Cindy's Breakfast advice & encouragement

Got my table at Cinderella's again this year- will be my second time. This is what happened:

I called at 6:53 or so, got the office-is-closed recording. Then hit redial a few times and got the open recording. A CRO person answered and her first words were "Is 9:00 good for you for Cinderella's table? Quick before they're all taken!"

I said, "How about 8:30? When is the first seating?"

She said, "8:30, OK, how many people, quick!"

I said "Three! 2 adults and one child! Is 8:30 the earliest seating?"

She said, "There are earlier seatings, but I can't go back now or we'll lose this. How old is the child?

I said, "Nine. Are there earlier seatings?"

She said, "Yes, but there all gone now."

Then she gave me my confirmation number for 8:30.

I told my boyfriend, who was sleeping, and he couldn't believe it. I decided to call back (it was 7:04 now) to see if Cinderella's Table was, in fact, booked by now. My boyfriend said, "Wait, I want to get on the other extension. I've got to hear this."

I called, and was on a waiting recording of music for a few minutes. The CRO person came on. I asked her if there were seats available at Cinderella's table for 60 days later. My boyfriend and I waited a few seconds until she came back on and said, "There are no more left."

Hope this helps someone!

BW:Pinkbounc

:bounce: Got Cinderella's this morning!! The phone lines were opened at EXACTLY 6:58 am. I was hitting redial from 6:55am a few times and wasn't expecting it to click over I almost hung up!
What I didn't get were PS for Chef Mickeys on Jan. 1. I wasn't even thinking about it being a holiday. :(

If you want to avoid the headaches & stress of calling for a Cindy's breakfast yourself you might try booking your on property stay thru Dreams Unlimited.
For the Cindy's PS alone, it was worth using Dreams! They of course can't guarantee you a PS, but I haven't heard of any missed yet!
They do so many other nice things for you too, but I just thought I'd remind those that don't realize this is one of the many perks of using Dreams!

This is an unsolicited endorsement from a very happy DISer with a very happy 3 1/2 yo DD!

Just tried to get a reservation this morning 3:50 am PST.

Got through on my third redial.

Spoke to a very friendly cm. I thought for sure this was it. This is the first time I've even gotten through. I have been trying for the last 3 years. Last May my husband and I ended up doing Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.

In any case, I heard a lot of keyboard tapping and then he said it's sold out. I was so upset. So close yet so far. To top it off the cm said that he was sorry but he doesn't type as fast as the other agents. boo hoo hoo!

Anyway I will be trying everday for the next week. LOL hope I can get it for my huge princess fan.

MY CINDYS PS STORIES

1998 ~ First trip with my dd. I read about character meals on disney.com. I saw that there was one in the castle, cool! I called about 7 or 8 weeks before our trip and got PS no problem. The CM said he was surprised that I got it. I was clueless as to how rare these PS were.

2001 ~ Now aware of the value of a Cindy's PS, I called at 6:58am 60 days prior to trip ~ got thru ~ got PS! The CM read it back, "Okay, that's PS for 2 adults 2 children 8:05am at Cape May!" "WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAPE MAY! NO NO NO, I said Cinderella's Royal Table!" I replied. The CM was so upset. I heard fast fingers on a keyboard while she repeated, "I am so sorry, I'll bet all the PS are gone." NOPERS! We got 8:35am PS! WHEW!

2002 ~ Done it twice, but dh wanted to do it again. I called 6:58am, 60 days prior to trip. Got it first try.

I seem to be sprinkled in Pixie Dust ~ so I am shaking some off so you all can get the PS you want too! S

Tried again and got through at 06:57:40 for breakfast on 1/1 at 8:05 (FIRST seating!!) This means we will cancel CRT breakfast for five at 9:15 am on 12/31 !! I hope a Dis-er can get it, so if you are interested, please post and we can choose a day/time for me to cancel, then hopefully YOU can call and pick it up!

Just wanted to post one more time... I was a little surprised that nobody seems to want this, but just in case I'll give it one more try! If anybody is interested, PLEASE POST! You can't transfer a PS directly, but if you know when one is cancelled, you can call right away after and pick it up.

Any takers?:confused:

After trying for the past 3 trips I was finally able to get a Cindy's ressie. My 6 yo dd is thrilled. Thanks for all the wonderful tips. Barb

Thanks for all the very helpful tips. I finally got a reservation.

So now my little girl can finally see the princesses in the castle. I hope I am not hyping it so much that we'll all be disappointed.

Called yesterday morning at 3:58 PST and got in on my second redial. I just yelled 3 LOL. Don't think this strategy helped my chances, the cm said she thought I was a recording. I told her that the last cm told me just to yell 3 to maximize my chances. She was able to get us in on 1/5 at 9:55am. She asked if this was okay. I was like hello, I'll take anything. She laughed and when she asked for my zip code she was like your on the west coast? Are you crazy what are you doing up? Trying to get my daughter into the castle (duh) :smooth:

Thanks again everyone

MandaMom:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Congrats MandaMom!!! Isn't it a great feeling? Our first character meal was at CRT and I didn't think the kids really liked it. After talking to my dk's about any restaurants we wanted to try this trip this was the top of the list. I discovered that they were shocked we were in the castle, they thought it would be a room that 'looked' like a castle and the princesses would be far away. This explains the look on ds (4) face when Belle came up behind him and said hello. LOL:)

Have a great time!!

Hey Niagara Falls ~ we'll be seeing you for the Festival of Lights and the Disney show in a couple weeks! Are you going to the DIS meet in the Falls?

Our first character meal was CRT as well in June1998. I didn't have a clue it was hard to get into at the time. We have done ti three times.

We are really looking forward to the Epcot Princess character meal next trip.

melindandrob

Yes. Thank you I am beside myself. I feel like I won the lottery or something. I am so excited, also I am relieved I don't have to wake up or stay up until 3am to book the reservation.

I can't wait to see the inside of the castle. And also Cindy. Guess which princess is currently my daughter's favorite?

Cindy1.JPG

MandaMom

Call me a money spending fool, but I think CRT breakfast is worth the money. The princesses are awesome and we have had the best time the two times we have been there.
I think the food is pretty good, by Disney standards. And you can get a LITE breakfast if eggs, bacon, sausage, pototoes aren't on your diet. Also, pastries and fruit are abundant. Ask for more. It is AYCE. Don't be afraid.
I think this breakfast's food is much better than the food in EPCOT. My four kids hated the Princess Storybook breakfast food. They didn't care for Skillet dining, nor the amount of spices in the eggs. But they, too, have different foods. Just ask. My kids had toasted bagels and were much happier.
Good luck to all who are trying to "WIN THE LOTTERY" by getting these PS.
Well worth the money to see the smiles on the kids faces.
PS -- Belle spent 15 mins at our table with my 2 yo. She was awesome! Wish I knew who she was so I could alert Disney to her "above and beyond" service.

I will be calling to cancel a seating for four on New Years Day if anyone is interested. Just PM me and I will coordinate a time with you.

Before you cancel your ressie, I would just call and ask if you can transfer it to someone else. I know when we just went, there was a problem b/c the individual who the ressie was under, didn't show up. They were in the hotel sick and the hostess was giving the person in front of her a hard time. Just trying to do her job, but you may have to get on 3 way conversation to cancel under your name and reschedule under someone else.

It was my understanding that Cindy reservations cannot be transferred. However, if I cancel at a specific time and someone else knows to call a minute or two later, then they have a great chance of picking up that time slot. Anyone know for sure?

Originally posted by Troyfus
It was my understanding that Cindy reservations cannot be transferred. However, if I cancel at a specific time and someone else knows to call a minute or two later, then they have a great chance of picking up that time slot. Anyone know for sure?
I am pretty sure this is the only way it can be done. PS's can not be transfered to another (at least at CRT).

Troyfus is right. You have to try to coordinate times. (I heard that you used to be able to transfer, but then somebody tried "selling" CRT ressies....) Don't know if that's true, but it is true that ressies can't be transferred.

PS STILL have CRT breakfast for five available on NYEve!!
(I gotta get around to cancelling them soon!!) :rolleyes:

I realize I'm being very picky here but I'm really disappointed. I got 8:05 AM reservations yesterday morning for Cindy's and was so excited to be going before the park was open....I realized this morning it's an early entry day and the park will open at 8:00....argh. Some of my magic is gone. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow moring.

Mindy1908, don't despair! Since your PS is so early, you can get in prior to opening and enjoy a very uncrowded Main Street, and likely meet a few characters prior to breakfast. Once the gate opens, you can go escape and relax at breakfast. This happened to us once too, and it actually worked out for us for the best. Worst case, see what time you get tomorrow and cancel the one you don't want.

We it for Feb 2nd, at 9:55. I didn't really want to do it on an EE day, but oh well! That will still give us 2 hours in the park before breakfast!

Right after I booked that, I tried to get Sci Fi the same day for 5:15, and it was already booked... all I could get was 4:55. When did Sci Fi get so popular you had to book it a 7 am 60 days prior?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter