Could Disney Take Guests' Temperatures? Bob Iger Talks Future of Parks

A teething child, someone who's been out in the sun too long, some ppl. "run" warmer than others etc.

Running "warmer" is very different from having a high fever (and I believe if they do go to temp checks, they will be looking for high temps of 102 or greater, not merely elevated ones).

Here we go with the "security theater" claims. There are people who are asymptomatic so I guess we shouldn't bother screening anyone. NONSENSE. If temp screening weeds out ANYONE with COVID-19 or any other communicable disease then it's worth it.

How do we weed out everyone with it? I don't know. But I don't subscribe only to the "all or nothing" tactics.

We now have to have our temperature taken at work when entering the building. Where I work is considered essential so they are still up and running. We were closed for a week so the company could make changes so we are following the social distancing practices, it not perfect but they are trying to protect everyone.

Exactly. Because by the time you get to the gate of a park, you've potentially already come in close proximity to dozens or even hundreds of people (monorail, ferry, tram, lines).

Not only that, but people who think they or their kids might have the slightest chance of being turned away are going to pop some Tylenol and BOOM. No more fever. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Here we go with the "security theater" claims. There are people who are asymptomatic so I guess we shouldn't bother screening anyone. NONSENSE. If temp screening weeds out ANYONE with COVID-19 or any other communicable disease then it's worth it.

How do we weed out everyone with it? I don't know. But I don't subscribe only to the "all or nothing" tactics.
B/c unless they make us stand 6 ft apart, I’m more at risk all lined up standing on top each other for longer while the take temps.

- masks and gloves
- social distancing
- 6 ft apart
- no hugs with characters
- no self serve buffet stations
- limit queue and park occupancy
- washing stations
- hand sanitizer stations

i highly doubt the avid disney world visitors would comply with these policies

- masks and gloves
- social distancing
- 6 ft apart
- no hugs with characters
- no self serve buffet stations
- limit queue and park occupancy
- washing stations
- hand sanitizer stations

i highly doubt the avid disney world visitors would comply with these policies
Unless there is major changes made in how they operate I doubt any avid Disney guest could.

I know you aren't naïve enough to believe no one has ever traveled to WDW with a communicable disease. We see on this board (and the Dis facebook group) all the time people who didn't cancel their trips due to various maladies. Taking someone's temp does nothing to make other people safer, just like searching millions of bags doesn't make anyone safer. It's to make you feel safer, it doesn't actually do anything.

Hard to wrap my brain around a company that won't address guests blatantly violating policies about line jumping suddenly becoming willing to scan temperatures and do general wellness observation as part of the admission process for the parks. Maybe if that's the way they can resume operations and cash flow they'll push hard for the idea it's keeping customers safer, but I still find it an incredible turn.

Take it a step back...what are the airlines going to do? How will they deal with social distancing and temps and so on in airports and on flights?

Will you need a health certificate to travel? Will they add temp scanners at security? We all think we know what can/can't happen but at this point short of rectal temp taking of each individual pretty much nothing is off the table.

Unless there is major changes made in how they operate I doubt any avid Disney guest could.
The CDC has laid out strict guidelines divided into phases. obviously any businesses will need to implement them just like any other health/safety codes

Take it a step back...what are the airlines going to do? How will they deal with social distancing and temps and so on in airports and on flights?

Will you need a health certificate to travel? Will they add temp scanners at security? We all think we know what can/can't happen but at this point short of rectal temp taking of each individual pretty much nothing is off the table.
it’s not so much as what airlines going to do as what the public can do: short of a vaccine, i suppose you would have to self quarantine for 14 days post flight

it’s not so much as what airlines going to do as what the public can do: short of a vaccine, i suppose you would have to self quarantine for 14 days post flight
But will/should they even allow people to fly if they are potentially infected?

LOL...the minute the airlines can cram everyone back on a plane without regard to comfort or anything else on the customer's behalf they will.
The biggest lessons learned will be that no lessons are ever learned.

Better to wait for a vaccine than jump through all of these hoops. I’ll stick with camping, where I’ll have more control.

The problem is that there will be people that won’t follow the rules and put everyone at risk. I only have to drive to my local grocery store to see these people. Most will try to do the right thing.

And I did catch the flu on a Disney Cruise even with all of the wet wipes being handed out and hand washing stations. So I’m not holding my breath that screening will be adequate for COVID-19 to go to the parks.

LOL...the minute the airlines can cram everyone back on a plane without regard to comfort or anything else on the customer's behalf they will.
The biggest lessons learned will be that no lessons are ever learned.

IMO the biggest change to come from this will likely be the west accepting the previously mostly Asian practice of wearing face masks in various public situations.

My problem with mask being the norm is those who cant hear typically read lips as well as sign so I feel like we are isolating them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter