  • What if you had a dining reservation and can't enter a park?
  • What will this do to Epcot and other parks day reservations? Will this make HS and MK even harder to land park reservations and people will save Epcot for PH only?
  • Will this create jams at 2 pm at all entrances to enter to make sure you can get in to your 2nd park?

I think the times when one WON'T be able to hop to EPCOT will be pretty minimal ... and if that is the case I would suspect they would let you cancel yoru ADR and waive the fee - worst case scneario you can move the ADR to a future date and then cancel it to avoid any fee.

I still think we need more info on how PH is going to work. The data must support they will not run into a capacity issue.

Still makes me question the following scenarios:
  • Capacity is near 35% full at each park for a particular day- what happens if 25% of MK, HS and AK crowd want to go to Epcot after 2 pm? Will Epcot start blocking you at the gate?
  • What if you had a dining reservation and can't enter a park?
  • What will this do to Epcot and other parks day reservations? Will this make HS and MK even harder to land park reservations and people will save Epcot for PH only?
  • Will this create jams at 2 pm at all entrances to enter to make sure you can get in to your 2nd park?

I think those are all interesting points and things I am curious about - but also nothing I would be too worried about

Remember, on an average pre-Covid day at EPCOT was running at ~31% capacity so the times now that it is at 35% capacity I think will be pretty darn few

I will say that in the past (pre-Covid) we ran into a few times that the Skyliner station at Caribbean Beach had significant lines for the EPCOT line at ~4pm as it was popular for people to hop over there, so I can see that being an issue again, and even longer lines due to social distancing now. The line moved fast, but was a bit intimidating to look at

Has anyone who's gotten a BG at 2pm received a "regular" BG (not a backup BG)? I know, in my experience, at 2pm I've always been able to secure a backup (which eventually was called) but I haven't heard of anyone getting a "regular" one. Has anyone?
I got a 2pm regular boarding pass in early August. I also got back ups when I attempted to get them on the morning draw. It’s all a crapshoot.

All of this hopping, walkways and reopening restaurants is happening just a little too late. Our last trip on our APs was a couple weekends ago and we are letting them expire for now. I'm so happy for everyone who gets to benefit but it's making me sad I have no trips to look forward to.

It's funny looking at the scan codes for the McDonalds giveaway. Last day to enter on the paper with the toy was in August of 20. Clearly this toy situation was meant to come out more in line with the opening of the ride or even early summer.

It's funny looking at the scan codes for the McDonalds giveaway. Last day to enter on the paper with the toy was in August of 20. Clearly this toy situation was meant to come out more in line with the opening of the ride or even early summer.

Yup noticed that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter